Sign in to follow this  
Rivendells_king

why is everyone here so happy?

Ok I come here everyday and everyone is so happy while I am so depressed and want to eat a freeken gallon of ice cream in 5 mins. Why are you people so happy for?? tell me why? I come here and everyone is talking about how nice their life is and after that they ramble on about chesse cake. Ugh man I wish I was happy.

We're all happy because we already ate the ice cream :hug:

Seriously. Where else can a bunch of geeks go (and I mean that as a high compliment, as one speaking of oneself) and be themselves?

Ok I come here everyday and everyone is so happy

Thanks! :hug:

I am so depressed and want to eat a freeken gallon of ice cream in 5 mins.

I'm sorry you're depressed, why don't ya watch a comedy! As for ice cream, yummy... but don't eat too much! :hug:

Why are you people so happy for??

I'm happy, becuase I'm just a happy person! God made me that way. :hug:

tell me why?

I just did. :hug:

I come here and everyone is talking about how nice their life is

And?

and after that they ramble on about chesse cake.

Oh man, I love cheese! :hug:

Ugh man I wish I was happy.

*hands Rivendells_king some cheese and the Bible*

Good luck! :hug:

I'm just a generally optimistic guy to begin with, but this place is very welcoming for the most part; everyone can just come here and be themselves.

RK, know that you're loved and accepted. Everyone has their bad days, but try not to let life get ya down; you seem like a great guy :hug: .

Because i am drowning my sorrow and pain in Ice cream and wall crashing

::runs into wall:: SEE I FEEL BETTER ALREADY :hug::hug:

I think we all have pressures and stresses on us that aren't always right on the surface. For me though, I use Star Trek as an escape. It's a make believe place that seems so possible yet so far away. The far away part is good because it's so far removed from our daily lifes problems that we can envelope our selves and just be totally swept away.

I think that carries over to the board to a degree. It's a place where you don't have to worry about what the next bill is, or what your grade on the term paper might be. It's just a place to relax and have a good time and hopefully enjoy other people's cyber company.

I think we all have pressures and stresses on us that aren't always right on the surface. For me though, I use Star Trek as an escape. It's a make believe place that seems so possible yet so far away. The far away part is good because it's so far removed from our daily lifes problems that we can envelope our selves and just be totally swept away.

I think that carries over to the board to a degree. It's a place where you don't have to worry about what the next bill is, or what your grade on the term paper might be. It's just a place to relax and have a good time and hopefully enjoy other people's cyber company.

What he said!!!!! :hug:

i love this site to b honest its like the one thing that makes me feel the greatest.. i love it i guess i owe u a big thanks VBG but anyways im not that happy.. just when i come on here i feel better :hug:

VBG plants subliminal happy messages into the board. Shhhhh, we're not supposed to know :hug:

This is just a great community. I've been on more message boards then I could count and none compare to STF. Good people, good admin, and of course Star Trek.

This site cheers me up. Sometimes if I feel really down I don't post, just read what others have to say about my favorite subject (Star Trek). That in itself can help me to cheer up. As RC said I to have been to many sites but this is the only one I have kept coming back to, there is a real sense of community here and for a time I can forget my troubles. :hug:

The reason people are happy here is because this is an excellent site.

Let's face it, we have more options here than any other site: flags, moods, glowing writing, smilies (including that awesome one in the fighter jet), shadows, self-created avatars and signatures, spoilers, links, and now, uploadable images. What else could you want?

Besides, this is a Trek site, so people tend to have a little more depth and intelligence than you may find on other sites, because Star Trek has always been a show with a little more intelligence and dignity than most other shows.

You see, Star Trek has not only given me, personally, an escape, but Trek gives me something else...hope. It's one of the few (if only) science fiction visions that show the future to be a better place to live in than the present. The 'Trek' version of the future is definately how I would want it to be like. It shows what can be done, if we want to do it.

That's why people are happy.

:tomcat:

Edited by William Stryker

That's about it. In real life people have problems. My mood has actually been melancholy for a while because I am dealing with a big problem right now. This is a site I go to for entertainment and diversion.

