Sign in to follow this  
Falcon Redwing

Too many guns, not enough ammo

I just saw "The Cloud" today and found out that Voyager started off with only 38 photon torpedoes. I think they made this number far too small. Voyager also has too many torpedo launchers (4) relative to the size of the ship. I don't know if this number is right, but the Enterprise-D carried over 200 torpedoes! And the Enterprise only has six launchers. I find this unbalanced, but what do you think?

Also, I would appreciate if you could tell me a site where I can look at the statistics of all Federation starships. :)

U.S.S. Enterprise NCC-1701-D

This ship had a total of 3 photon torpedoe launchers. One at the lower-front of the interconnecting dorsal, a 2nd at the very back-middle of the joint-pylon section in the rear, and a 3rd concealed between the seperation planes for the saucer section which is only used when the saucer is seperated and on it's own.

U.S.S. Voyager NCC-74656

This ship has a total of 3 photon torpedoe launchers. A dual launcher at the rear of the saucer along with 1 on either side of the main deflector dish directly under the saucer section. Keep in mind that Voyager was much smaller than the Enterprise-D and was probably intended to stock up on weapons at starbases every so often.

OHHHHHHH..... dual launchers? Does that count? Sorry, I was just reacting on information I've collected from just watching the show. For the Enterprise-D, I got the info from the downloadable demo of Bridge Commander for the PC. When I looked at the status screen on the tactical display for the only Federation Starship you can be (Galaxy-class), I saw four dots at the front and two at the back. These dots represented torpedo tubes because they went green when they were loaded and red right when they were fired. Dual launchers are represented by two dots, I guess. I found that this demo was annoying though, because the Galaxy class only fires with the main phaser arcs on the saucer section, not any of the other ones on the pylons or the dorsal section. :)

I just saw "The Cloud" today and found out that Voyager started off with only 38 photon torpedoes. I think they made this number far too small. :)

Can Starships "replicate" torpedoes in an emergency?

I just saw "The Cloud" today and found out that Voyager started off with only 38 photon torpedoes. I think they made this number far too small. :)

Can Starships "replicate" torpedoes in an emergency?

They can probably figure out a way to replicate parts, and then make them. Probably hard to do and takes up energy and resources, which is probably why Voyager didn't make them sooner into the show. They were still trying to recover from the initial trip into the Delta Quadrant.

They probably also modified parts from other species who sold/traded them to Voyager.

I see, this next one is a MAJOR NIT-PIK but does anyone know (counted) if they shot more than 38 photons? :) I might buy the DVDs to do just that!

I see, this next one is a MAJOR NIT-PIK but does anyone know (counted) if they shot more than 38 photons? :) I might buy the DVDs to do just that!

Hmmm...Must check Voyager Companion...Who knows, they do keep track of shuttles! B)

From the Voyager Companion:

The Cloud:

It is stated that they have a torpedo complement of 38, they fire one, leaving them with 37.

Prototype:

Janeway tells Tuvok "load torpedo bays one through four" We do no, however know how many were actually fired.

Dreadnaught:

Voyager is equiped with type-6 photon torpedoes.

2 torpedoes were launched at Dreadnaught. (leaving 36 at my count)

Resoulutions:

A total of three torpeoes fired at the Viidians (33)

Basics pt 1:

Mimimum of 3 torpedoes fired (30)

Futures End pt 2

1 torpedo launced manually by Janeway (29)

Scorpion pt 2

(according to them)32 class 6 warheads (only three off!)

13 were armed with nanoprobed

4 or 5 of them were launched. (28 them/25 me)

The Omega Molecule:

1 torpedo used (27 them/24 me)

Night:

1 used as a flare (26 them/23 me)

In the Flesh:

Seven modifies 19 standard torpedoes (earlier in the series, it was said that they had class-6, which were NOT standard...This is where they stop paying so much attention to their details...)

3 class 10's were modified (never mentioned before!)

Thirty Days:

1 torpedo modified as a depth charge.(25 them/22 me)

Bliss:

Class of torpedos magically change to class-9!

Dark Frontier pt 1

1 torpedo beamed into Borg sphere (24 them/21 me)

Dark Frontier pt 2

A full spread was fired (don't know how many)

And it is now late, and I'm getting bored with this :)

This isn't quite accurate, as I didn't check all of the ones at the begining...

:) TrekkieMage, Thank you! I think there are four or five in a "Full Spread". ;-)

You're welcome :blink:

I could have sworn it was four...Oh well, my brain is too tired to think anymore tonight...Now if I can just stop hitting the 'view new posts' and actually go to bed... B)

Is it my imagination or did they use Photon Torpedoes in Nemesis instead of Quantum torpedoes?

I dunno....I'll have to re-watch it again :laugh:

Is it my imagination or did they use Photon Torpedoes in Nemesis instead of Quantum torpedoes?

They did use both quantum and photon, however, my guess is they ran out of quantums before Worf reports that the're out of photons and the phasers are allmost burnt out.

Yes I know for a fact that they shot more photon torpedos than they actually had. But 38 was not the majic #. I pretty sure it was more like 138. Are you sure you heard the show correctly?