Sign in to follow this  
SolarWind

Is There Such a Thing as a Cyber-Stalker

I really don't what they do or way. I would like to believe there are no cyber-stalkers. But, with the reality of our world there must be stalkers on the internet. :laugh:

Not sure if it's exactly a cyber stalker, but I know a girl who's broken into my e-mail and read private e-mails I hadn't read yet. Then she registered at one of my message boards and harassed me and PM'd a person who was one of my e-mail contacts and lied about me, got banned, registered under a different name and followed me around, got banned again. Since then she hasn't bothered me yet but I'm sure she'll try again, she's nuts.

Yes, cyber-stalking is real, and it sounds, RickerChick, as if you are a victim. I know several people who have had similar experiences. With the people I know, it started in various chatrooms. They irritated someone, and then that someone decided to take revenge.

On a board I was on before this, there was one person who would become angry with so-and-so, keep registering under different names, and constantly harrass so-and-so. I heard rumors that "the stalker" didn't actually break into so-and-so's email, but he knew it, so he signed so-and-so up for email subscriptions to all sorts of undesirable sites, and had him spammed so much that it blocked up his account.

The way I see the internet is that it is much like real life. People you enjoy, people you can't stand, people who run the gamut of every human emotion and difference, all under a cloak of anonymity. There are jerks here, heroes here, every human type - you just have to learn how to deal with all of them.

To quote the infamous R. King, "Can't we all get along." The only time his life where said something that was smart.

Edited by Odie

Yeah there are cyberstalkers, some people just seem to get obsessed and get some strange thrill out of harassing people. I don't get it but it happens. :(

We had a case here where a man was cyber stalking a woman who had broken up with him. He spammed her computer as well as all of her friends, relatives and neighbours with messages that said the most terrible things about the woman. I think he sent an email to her church saying that she had posed nude for pictures and stuff like that. He was convicted of stalking her and is still in jail I think.

Yes there are, a long time ago, i was not just a flirt, i was a cyber flirt too, i used to talk to dozens of girls online a night, and a few i got to know very well (as much as you can online), and then i met my girlfriend, so i thought it to be inopriate to continue talking to these girls in a more than friendly manner.

But one girl couldn't accept this, a canadian girl, a year younger. She registered at many of the message boards i was a member on (200+ at the time), and she'd keep changing her aol and msn names to try to talk me into talking to her again.

NET G/F's SUCK :roflmao:

Not sure if it's exactly a cyber stalker, but I know a girl who's broken into my e-mail and read private e-mails I hadn't read yet. Then she registered at one of my message boards and harassed me and PM'd a person who was one of my e-mail contacts and lied about me, got banned, registered under a different name and followed me around, got banned again. Since then she hasn't bothered me yet but I'm sure she'll try again, she's nuts.

She's back. :( I new it wouldn't last. :(

You have a message board??? Where???

You have a message board??? Where???

No I just meant one of the ones I post at, I don't own or run any myself.

I hate people who do that! It just proves thier immiturity! If that everhappens to a friend I will either beat the *poopie* out of the person if I know them in real life or try to talk some sense into them or scare the crap out of them! Stalkers of any kind just make me SO MAD!!! THEY MAKE ME SEE RED! IF I HAD THE CHANCE TO GET ME HANDS ON A STALKER ID KILL THEM!!!

Yes. There are such things as cyber-stalkers. I've been stalked three times. Twice in real life and once on the computer which is just as bad if not worse. The M.O. on cyber-stalkers is this. My cyber-stalker was very creepy and is doing time in prison now for other things not related to his stalking of me. He was a hacker that hacked into the wrong computers. But that's not what happened to me. In real life he was a friend of someone that knew me in high-school (over 15 years ago) and obtained many private details about me including where I work, my name, my age, and details about my marriage. He sent me e-mails and eventually hacked my computer. At the time I would chat on the MIRC networks and he hunted me down and pulled me into a private chatroom and threatened me. He requested sex from me and when I refused him saying I didn't do cyber-sex he said no he wanted me in real life and endangered me and my family by telling me in that chatroom who I was, where I worked, my e-mail address, my real address, and where my step-children attended school. He told me I would give it up to him or I would live in fear that he could at anytime hurt my family.

Shortly thereafter he was arrested for hacking into business computers, creating and releasing viruses, and theft. I was informed of this via the police that found a a file about me on his computer. I wasn't the only one he was doing this to either. It's scary but it happens. Crystal

Thank god the creep was arrested before he could make good on his threats, Crystal. I'm glad you're okay.