RK, why are you so depressed? Lot's of people here have problems and things that get them down during their daily life. Myself included..Like VBG said, I view Star Trek as an escape from the real world and problems and pressures of life..That's what I like about Star Trek so much..It is a wonderful escape..I view this site in a similar way..It's a great site..I like getting on here and reading and posting with my Trek friends..It helps me feel better.. :)

I feel for you and the whole hiding away thing is true.

I am clinically depressed and on prozac. I don't mind people Knowing either. I don't feel I should hide it as something to be ashamed of. I am deficient in a neuro-chemical, the prozac makes my brain restart producing it.

I'm not always happy. I try to be for others. In the end it is lying to myself more than anything.

If you aren't a happy soul talk about it with ppl you are close to. We will always try and help as well. But one of the most fundemental things you can do for yourself is to change one aspect of your life. Find something you like doing and do it. IT DOES WORK!!

I hope everyone who is feeling down the best, I know it sucks.

ur not alone rivendellsking!!!I suffer from depressia and i got therapy for it,the days that im happy are rare!! lemme tell u that :)

Well i do feel for ya bcuz i know what it is to be down.

If u wanna talk u can always PM!!!

:blink:

I think we are happy here. 'Here', being the important word. This is a nice, peaceful, usually friendly place. Where you can say things that are otherwise just going around and around in your head, making you crazy, or upset or unhappy. It's an outlet. We make friends here. Like minded people. It's better than the telephone, it's easier than going out into the real world. You can come here in your jammies and not be judged. It makes you laugh, which releases endorphins and improves your mental health. So in a manner of speaking, this is good for us. Plus it takes up alot of your time. Time you would just be alone and miserable. Now this is just my opinion, so don't kill me everyone. o.k.? :)

Guest Ktrek

First of all let me say to any and all that are depressed that there is help. For some medication may be the answer but for me I have learned to accept my circumstances no matter what I may be in. There is a difference between having joy and being happy. Happiness is dependent on circumstance but joy is not. I can have an inner joy knowing that my Creator has allowed circumstances into my life to change me. I may not be "happy" with the circumstances but I can accept them. When I do accept them then depression leaves and a sense of well being and peace replaces it. "The joy of the Lord is my strength"!

Ktrek

Edited by Ktrek

okay random Q what is quixotic? I can't be bothered to look it up at the moment.

quix·ot·ic ( P ) Pronunciation Key (kwk-stk) also quix·ot·i·cal (--kl)

adj.

Caught up in the romance of noble deeds and the pursuit of unreachable goals; idealistic without regard to practicality.

Capricious; impulsive: “At worst his scruples must have been quixotic, not malicious” (Louis Auchincloss).

I'm always happy even when I'm sad.

Dude me too. I am always in a good mood. Even if I am upset it lasts for 5 minutes max. Lol.

Why am I so happy?

Because I have a great life. Great friends, family, and an amazing girlfriend. I like to challenge myself so I go to the gym a lot and I am very good at school. I'm well known with a lot of friends, zero enemies, and I just plain love my life.

Ya I don't tend to hold grudges very long, and my bad moods can last for a long time but I can be happy at the same time and Happy tends to overshoot it. I think I have just differant levels of happy.

I just debate things and it makes me happier so I'm cool. Working on that girlfriend stituation though Bysty, think I might ask this cute girl out :)

Working on that girlfriend stituation though Bysty, think I might ask this cute girl out :)

Ooooooh. I wish you luck with that.

And yeah my mood goes from happy to super uber happy. No less. Lol.

Maybe there is SOMETHING very wrong here, OOWWWEEEOOOO!!! :elephant: :) I know I'm having a really good time in here today. :clap::clap::clap: :( :) :elephant:

Rk. As you can see from reading the previous posts.Most people have there good days and bad days.We come here on both. On are good days we try to make those who are not having good days feel better.And on are bad days they make us feel better. That is why this is the best place to come.

Its really simple we care about each other here.We are each others extened family. :)