Sign in to follow this  
Guest Personal Jesus

Confessions

Guest Personal Jesus

I have a confession to make...

I created the account "Personal Jesus" for a Psychology thesis that I completed last week. I created a similar account on three other message board communities. My thesis was on the topic "Personal Beliefs On Religion Regarding Communities On The Internet." My avatars and signature pictures and text were all apart of this experiment.

I apologize for any hurt feelings and problems that I might have caused.

I am putting in a requisition for VaBeachGuy to eliminate the account.

Once again all apologies. For this experiment to work, no one could know the agenda of the experiment.

Thank you.

Wow, we're a science project. :assimilated:

Edited by Indy

Actually I have been a part of you for a long time. I funtion under the name "shadowfigment." I have no real need for the other account now that the paper has been completed.

i wasnt offended, you should stay with us. if you go i know we'll miss you. if you want just make another account. not like your banned from the site! :)

I think a lot of people are misunderstanding. Personal Jesus was just an account for shadowfigment to use for his research. He isn't actually going away, he will just go back to using his real screen name.

Wow we were test subjects. cool

hope your thesis turns out well.

Stardate:214221.7

LOL I always knew I would be a gunnie pig in some science experiment some day :)

So what was your thesis and what did you conclude from your experiement?

Believe it or not, that was actually one of the first thoughts that occurred to me when I read your "Problems" post.

No, really,,, it was. :nono:

Glad we could be of service. I wouldn't mind reading what you came up with. :)

Ok the account has been removed as requested, all of the posts made still remain but will show up as being posted by an unregistered member.

The paper was pretty lengthy. I used two other sites, besides this one.

I found out (from the other two sites, which shall remain nameless) that more people were offeneded with the negative images (devils, pentagram, upside down anhks, etc...) than with more positive images (crosses, jesus figures, etc.). Almost no one was offended by the name Personal Jesus, and almost everyone was offeneded by the signature text (which varied, I used Depeche Mode's "Personal Jesus" on this site, and I used XTC's "Dear God" on the others).

Due to the length of the paper I probably will not post it. But it was a very interesting experiment, and I hope that I do not have to do another like it.

Once again, let me apologize for anyone I might have upset with the account Personal Jesus.

:)

Edited by shadowfigment

The paper was pretty lengthy.  I used two other sites, besides this one.

I found out (from the other two sites, which shall remain nameless) that more people were offeneded with the negative images (devils, pentagram, upside down anhks, etc...) than with more positive images (crosses, jesus figures, etc.).  Almost no one was offended by the name Personal Jesus, and almost everyone was offeneded by the signature text (which varied, I used Depeche Mode's "Personal Jesus" on this site, and I used XTC's "Dear God" on the others).

Due to the length of the paper I probably will not post it.  But it was a very interesting experiment, and I hope that I do not have to do another like it.

Once again, let me apologize for anyone I might have upset with the account Personal Jesus.

:)

Could you email it to me? I love reading stuff like that!

As Spock would probably say, "Facinating". No harm done, no offense taken. :)

How did you know people were offended?  It is possible that people were offended but didn't say anything.

In my report, I only noted the direct messages that I recieved on people being offended.

How did you know people were offended?  It is possible that people were offended but didn't say anything.

I can tell you that two of the ways he knew people were offended were based on responses to his poll (it was moved to the personal logs poll forum) and an exchange of PMs with various mods (myself included) who were reacting after hearing from a few members.

I thought it was funny that in a previous topic ("Hello" ) started by Peronal Jesus, you

(Shadowfigment) actually replied to your own posting. Amusing, but I suppose you were just trying to bump it?

I thought it was funny that in a previous topic ("Hello" ) started by Peronal Jesus, you

(Shadowfigment) actually replied to your own posting.  Amusing, but I suppose you were just trying to bump it?

Actually I did this to try and cover the fact that "shadowfigment" and "Personal Jesus" could not be logged in at the same time, (since I only have one internet computer at my access).