Sign in to follow this  
TJ Phaserman

The Last 4 Star Trek Movies And Data....

Yes they did and...please don't kill me Takara....it annoyed me to no end. Enough Data already, there were other characters too who were short changed in the movies IMO.

I too would've liked more screen time for the other characters (I'd say Bev Crusher has been shafted the most), but tptb are just trying to copy the formula of the original movies. They had the Big 3 - Kirk, Spock, and McCoy.

With TNG, they've done the same with Picard, Data, and Riker (moreso Picard and Data), because they are generally considered the most popular characters.

Think of it this way, though; at least you wont have to worry about the real Data taking up any more screen time. <_<

*runs from Takara*

I will agree that the reason Picard and Data had major roles in the movies is because they are the two most popular characters from the series. All you have to do is look at the many polls that have been done here to see that.

As for RC and Ace, I won't hurt you...much!!! bwahahaha

Click for Spoiler:

just kidding...you hope!

Yes they are the most popular, but that shouldn't give them run of all the movies. It's part of the reason I'm so turned off by the TNG movies. Picard and Data have never been my favorite characters. Good, but not my favorites.

*offers Takara lots of chocolate.....and flowers....and jewels....* I love you Takara <_< *takes off running*

They were missing. <_< Many of them were also NOT included on the DVD SF disk, I wonder why not? Could it be because we would have had proof the editing of NEM was a chop-job? I think so.

The still missing scenes from Nemesis weren't on the DVD because Paramount is perhaps keeping them for bringing them onto the Special Edition of Nemesis... <_<

And, for the Data/Picard stories in the movies... I can't complain about too little screen time for my fave TNG character... :blink:

But I agree that the other characters had too little screen time. (But, please don't kill me :eek: , I don't mind at all... :look: )

Mrs. Captain Picard

In my opinion one of the biggest problems with Nemesis is that they cut out too many of the other characters scenes..Just where was everybody else?..I like Data, Picard and Riker but I missed the other characters..The other movies weren't like that even though they focused mainly on Picard and Data..

I felt that in the movies, Picard became almost like a father to Data, as opposed to his new best friend. Certainly, this relationship was never so present in the series. Data became, to Picard, a bit like Spock to Kirk. I think that that was needed in the movie to establish a sense of 'deep bonds'. The wise and the innocent so to speak. However, the strength that existed with other characters such as Worf and Riker were certainly diminished with this more over powering relationship. I always think, though, that it is the 'special' characters that get the attention. Certainly, if there were to be any future films, I would see Seven of Nine being a powerful screen prescence. But themn, that'll never happen because we know that Star Treks less infamous cousins from the big V won't have the notoriety or substance to hit the big screen.

I think that the writers could use the character of B 4 and to make him more similar to Data, but the real problem is that Brent is annoyed and therefore there is a so "bad" end in Nemesis.