Sign in to follow this  
Captain Jean-Luc Picard

How would you group your Trek movies?

Let's say you have at least one season set from each show and all 10 movies on DVD. I'm currious, would you have the Trek shows and then the movies, or would you have the TOS movies with TOS and the TNG movies with TNG. Perhaps you have another method of organization?

Personally, I prefer having TOS movies with TOS and TNG movies with TNG. :assimilated:

I only have the TNG series on VHS and DVD...I put the VHS away in storage and I have the 7 yrs of dvd out with all the movies next...I 'm not sure what I will do when I get VOY started. :assimilated:

I would keep the movies seperate from the series. Keep them in order by year of release.

the only episodes i have are on recored tape.. i put my episodes with my movies att eh end and my movies at the other end but normaly ill just put them on the shelf.. then i will eventualy get annoyed with it and put the movies in order..

I think you guys are overthinking this, my dvds are all in random stacks. You gotta dig around to find what you want and when you do it's a nice little surprise :blink:

I need to be a little more organized than that..I keep all my series DVDs together and all the movies together..In order..

Edited by spacetigger

Well, you could have series and movies, but I guess it's a matter of prefference. To me, movies 1-6 continue TOS so they would be grouped with the series. If I want Captain Kirk and the Enterprise, I can go straight to TOS or one of their movies. :blink:

You mean people actually organize their movies? :force: I just stack everything up. Nobody's ever accused me of being the most organzied person though. :force:

I need to be a little more organized than that..I keep all my series DVDs together and all the movies together..In order..

I agree, I'm the same I keep all mine in order that way easier to find instead of going through them all one by one :blink:

Lol, I have no idea why I'm divulging this, but I have collected the only Trek I watch and enjoy, TOS. I have about one and a third sets of the episodes; the complete series on vhs, with the movies, all six of them on the shelf in the home office closet. These I have shelved by stardate ranging from smallest to largest, since I messed up the shipping order years ago, lol. The partial series of the same on dvd resides on a shelf in the hallway for easy access, in the numerical order of the disks, along with several versions (including one director's version and three collectors versions besides the theatrical release versions) of the first five movies, and a space for ST:VI once I get it on dvd. My collection of the TOS novels is on another set of shelves right next to it also in its respective numerical order, where there is one. I do not collect the other series, but if I did, I would keep them in their respective orders and in their respective series with their movies in order after, no mixing and matching for this girl, lol! Okay, now that you know I'm a type A personality I'll just retire to the other room and watch an episode or two of Trek ... Scotty, beam me up! :dude:

T'Bree

I don't keep my dvds or my cd's in any kind of order. I like to search through them and find something I didn't know I had. It's a pleasant surpise. :dude: B)

well yeah, if you're going to be all organized and nerdish, I like a big random pile that I can dig through and find something I forgot I had. Then it's YEAH! I like this movie, I'll watch it now.

Eh, I finally decided to keep the movies seperate from the series, so I have STAR TREK, STARGATE, and movies.

tbree_dVelnahr, are there any other shows, Trek or not, that you plan to get on DVD?

Actually, at this time I have no plans to collect another series. I'm busy working on the Star Trek series. But I already have a partial set of the old Kung Fu series on vhs, they only released so many, and I am now the proud owner of the series set, Firefly. I might eventually go after M*A*S*H or even Perry Mason, but I don't have any current plans at the moment to pursue these. I prefer collecting movies, actually, and few tv series I've watched over the years have touched my soul enough to watch them over and over, let alone prompt me to purchase them.

T'Bree

How I'd group my Trek Movies!

-----------------------------------

As somebody else had said before in another posting I'd also put all the First IV Series in Order

ST:TOS

ST:TNG

ST:DS9

ST:Voyager (assuming i had the money and space to buy all these series but instead i could on DVD now)

then all 10 Trek Films in Order

then i could at random choose a Episode from any of the Series when i'm in the mood for alittle trek ("might even look into eventually getting SG-1 in all the first V Years on DVD since it is a good Sci-Fi Show Also"!)

:dude: B) B) :eek:

and they all have good Moral Stories to them both Trek and SG-1

along with the spaceships and Aliens and the Action and Adventure

Edited by LoveMalePecs1

I'm busy working on the Star Trek series.

Are you aware that TOS will be re-released with season sets late this year or early next year?

Yes, I am aware of this but I've already got the first 22 disks in the TOS series and I'd like them all to match. I'm just funny that way. Besides, it's nice to get something other than a bill in the mail ever four to six weeks ...

T'Bree

I'm sure T'Bree is aware of the price difference without you pointing it out to her CJLP.