Sign in to follow this  
RikerChick

Explain Your Screen Name

I had thought that I already responded tp this thread but I don't see my post..So I'll say again...Spacetigger....I've always loved space movies and the character tigger..So..Spacetigger.. :o

Lt. Van Roy was my chat name on startrek.com. It's also a sim character I play.

Yes, I am aware of the irony of calling myself "Lt. Van Roy" when my rank here is Lt. Cmdr. And yes I'm aware that eventually I'll be promoted in my sim forum. No need pointing it out.

Edited by lt_van_roy

I call myself HANGON because its like a klingon except

when you hangon to something you have a better grip,and

because it was my fav arcade game back in the 80's.

P.S THERE IS ALSO ANOTHER REASON FOR MY NAME BUT IT WOULD

NOT BE PROPER TO PUT IT ON THE BOARDS!!!!!!!! :cloud9:

I use Klingonmike because Like the Klingons, I was a warrior for the Army and I love the whole Klingon culture and of course my first name is Mike

the name "Jim Phaserman" has a story behind it. a few years ago, back before I joined the Navy, My brother (Gary) and I were searching the net, and we found Startrek.com, and the chatrooms therein. this was when there were 4 chatrooms. he went in with the screen name "phaserman" and that's how THAT got started. eventually, when I started going in there to, I added a J to it. when we started simming in the holosuite, he became CptGphase (since screennames were limited to 9 letters) and I became AdmJphase. since then, any time we go into a star trek themed chatroom or message board, we use the Phaserman Family name. I've actually considered getting a copyright on it. eventually, when my wife and Gary's wife, and our little brother started chatting, we allowed them to use the name Phaserman. for those wondering, there are 5 people who are allowed to use the Phaserman name: Me (Jim), Gary, Tom, Krissy and Julie. one big happy, Direct Energy Family.

This topic's really interesting. Thanks for bumping it up, "UhuraRiker". :clap:

Mine's not all that interesting. A while back (at least 5 yrs ago) I loved playing Need For Speed on my comp, and whenever you raced the computer, the characters' names would show up at the bottom. One of them was "Ace", and I liked the name. Plus I love playing cards, and my favorite card is the ace. I put it with "2529" (my name in a certain type of numbers; 20 points to someone who can figure that out. :) ) and have been Ace2529 in email, chats, and boards ever since. For this board, I got tired of the numbers, so I shortened it back.

There, now I've given all your brains another piece of useless info to hold. :)

This topic's really interesting. Thanks for bumping it up, "UhuraRiker".  :clap:

UhuraRiker, boy that seems like a long time ago. I should make an Uhura avatar. happy.gif

My screen name is kinda simple:

Powreal, my "Pow"er is "real". Also Powreal sounds like Powell in General Powell.

Powreal

This topic's really interesting. Thanks for bumping it up, "UhuraRiker".  :clap:

UhuraRiker, boy that seems like a long time ago. I should make an Uhura avatar. happy.gif

Lol. I remember that. Wow. We've been on this site a long time RC! Lol.

We're old fogies in the world of STF. :)

Stardate:21487.8

Well mine is pretty simple really. "Goose" is my nickname in the real world so it only makes sense thats Goose is what it should be here.

Lol. That we are. That we are.

Click for Spoiler:

It's a good thing we are still young in real life, eh? Lol. :(

Guest Mike_Hines01

Not much to tell about mine, it's my real name, and because I like Enterprise and the NX-01 so much I just stuck 01 on the end of my name.

Lol. That we are. That we are.

Click for Spoiler:

It's a good thing we are still young in real life, eh? Lol. :(

Young, rich, beautiful....ok maybe not rich, but hey, we're young and beautiful. :)

on www.startrek.com my name is ensign_ro_your_boat. but here.. not that they make you register to use the chat and because my name couldnt fit into the allowed space.. i just kinda trimmed it.

the story behind my sn....

is twisted..

me and my friends were goofing off during class.... our substitute teacher..got mad..and told us to keep straight faces throught the rest of the class.. we all did (BOOYAH in ur face mr. I WEAR A TUPEE) so he askes me a question and i wasnt paying attention (surprise surprise)... so naturally i say in the me-way..

"huh?"

he says

"You are quite stupid then, for you to say that. It's a sign of stupidity" in a cool voice

me:

"What are you a psyciratrist or something" (class cracks up)

he looks at me funny

ME in a vulcan voice

"Logic dictates that when one anylyzes words to define's another personality. It defines you are a twisted psyciatrist' some how i kept my face striaght the whole time... (class goes into peals of laughter)

after that... he never subbed again...

so i put the two and two together..,. and wa la an sn...

and i apoligize if I insulted psyciatrists with my story....

there is another that made use the sn..... but i dont to share cuz there are serious issues..and may cause people to hate me...so no...

Well Seven Of Nine is one of my fav characters and my goal is to look like her in next life...its a Karma thing....and V is my first intial and the peace symbol..... :clap:

My screen name comes from the movie "Monty Python's 'Life of Brian' ", in the scene where they discuss Roman "joke" names. It's easy for me to remember, and I can use it on other sites. BTW, I don't use the character's last name.

Well, basically, I needed a new aim sn. And, being me, it just had to be star trek related. At first it was suppost to mean an Assimilator of the Borg, sort of as an oxymoron. Then I realized that the first thing it comes out to be is a borg who does a lot of assimilation. Well, the borg are cool, so i eventually "adapted" this.

We are the borg

You will be assimilated

Resistance is futile

Ok well, I guess my name could be very confusing. It comes from a TOS episode. I can't think of the name of it right now but it's the one with that weird guy "Landrew" in it. Everybody is walking around in a wee bit of a daze and when the crew beams down everyone asks them if they've traveled to the planet to attend the "red hour". Without going into detail, when the red hour comes all the young people go crazy and run around screaming "festival, festival". For some reason that scene stuck with my best friend and I through the years. Hence, my name ..."FestivalFreak".

This was my sn on st.com, and i though why not use it here?

But it comes from a time when i was reading a bunch of books on trek, and i decided i wanted to be in charge, or something, i dont know, i cant really remember.....

this is my name! Deal with it!

My real names wally :o

well spot is the name of datas beloved cat, and well my hubby kinda put kitten on the end for me, bless him!!

it also took us ages to find a picture of spot anywhere lol

Jack Bauer from 24 is one of my personal heroes and so I chose to use his name as my screen name. At Startrek.com I was lt_cmdr_LaForge but I chose to drop that. I'm not entirely sure why.

Oh, and my name is actually Alex.

If you'll care to remember.... T'mir is T'pol's grandmother, from the Enterprise episode "Carbon Creek." She looks just like T'pol, B) blah, blah, blah... I guess I really like the fact that she gave the humans velcro!!! lol. I too, chose this sn so as to be different from my 4 year running :borg2: st.com sn... if you know me you know who I was. See you on the other side... :o

Ok, Ok fine! you may know me as Vulcanchick, from st.com! :o