Sign in to follow this  
VaBeachGuy

Personalized Banners

Have you checked the format of your banner? I don't know what program you used to make it but make sure it is saved in a format that the board can upload such as jpeg.

I created it in Photoshop then converted it to Jpeg format to decrease the size of the file. I don't understand why my computer crashes every time i try to attach it to a message or PM.

Have you checked the format of your banner? I don't know what program you used to make it but make sure it is saved in a format that the board can upload such as jpeg.

I created it in Photoshop then converted it to Jpeg format to decrease the size of the file. I don't understand why my computer crashes every time i try to attach it to a message or PM.

283630[/snapback]

I have photoshop too. If you want, you could email the .psd file and I'll save it as a jpg and upload it into your post. My email address is takara_soong@startrekfans.net

:assimilated: I just want to personnally thank Takara Soong for making my banner.

She done such a wonderful job!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now all I have to do is figure out a way to show everybody.

:assimilated: I just want to  personnally thank Takara Soong for making my banner.

She done such a wonderful job!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now all I have to do is figure out a way to show everybody.

283831[/snapback]

You're welcome and I'll help.

I have photoshop too. If you want, you could email the .psd file and I'll save it as a jpg and upload it into your post. My email address is takara_soong@startrekfans.net

Ok, I sent the email today so you should have got it now

You're welcome and I'll help.

post-102-1101532055_thumb.jpg

283896[/snapback]

:thumbup:  Pretty cool banner, what do you all think?  :thumbup:

283938[/snapback]

It |ooks great! :laugh:

post-812-1096014361.jpgpost-812-1095586641.gif

Edited by DrWho42

At the time that I did it I hadn't looked it that closely and had assumed it was Kirk's but it was Uhura's. Thanks for noticing that. Here's a corrected version:

Ok, I sent the email today so you should have got it now

283919[/snapback]

I got your email and here is the banner as a jpg file. Looks good.

All the banners here are great!

PS.: VBG, is my banner in the rotation? I have missed to see it...

:frusty:

Here is A Captain Proton from Planet X Merry Christmas Banner

281389[/snapback]

- - - -

Is there a "Banners for Dummies" page, that talks you through making one??

I'm really impressed with what I've seen people create, but haven't found where it tells you how to do it. It's probably right in front of me. It needs to be quick and easy , or I probably won't be able to handle it *time-wise*.

Probably won't get to it until tomorrow, anyway. So if anyone knows of a step by step *tutorial*; I'd be interested! :nono:

Congratulations to all who have made one! I looked through the holiday one and they're great !:nono:

Heron

Edited by Heron

Is there a "Banners for Dummies" page, that talks you through making one??

I'm really impressed with what I've seen people create, but haven't found where it tells you how to do it. It's probably right in front of me. It needs to be quick and easy , or I probably won't be able to handle it *time-wise*.

Probably won't get to it until tomorrow, anyway. So if anyone knows of a step by step *tutorial*; I'd be interested! :nono:

Heron

285009[/snapback]

First thing is to read this: Requirements

Let us know what software you will be using to make your banner and I'm sure someone will be able to help you out.

Let us know what software you will be using to make your banner and I'm sure someone will be able to help you out.

- - - - -

Thanks! B) It will probably be photosuite II as I don't have photoshop.

Probably won't get to it until the weekend or next week ; but it looks like fun .

The link helped! B)

Heron

Well, I MIGHT have made one..... I think.....

It's attached ; but I couldn't get it to add my name. Is it ok? B)

Heron

post-1543-1102065506_thumb.jpg

Well, I MIGHT have made one..... I think.....

It's attached ; but I couldn't get it to add my name.  Is it ok? :naughty:

Heron

285942[/snapback]

:drool: Cool !

Thanks JGG :drool:

I've never done anything like that . It's a new toy :nono:

The pics ARE pretty small compared with everyone elses... ; oh well...lol.

That does make it *different* though. :naughty:

Thanks for the response! :flex:

Heron

Looks great Heron but to be personalized it's got to have at least your name on it. Let me know if you need help adding it on.

Looks great Heron but to be personalized it's got to have at least your name on it. Let me know if you need help adding it on.

286537[/snapback]

- - - -

Thanks, Riker C:)

I did manage to add it to a subsequent one but, strangely, there is lettering shadowed below and it went through the banner...lol I'll see if I can attach it below. Maybe you can tell what I have done wrong to cause it. I kind of like the antiqued effect... but it goes into the banner lettering.

I appreciate your assistance :rolleyes:

Heron

post-1543-1102205678_thumb.jpg

Whoops..the first one, where my name went on, disappeared. This is the second one that I worked on. The name came out ok on it; it's a really simple one :rolleyes:

Heron

post-1543-1102205947_thumb.jpg

Does anyone know how often they're updated? I still haven't seen mine in the rotation.

286797[/snapback]

I haven't seen mine either.... :laugh:

:laugh:

I haven't seen mine either.... :laugh:

--- - - -

Life has a way of slowing us down on some things while other things are magnified in our lives... he probably lacks that universal stinker with the two edged results-

TIME :laugh:

Heron

VBG is the only one who can add them and he just recently suffered a death in the family. They'll all be up soon.

VBG is the only one who can add them and he just recently suffered a death in the family. They'll all be up soon.

287107[/snapback]

Oh, I'm sorry to hear that. Obviously, ignore my banner statement. It'll get up there when it gets up there. Not important.