Sign in to follow this  
Theunicornhunter

Starfleet or Civilian

If you were somehow transported to the ST future do you think you'd want to be Starfleet or Civilian? For that matter do we ever see much about Civilian ships? We know they have to have them for research and exploration. Although now that I think of it even the aliens in ST are usually some sort of official ship from their planet rather than scientists or explorers.

So would you want to serve on a Star Fleet or civilian vessel?

I would really rather be a civilian researcher or explorer - I'd rather be on a ship rather than a colony though. Although I wouldn't mind being a regular at some little outpost in the far corner of the galaxy.

I would definately be in Starfleet. I'd probably aim for something in Command. If however, the future was as dangerous as the show depicts it, I'd probably stay away from star ships and Starfleet. I wouldn't want to narrowly avert danger by 5 seconds every week... that's just too much for any REAL person. It's all fun on the show but in real life that would be hell. So the future would have to be at least realistic.

I'm not sure to be honest. I know Starfleet is very different from the armed forces of today but I'm still not sure if I'm cut out to be in that structured of an organization.

I would love to have my own starship to run around the universe in - visiting different planets and exploring.

That's a tough one..If I could have my own ship to explore the galaxy then I would say civilian..Sure I would like to say Starfleet. But I'm just not sure I would do good in a military organization like Starfleet is..

Starfleet isn't exactly a military. it's more coast gaurd like. while for me, it might be a wierd transition from full out Military to "Diet Military, Fortified With Vitamins S, C, I, E, N, C, and E"

I would join Starfleet, although I've no interrest in being a soldier (I wouldn't want to kill anyone unless defending my ship), so I'd probably want to be assigned to a small science ship or a large explorrer.

Edited by Captain Jean-Luc Picard

Starfleet isn't exactly a military. it's more coast gaurd like. while for me, it might be a wierd transition from full out Military to "Diet Military, Fortified With Vitamins S, C, I, E, N, C, and E"

I know Starfleet isn't a purely military organization..It has other functions as well..I could be in Starfleet and serve on a science or exploratory vessel like CJLP suggests..I wouldn't do well in combat situations though..That's why I said I would rather be a civilian with my own ship exploring the galaxy..Wouldn't that be awesome?

I understand totally, CJLP and Spacetigger. Like you guys would probably want to be assigned to a science vessel or explorer, I would prefere to be assigned a ship like the Defiant or the Prometheus.

I know Starfleet isn't a purely military organization..It has other functions as well..I could be in Starfleet and serve on a science or exploratory vessel like CJLP suggests..I wouldn't do well in combat situations though..That's why I said I would rather be a civilian with my own ship exploring the galaxy..Wouldn't that be awesome?

I guess really even civilian vessels would need some tactical resources and face possible danger.

I honestly can't stand science, so that narrows it down a bit. :)

First choice: Captain in Starfleet of a ship meant for exploration and/or defense.

Second choice: Commander of my own ship (fast, armed-to-the-teeth, etc) with as many or as few people on-board as I wish.

:)

Stardate:214208.9

I would like to be in starfleet but given a choice i think i would rather serve on a station that on a starship.I dont know why.

I couldn't take wearing the silly uniforms so I don't think I could cope with Starfleet of the TOS or TNG era (or anything after). Ent would be fine - I especially like the blue undies, though I can't find any. I think I'd like to be a Decon Chamber Technician. :huh:

Some branch of Starfleet.

I would like however to SEE what civilian life is like, that is another thing I hope ENT finds some time to show us in more detail.

Most likey Star Fleet

But i would want to be in the Diplomatic core so i could be in an Ambassador

I would have my own ship and become a pirate. There I could wear an eye-patch and a wooden leg... and declare "Shiver me timbers!" every 3 seconds.

Aye, cap'n. And I'd be walking around with a cybernetic parrot to help me communicate instead of the universal translator. I think the pirate life might just suit me better. I can see Starfleet having a lot of ridiculous rules about appearance that I just couldn't stick for more than a few months. They all seem so uptight, pulling on uniforms and keeping their hair nice and short - they all look like a bunch of sissy schoolboys (and girls) in the TNG era.

Starfleet for me with my own ship USS HANG NCC 1234-A hehe

Edited by hangon

I can see Starfleet having a lot of ridiculous rules about appearance that I just couldn't stick for more than a few months.  They all seem so uptight, pulling on uniforms and keeping their hair nice and short - they all look like a bunch of sissy schoolboys (and girls) in the TNG era.

Exactly! I wanna be able to wear my 5-inch heeled boots and dye my hair in various funky colors! w00t!

My choice is definitely Star Fleet, I would probably try to work my way up the ranks. Captain Stelfan.. that has a nice ring to it :assimilated: