Sign in to follow this  
Jeanway

Interracial Relationships On A Starship

the girl Geordi wanted in TNG, Leah Brahms, was white. I thought they made a very cute couple. but i would not set something up just to make it interracial.

I don't think it's an issue. People are people, race is irrelevant.

I HAVE ABSOLUTELY NO PROBLEM WITH IT. AS A MATTER OF FACT SOME OF THE MOST BEAUTIFUL PEOPLE I HAVE EVER KNOWN WERE THE ISSUES OF SUCH RELATIONSHIPS. IT'S JUST TOO BAD SOCIETY IS SO WOEFULLY LAGGING BEHIND IN ACCEPTANCE OF SUCH UNIONS.

Work and Troi had a relationship, I didn't even notice that and same with him and Jadzia.

I agree with you there Nemesis. When looking at all the series, we have seen characters who are human/Vulcan, human/Klingon, human/Romulan, Romulan/Klingon to name just a few.

Some think race is just made up by Hitler..

Culture is different.....

I want to see what happens to Chakotay and Seven....

I would hope that by the 24th century this would become a non-issue. From personal experience my mother and step-father are different "races". It did create a lot of tension in the family until everyone got to actually know each other. I put "race" in quotations because I think it's a bogus term in this context unless this has suddenly become a KKK message board. I apologize to whomever my opinion offends. PM me if you have a problem with free speech. :clap:

Guest Ktrek

In an ideal society we would, I hope, want to be free of racial predjudices. As Indy said race should be a non issue but even in Star Trek it is not. Perhaps all the "human" races and nationalities finally got along but they transferred their old bent towards predjudice right into space. Kirk hated Klingons and Miles O'Brien hated Cardassians. Even many humans felt that no Ferengi could be trusted. Do they(the Ferengi) represent the modern day Jew because of their ability to make money?

Anyway, it is human nature to be suspicious of those not like ourselves and as much as I hate to admit it I, being white, feel uncomfortable being in a room full of people of color. Perhaps one reason is that the three violent crimes perpetrated on me in my life were all done by black men. I do not hold all black people accountable for how I have been mistreated but I have not found the opposite to be true in my life. It seems that just because I am white I owe a debt for something I, nore even my direct ancestors, had anything to do with. I wish it was otherwise but I think we have a long way to go and I don't think 300 years is long enough to get rid of all of our problems among humanity. Especially in view of the thousands of years that have taken place with very little progress.

Ktrek

Kako and O'Brien were an interracial couple.

Yep and if you get right down to it Bashir and Dax (Ezri) were also. SO was Riker and Troi.

Race shouldn't matter when it comes to love. It may complicate things but that's because of our society. If you limit yourself to one group or race then you just might miss out on meeting and falling in love with your soulmate. Just like if you limit your friends to only people of your own race you will miss out on some great friendships.

The colour of your skin should never get in the way of love,and if we

all keep inter-mixing then one day we will be all the same colour :waaaa:

The colour of your skin should never get in the way of love,and if we

all keep inter-mixing then one day we will be all the same colour :)

:waaaa::tear::tear: :)