Favorite Type Of Writing  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Favorite Type Of Writing

• Long Stories
    • Short Stories
    • Poetry
    • Poetry (Slam Poetry)
    • Other (Please Specify Below)

Yea, slammin is fun. So you finally started the Thread, good for you. Maybe we can find some other writers on here :assimilated: :wub: :lol: <_<

I am afraid my education has made me a better analytical writer than a creative writer. I would say I prefer short stories - I have written an occasional poem. Please check out my fanfic and tell me what you think. I didn't get much feedback on it.

It depends on how many ideas I have, but I usually like to write long stories, though I've started to like the shorter ones, too. :assimilated:

Mrs. Captain Picard

First, what is "slam poetry"?

Second, I prefer writing poetry, although I have not written in about 20 years. Not enough "angst" lately. :unsure:

I have always preferred the structural aspect of poetry.

I used to love writing short stories (actually, they were more like children's books) for my children when they were small. The Adventures of Farmer Brown Bear. I haven't written anything like that in years though.

Some how I allowed other things to get into the way. Perhaps I should put Farmer Brown Bear in space! lol :unsure:

Prose. I like like novels. Long fiction. I've never been a big fan of short stories or even short novels. Even John Steinbeck (one of my favourite authors) really turned me off with 'Of Mice and Men'. It had great character development, a good story, but THE WORLD'S WORST ENDING! :unsure:

I like a good book but I always read one cover to cover without a pause, so I read more short stories. That's my longwinded way of saying short stories.

So where do you go Slammin? ShadowFigment? Ever gone on Public Radio? The have a great call-in Poetry Slam on Saturday nights. :unsure:

Sorry, Slam Poetry is awesome, but I don't write in that style. I leave that one to my favorite slam poet: Saul Williams.

This is my style of poetry...

I had the following poem published in 1997, enjoy.

Inspriations

My point of inspiration gone.

Melted like snow,

In the presence of a warming sun.

I shall follow her no more,

Thy will is done.

As the sun sets it's final time,

I shall say goodbye

And leave with it,

Never to be seen again,

In the same light.

Wayne T. Royal

I am afraid my education has made me a better analytical writer than a creative writer.  I would say I prefer short stories - I have written an occasional poem.  Please check out my fanfic and tell me what you think.  I didn't get much feedback on it.

TUH, if you would like please feel free to put some fanfic here. I would love to read some.

:P