Sign in to follow this  
VaBeachGuy

Section 31 On Star Trek Enterprise?

Should Section 31 be on Star Trek Enterprise?  

100 members have voted

1. 1. Should Section 31 be on Star Trek Enterprise?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe
    • What's Section 31?

Section 31 was part of the original Starfleet charter even we don't learn about it until DS9. That doesn't mean they haven't shown up from time to time in other places.

They could have started out as a "good" thing and only turned bad in later years.

Like the Borg on Enterprise I say sure, why not. But only if the story is written well and it isn't just a rip-off of old ideas.

I voted YES! I'm betting that it will allready exist or will be formed after the Borg encounter in 2 weeks, or some disastrous event in ENT. They'll start off as good guys, and maybe we can see the "beginning" of them becoming that "dark section" of the Starfleet. ;)

I'm with you VBG.

I noticed 2 votes for What is Section 31 so here is the briefest explanation I can think of:

Section 31 is a secret division of Starfleet Intelligence that eliminates dangers to the Federation without answering to anyone.

I voted yes,I would not be surprised if an agent for Section 31 is already a crewman on Enterprise,taking notes and sending info on possible dangerous aliens back to earth.

For those that dont' know what Section 31 is, watch DS9 Episode "Inquisition".

If you dont' have easy access to the episode here's the Synopsis from ST.COM, I'll put in a Spoiler box for those that may not wish to read it:

Click For Spoiler

I dont know what Section 31 is, but they should add it because it gives us mystery... but can't Section 31 just be Daniels (TCW Character) High Tech Room?

I'm with you VBG.

I noticed 2 votes for What is Section 31 so here is the briefest explanation I can think of:

Section 31 is a secret division of Starfleet Intelligence that eliminates dangers to the Federation without answering to anyone.

It seems that this is very mysterious 'Section.' As being an ONLY Voyager Fanatic, it seems that they had a mysterious episode but not with parallel traits. Omega Device compelled my thoughts to knowing what it is, this is compelling me to know what it is.

Having Section 31 on Enterprise would definitely be nice. Especially if we can see them start as a positive group, and then watch them slowly turn dark, as circumstances justify.

Because there are a few episodes of TOS that could be speculated Section 31 was really the one giving orders and not Starfleet, I vote yes.

Because there are a few episodes of TOS that could be speculated Section 31 was really the one giving orders and not Starfleet, I vote yes.

Which episodes of TOS? Like The Enterprise Incident?

Which episodes of TOS? Like The Enterprise Incident?

That was the #1 episode I had in mind. Do you agree or is there something I am not taking into account about it?

I agree, I hadn't considered that before but an argument could be made for it. I don't think TOS writers/producers had any concept of Section 31 back then but Section 31 could be said to have been pulling the strings there for sure. That's how secret Section 31 really is.

Click For Spoiler

I voted yes,I would not be surprised if an agent for Section 31 is already a crewman on Enterprise,taking notes and sending info on possible dangerous aliens back to earth.
Having Section 31 on Enterprise would definitely be nice.  Especially if we can see them start as a positive group, and then watch them slowly turn dark, as circumstances justify.

Ditto!

Stardate:213482.8

I voted yes and i imagine with the Temporal Cold War I imagine they would be very interested in Enterprise.Especially that sealed off room with Daniels stuff.

I voted yes it would give a good plot twist but one question was section 31 in the starfleet charter or the federation? If was in the federation it would not be in exsents yet.

For once i'm actually going to say yes to having a past mentioned thing on Enterprise. Section 31 were dark and original and under-developed on DS9. I think their potential for growth on Ent is great.

I think Section 31 should be on Enterprise.

I agree with VBG; it probably exists in their time but we have not heard anything bad about it yet.

Section 31 was a nice addition to the Star Trek world...

To show us the parrallels with our worlds now.. that some things are happening that may be not controlled by the ppl we would like...

So, it could be interesting to see that aspect again

I figure that if they show up, Season 3 would be the place for them. Like the military personell that Archer requested could end up being the beginnings of Section 31, then when the Federation is established, the idea sticks around.

Sure,why not?I for one,never saw Section 31 as "bad guys".They have to be ruthless to defend the Federation from enemies,other Federation defensive agencies may not be aware of,or may be opposed to confronting these enemies,using any means available to neutralize them.

I liked Sloane and thought poisoning the Founders was a great idea.

Yeah,I'd love them to be on Enterprise.But the story(ies) must be done well,or not at all.

Sure,why not?I for one,never saw Section 31 as "bad guys".They have to be ruthless to defend the Federation from enemies,other Federation defensive agencies may not be aware of,or may be opposed to confronting these enemies,using any means available to neutralize them.

I liked Sloane and thought poisoning the Founders was a great idea.

Yeah,I'd love them to be on Enterprise.But the story(ies) must be done well,or not at all.

Yeah and the story would have to be done in such a way that general knowledge of their existance is not widespread.

Note: If you voted in this poll back in April but have changed your mind about the possibility of Section 31let me know and if I need to I can make the poll over again.

I think Section 31 should definetly be on Enterprise but only the audience knows of their exsistince. To the characters it's just one big mystery.

Yeah,they could do that.Have Section 31 appear on Enterprise,I mean.But it would have to be approached from the right angle,storywise,since I don't think Section 31 was totally corrupt yet in that time period.This is all just speculation,on my part,though.

I would like to see it, but as long as it wasn't over done. I do agree that things like the first Borg inncident and Daniels' technology would likly have something to do with it.

YES, WHY NOT IT WOULD BE A COOL THING, YOU'VE ALWAYS GOTTA HAVE THE ONES WHO ARENT AFRAID TO DO WHATS NECESSARY TO ENSURE YOUR SURVIVAL. WE ALL HAVE PEOPLE LIKE THAT, AND WETHER WE WANT TO ADMIT IT OR NOT, WE NEED THEM.