Sign in to follow this  
Theunicornhunter

What is your personal Mission Statement

If you've ever read The Seven Habits of Highly Effective People you are familiar with the concept of a personal mission statement. It's a very interesting book and a chance to evaluate your life course so to speak.

I think about it also in terms of the many discussions we have here. Particularly when we discuss whether something is "right" or "wrong' etc I believe it ultimately depends on what your goals are - what you see as the purpose to life. Not everyone has the same individual goal, on a larger scale not everyone wants the same for society. In extreme cases (Al Qaeda example) people try to force their goals on everyone.

More democratic societies try to accomodate the goals of all individuals. Although I have cynically come to look at elections as merely a choice of which group will impose it's views on the others for the duration of the next term.

However, back on topic. Do you have a personal mission statement or any thoughts you would like to share.

My mission in life is to be happy and make others happy as well. treat everyone with kindness and respect. and enjoy everything life has to offer.

I don't really have a "mission statement" for my life... I think that life should be an adventure, and it should be all about finding out what our mission is.

My mission in life is to be happy and make others happy as well. treat everyone with kindness and respect. and enjoy everything life has to offer.

Same here.

Accept other people for who and what they are recognizing that they have arrived at that point by living a set of lifetime experiences that I will never experience and therefore have no ability to understand, nor do I have the right to pass judgment.

i do not believe i have much of a purpose in life.. so i turned to my friends.. not much of an answer there more oh feel better stuff.. then i turned to religion and it said have as many kids as possible so i believe i dont have a purpose.. hmm mayb i should die...

My mission statement? I haven't really given it much thought. but I can come up with one on the fly. and note: this won't surprise anyone.

EJP's Mission Statement:

My mission, which I do choose to accept, is to be the best father, and husband, I can be, first and foremost. Secondly, I will stay true to do my duty for my country, in war and peace.

and yes, I did order those correctly.

My mission statement is to PAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRTAAAAY!

and get your bike back.

LOL

My mission statement is to not be in such a hurry all the time, slow down

abit...that one or two car lengths really doesn't matter much in the long run.

Click for Spoiler:

In a hundred years whose gonna care?

My mission statement is to be the best Christian, wife and mother I know how to be. To always be true to myself even when some people don't like it and to laugh till it hurts.

Stardate:2142002.8

Mission Statement...uhhhh.lets see here.Ill say to get through life as best i can and to have fun doing it

My mission in Life is to assimilate... and add to our perfection...

sorry my perfection...

be nice, if your nice to others than your life will be happier and if there is a god than he cant send you to hell. (if hes a nice god anyway) :)

Be good to others, try and creat a happy positive environment for yourself and others and allow somethings to just be

Try to understand others rather than try to make others understand me. ( St. Thomas of Assisi). To leave things better than I found them. Try not to hurt anyone either physically or mentally. To love the animals and protect them, for they have no voice. Always to protect those who can't protect themselves. Never add to another persons grief. Lend a hand to someone who is in need.

My "Mission Statement" is to love my family and friends. I also to strive to do the right thing, because when I do the right thing, the right thing happens. :)