Sign in to follow this  
Theunicornhunter

Andorian Marriages require groups of four

Interesting TUH...4 people? That's kinda bizarre..Wouldn't it be awesome if we saw an Andorian ceremony in one of Enterprise's latter years...However, and here's the pessimist in me, chances are B & B will either not know about this fact or re-write it to fit in on Enterprise..

That is interesting, someone should try to email TPTB and give them a heads up just in case.

We don't need to give the Enterprise haters anything to scream about lol.

It would be great to see more of the Andorians and more of their society and customs on Enterprise. However the detail of four members within the marriages probably will be overlooked by the writers of Enterprise if it is introduced into the Enterprise element.

:cool:

I was watching TNG and Data mentioned Andorian marriages require groups of four.  He didn't give any details.  In view of renewed Andorian contact I wonder if they'll remember that.

Which episode was this from, Data's Day?

I was watching TNG and Data mentioned Andorian marriages require groups of four.  He didn't give any details.  In view of renewed Andorian contact I wonder if they'll remember that.

I think so...it was the one where Keido and Miles got married

The Mission Gamma novels (DS9 relaunch series) has a significant story-arc about an Andorian quad. It may not be considered canon, but it's interesting, nonetheless.

Yeah, that's Data's day. Was he talking about the marriage or the wedding?

Yeah, that's Data's day. Was he talking about the marriage or the wedding?

It was in the scene where he was talking to Deanna about marriage, what the requirements of marriage were...that was where she mentioned marriage was about growing old together. I can't remember everything he said but he did say marriage

Well I believe some story telling in this vein WAS planned for ENT (along with many others) before the need to change lanes occurred.

Perhaps they will still get around to it but I'm afraid with the need to keep ENT on a road of action-oriented stories any tales of Andor wedding rituals have probably been put on hold indefinitely.

It's sad but I'm fine with it, I'm a reader so I'll someday get the story when an ENT loving Author gets an itch to write it, I may check out the novel Indy mentioned to hold me over.

The Mission Gamma novels (DS9 relaunch series) has a significant story-arc about an Andorian quad.  It may not be considered canon, but it's interesting, nonetheless.

Yes! Yes! Yes!

The Shar character in the Mission Gamma novels and his story arc was the best part of those books for me! I can't believe how interested I was in a "book only" character, but the Andorian thing and his particular story was compelling. I was always in a hurry for the book to get back to Shar!

Those books were great, weren't they? I can't wait for the next one after "Unity" (part of the Avatar thing, yes, but the Mission Gamma and Avatar are working together.)

Shar may have been blue, but I found him very attractive myself. I wonder if an Andorian could mate with another species and not require four partners to reproduce?

Perhaps they will still get around to it but I'm afraid with the need to keep ENT on a road of action-oriented stories any tales of Andor wedding rituals have probably been put on hold indefinitely.

They do not have to do a full story to refer to it, and reiterate it. For instance if they continue to have Shran as a guest star, he could bring up his own 'foursome' in a conversation with Archer about missing home. They could address such things in an abbrieviated way, and still stick to their new directions.

I would like to see more about Andorian culture. I think that family is very important in Andorain society so this might be addressed. Not sure if it really is, so hopefully we'll get some elaboration in future Enterprise episodes.

I'd also like to know some canon information about those antennae of theirs. Can anybody help me out on this?

To be married four times that would not be a bad thing. It would be alot to do ceremony lol. Someday I want to have a Klingon wedding.

I would have found it very interesting if they had addressed this issue in ENT, but alas they did not so we may never have the answer.