Sign in to follow this  
VaBeachGuy

Unusual Foods

What unusual mixtures of foods do you like?

One of my all time favorite sandwiches is Cream Cheese spread on bread with olives (The olives are sliced). That is the best thing in the world next to Pizza.

Wow, you know what I don't think I do anything weird. I like my fun either spicy or bland, I hate 90% of sauces and so on so I don't know. I probably have many of them but they all seem normal to me :roflmao:

Guest Ktrek

I'm one of these people who are VERY picky about my food. I hate mixture. For instance on my plate I want all servings separate. I eat my corn separate from my meat etc. Never ever would I put my salad and dressing on my main plate but only on a salad plate or bowl. The only thing I would even consider eating mixed is corn and mashed potatoes. Outside of that no way!

My wife on the other hand mixes everything up. It's disgusting! :roflmao: I can't think of anything truly weird that I eat but I think my wife's peanut butter and dill pickle sandwich is weird! :) She hasn't yet convinced me to taste one in 8 years! :)

Ktrek

There's some other foods I like to mix. For instance if I eat Turkey I like to have a piece of the turkey mixed with mashed potatos.

Or if I eat Chili I always eat Cheese sandwiches with it and dip the Sandwich into the chili.

Same with Chicken soup, gotta have buttered bread with Chicken soup!

Same with Chicken soup, gotta have buttered bread with Chicken soup!

Thats not weird thats very common :roflmao:

But I dip the bread into the soup and enjoy getting noodles, potatos, chicken onto the bread and eating it that way. Only after I have no more bread to I eat the soup with a spoon lol.

I really don't eat anything unusual these days..I used to eat Peanut Butter and Bannana sanwiches..Those are good..mmm..Makes me want to have one right now.. :roflmao:

Edited by spacetigger

When I was pregnant with Rachael I loved tortilla chip and marshmallow sandwiches. I can't imagine why I ate half the stuff I did when I was pregnant. :o

When my wife was pregnant she used to eat ham butties smothered in ice cream, I like to eat those pot noodles on a buttie or why not try cheese on toast with sliced tomatoe's and loads of black pepper yum yum.

I like to dip my french fries in a chocolate milkshake, mmmmm! I like to mix just about anything, foodwise actually. I'm not a picky eater, the only 2 foods in the world I won't eat are 1) potato salad, and 2) Asparagus.

What unusual mixtures of foods do you like?

For me nothing particularly unusal in mixing food... though when we have roast I tend to take mashed(or cubed) potatoes, put the peas or green beans we usually have on that. Then the pieces of roast, then pour on the gravy. And then on top of all that, if we have any, I sometimes place a little sour cream and butter into that mix.

This does not bother most of my family, but it makes my little sister (EmilSoong) gag. She has a big problem with most food touching. She freaks out when her food touches (but likes pizza, or ice cream with chocolate sauce....so go figure :unsure: )

As for unusual......that honor goes to my little brother(wookieofborg). He is like the king of really weird combinations. Like him taking and making a sandwich of chicken cordon bleu, with mashed potatoes and gravy and spaghetti and meatballs.

And that is just a single example....

but then my mom said I ate the following when I was an infant and toddler...

Click for Spoiler:

chocolate ice cream with ketchup on top. but stopped eating taht when I was around 2 1/2 years old. Edited by Yillara_Soong

I'm one of these people who are VERY picky about my food. I hate mixture. For instance on my plate I want all servings separate. I eat my corn separate from my meat etc. Never ever would I put my salad and dressing on my main plate but only on a salad plate or bowl. The only thing I would even consider eating mixed is corn and mashed potatoes. Outside of that no way!

Lol. That's exactly like me.

I do love lots of spices though and really exotic tastes. Although I can not stand wasabi. *shudder*

Ktrek, I had a roommate that ate peanutbutter and pickle sandwiches....I tried it...actually tastes better than it sounds.

But some people think banana and mayo sandwices or tomato sandwiches are strange.

I do like to get up on Sunday morning and read the paper while drinking a really cold Mountain Dew and eating Salt & Vinegar potato chips.

And I prefer cottage cheese to sour cream on my baked potato - waitresses just sort of look at me funny.

My philosophy: It's all goin' down the hatch, so why not mix it together on the plate? :andorian: Actually, I only do it once in a while, but I almost always have to have 2 different foods on my fork when I take a bite; if not it's too bland for me. I will say that I think Ranch dressing goes with almost Anything, and I prefer fries and mayo or tartar to fries and ketchup. :waaaa:

Guest Ktrek

One thing I cannot tolerate is having my dessert on the same plate I had my dinner. My wife will take a piece of pie and just slop it on her dinner plate even if it has gravy left and just munch away. Grosses me out! YUK! I can tatse even the smallest amount of gravy or meat on my desert. It's like people at Thanksgiving who put the jello dessert on the plate with all that gravy, cranberry juice and turkey! Icky!! I'm getting sick thinking about it! :waaaa::andorian:

Ktrek

I like to take taco meat (you know, ground beef with that seasoning on it?) and mix it with hot sauce and sour cream. creates a nice, spicy, pink colored meat dish trhat is absolutely awesome. for alittle extra color and flavor, I'll add cheese.

I like to take taco meat (you know, ground beef with that seasoning on it?) and mix it with hot sauce and sour cream. creates a nice, spicy, pink colored meat dish trhat is absolutely awesome. for alittle extra color and flavor, I'll add cheese.

Mmmm, add some lettuce tomatoes, olives cheese and tortilla chips and you got taco salad.

My strangest food combo comes from Lavern and Shirley; remember what Lavern would mix together? I do that when we have no ice cream but I have a hankering for a float. Hey, it's almost the same thing. :andorian:

When I was little I used to mix milk with Kool-Aid. I don't do it any more though, I can't stand Kool-Aid now. I don't really know if this would be considered weird or not but I can't eat grilled cheese unless it's covered in applesauce.