Sign in to follow this  
Jeanway

How Do You Mend A Broken Heart?

ABSTINENCE FROM LOVE FOR AT LEAST A YEAR.

DON'T EVEN THINK ABOUT IT. SO YOU CAN HEAL.

Three words: chocolate chip cheesecake

Ok, seriously, I don't know. I married my first love and we're still together (and still very much in love). I've never had my heart broken. I'm very lucky.

Well I dont my heart has already broken and its wounds wont heal and the pain is just to real and there is just to much that time you can not erase.

Dumb story about a person I wanted to at least say voric I love you and go out with me.

Man I wish my parents got a divorice they fight like mad animals and never stop and they keep on fighting and fighting and they swear at each other and than they nag and nag and they never shut up. they hate each other and are only together because were to poor to afford to get a divorice and one of them dose not want to keep me because "im to social and hungry"

Well I dont my heart has already broken and its wounds wont heal and the pain is just to real and there is just to much that time you can not erase.

I don't mean to belittle your pain in the least, but, if your profile is correct,,,

You're not even 16! :laugh:

Almost nothing at that age is as important in the grand scheme of life as it seems at the time. You'll get over it before long. :rofl:

That's from a girlfriend/boyfriend aspect. For a parent/child aspect: I'm a child of divorce myself. It may take time, but trust me, those wounds will also heal.

As for Matt: Same goes to you too, bud. I know things may not seem all that great right now, but I know you'll get through it. :rofl:

Cure for a broken-heart? If it's truly broken, the love and encouragement of friends (even those on the net :laugh: ) and the realization that sorrow only lasts for a season definitely help, but I'd say God is the greatest mender of a wounded heart.

Wow, I'm impressed with Ace's wisdom at such a young age.

From my experience, the only cure for a broken heart is time. Or, if you're really lucky, finding somebody else right away.

As for Matt: Same goes to you too, bud. I know things may not seem all that great right now, but I know you'll get through it. :laugh:

Cure for a broken-heart? If it's truly broken, the love and encouragement of friends (even those on the net :rofl: ) and the realization that sorrow only lasts for a season definitely help, but I'd say God is the greatest mender of a wounded heart.

your thoughts are quite profound and i hope your right about the season as spring should be here in a few weeks, then summer. summers usually really good for me at least to a point that i love sunny warm days, and they usually make me feel better when my mood is moot.

and indy i did find somebody that i thought was the greatest thing since cars, and then she broke my heart even more, i now have decided to hate women. i wish. :laugh:

and indy i did find somebody that i thought was the greatest thing since cars, and then she broke my heart even more, i now have decided to hate women. i wish. :laugh:

That wasn't the kind of luck I was talking about. :laugh:

I know alot of you think I am off my rocker, and I am, but when I need to deal with what life throws at me (perticularly ex wives who don't know when to give up), I take time to enjoy the more explosive things in life...not directed at anyone of course, but simply going out into the woods and deconstructively releasing tension.....

This isnt the best way, and I wish I hadnt done it. When my ex wife left me, I went on a binge, and I stayed in bars, sleeping with anything (female) that walked. It didnt help matters any. But, now, I have a great woman in my life.

Before I met Julie, after my first marraige fell apart, I'd go into Seattle (when I was stationed in washington) and try and hook up with every good looking girl I could find. I still have some of the bruises from getting slapped.

Whenever I suffered a major blow it seems like I always ran into these evilly cheerful people who always went into these "well, at least your not going through what (insert name of person with terminal illness or catastrophic event) is going through. I always wanted to slap those people. Yeah, maybe I wasn't dying of cancer but I was still in pain. You have to recognize it, mourn for the appropriate time and move one. There is no magic cure - you can't just snap your fingers and the pain will be all gone. But the human spirit is resilient and time does eventually heal (you have to let it - if you hang on to anger it may not happen)

Distracting yourself always helps dull the pain, chocolate, a good movie etc but over the long term you need to find something that really interests you (talent, hobby, sport etc) and make it a part of your life. In other words you have to live for more than a relationship or risk always being in pain. Doing volunteer work or becoming involved in a cause is a good way to channel the energy.

Rivendell, coming from a messed up family can affect you but it doesn't have to - being aware of the possibility is the first step to overcoming it. And life really does get better after you survive the teen years.

Ok after reading all these posts I am sure im not going to get married

Listen to Jim...He's right about that....marriage can be wonderful.

Its divorce that bites....

You have to feel it inside...find your soul mate and someone you can

laugh with...know this person and for sure let them know you.

Falling in love is easy..staying in love takes effort and its worth it

if the feelings are deep, learn how to forgive yourself and her.

This is a time of disposable relationships,I believe a lot of people

don't try hard enough...not everyone...I know that there are some

things out of our control,...but the grass isn't always greener on the

other side...everyone has faults that show up eventually.... even that

awesome girl/guy at the drive-thru that flirts with you....there's alot

to be said for being comfortable and familar, I know that's not

enough but its a place to start to fix things....

I hope this didn't come off preachy...I'm only trying to help! :laugh:

and indy i did find somebody that i thought was the greatest thing since cars, and then she broke my heart even more, i now have decided to hate women. i wish. :naughty:

That wasn't the kind of luck I was talking about. :laugh:

AH-HA sarcasim i got ya now, its all good. or not. :lol:

Time heals all wounds is an old axiom but it is truth.

ARRRGGGG now I have that song of the thread title going through my head

Having a broken heart is like having someone you love die.

The pain never goes away as you get on with your life its just gets easier to deal with. then you meet someone with that special glue to mend it. and you go on. you never forget but you go on

I think healing a broken heart is like healing from any loss...........It takes time.......I also think when you have a good support system it is helpful and comforting. I think one needs to grieve, acknowledge that the relationship is over, and to stay away from trying to jump back into another relationship until you can look at what needs to be different this time on your part, and how to keep the same thing from happening again. Rebound relationships usually don't work. I think getting to know people and making new friends is fine, but true healing from a broken heart can not be done over night, without truly looking at ones self, and what needs to be different.