Sign in to follow this  
Captain Jean-Luc Picard

Do you like to make fashion statements?

Do you like to make fashion statements?

I'm not talking to the extreme, but just the unusual. Some examples would be jeans with the super wide legs, t-shirts with the giant smilie face :assimilated: , rainbow shirts, an earring to look cool, long hair for a guy, short hair for a girl, that sort of thing.

Personally, I'm too shy to make such fasion statements. The closest I ever got was wearring cargo pants. :assimilated:

What about you guys?

I've had the long hair. You know the type, the long hippy type hair, with the wings on the sides. And I shop at American Eagle and Bluenotes (not sure if they have Bluenotes in the US) and places. And I have the metal-studded leather belt. I don't necessarily make fashion statements, but I have always been fashionable. I just like to look good. Lol. I wear Vans Geoff Rowley Pro skate shoes and such. I had the aviator glasses, but I lost them.. :assimilated: . Lol. I only wear jeans but they aren't the stupid ultra-wide jeans or the skin-tight jeans. I also love suits.

About 6 years ago hardcore rave's became the in thing

here in holland,it had its on style with most ppl wearing

levi jeans,nike air training shoes,bomber jackets and crew

cut hair styles.

The only problem with this is ppl thought we were neo-nazis

so when you went on the street ppl gave us some bad looks

even the news papers picked up on this and finally succeeded

in killing the scene.

It was always a cool site to see when 15,000 ppl all dressed the

same partying like hell.......ah the good old days :assimilated:

I like baggy legged trousers and flared jeans. I also wear a lot of long sleeved tee shirts and 70s patterened shirts. Im a bit of a 70s throw back, but can look unintentionally hip-hoppy from time to time. Going out for the night - balck is my favourite look. Smart black shirts are great.

When I go out, I am totally pimpin' in my Service Dress Blue uniform. can't go wrong with medals on the chest and a butterring on the sleeve! oh and the white Combo cover is just so awesome!

well i'm going to be honest, i wear anything i like, i've been a bit strange in my style at times over the years, and have had my nose pierced and dyed my hair purple :assimilated: , but i really don't think fashion really matters as long as you are happy, i mean i am a member of the St Johns Ambulance so i wear a green jumpsuit and reflective jacket so believe me i'm seen in that lol

I have to styles and they both kind of contradict each other:

PUNK - Zip-up hoodies, tight arsed but wide legged jeans (lol), studded belts, trucker hats, t-shirts with snowboard companies on them, skate shoes, etc, etc.

And

SEMI-PREPPIE - Nice sweaters, nice jeans, and basically anything that is really nice and classy looking (except for the black shinny boots. I hate those).

in High School, I used to wear jeans, combat boots, and this nice, distinctive yellow fleece pullover, usually under my Letter jacket with letters for Football and Wrestling. Noone really picked on me, though at one point I did adopt the name "Schoolbus" (this name appeared on the back of my football jersey after I bought it. the school allowed seniors to buy their jerseys.)

Basic blue jeans, black leather built, black T (usually straight black or depicting a band, like my favorite pink floyd shirt :lol:), and sneakers. I hardly ever where my jacket even in cold temperatures because I'm really just weird like that and people think I'm sort of insane robot. ;)

I've had the long hair. You know the type, the long hippy type hair, with the wings on the sides. And I shop at American Eagle and Bluenotes (not sure if they have Bluenotes in the US) and places. And I have the metal-studded leather belt. I don't necessarily make fashion statements, but I have always been fashionable. I just like to look good. Lol. I wear Vans Geoff Rowley Pro skate shoes and such. I had the aviator glasses, but I lost them.. :lol: . Lol. I only wear jeans but they aren't the stupid ultra-wide jeans or the skin-tight jeans. I also love suits.

Hahaha, you sound like me in junior high ;). Now you sound like the people I hate in school, mainly because they talked throughout sociology my favorite course. Curse them! Curse them to the office I say :hug:

Hahaha, you sound like me in junior high :lol:. Now you sound like the people I hate in school, mainly because they talked throughout sociology my favorite course. Curse them! Curse them to the office I say ;)

Ah talking during class. That is defenitely me. I do it so often. But no worries, it is usually a joke having to do with the class, or I contribute to the class. Like my Social Studies teacher hated me. I would talk all class, and blurt stuff out. But it was her fault. I would put my hand up to add to the conversation and she would never answer me, so I'd just blurt stuff out. And the reason she hated me the most was because I never worked very hard in her class and was still one of the top students. Lol.

Wow. Off-topic.

Hahaha, you sound like me in junior high :lol:. Now you sound like the people I hate in school, mainly because they talked throughout sociology my favorite course. Curse them! Curse them to the office I say ;)

Ah talking during class. That is defenitely me. I do it so often. But no worries, it is usually a joke having to do with the class, or I contribute to the class. Like my Social Studies teacher hated me. I would talk all class, and blurt stuff out. But it was her fault. I would put my hand up to add to the conversation and she would never answer me, so I'd just blurt stuff out. And the reason she hated me the most was because I never worked very hard in her class and was still one of the top students. Lol.

Wow. Off-topic.

Wow! All my teachers always answered me, hmmmm maybe because I was usually the only one with my hand up but you know :hug:

Let's see.....

I guess I do. I like clothes that are unusual, like you wouldn't see them on other ppl. Esp. when it comes to shoes.... I have orange pumas, blue suede loafers, red bowling shoes with a "99" on the side, and I used to have green Vans but my mom threw them away when I went out of town!!!!! :hug: I also have a bright orange t-shirt with mr. T on the front, and "I pity the fool!" on the back. I only wear it at home, though!!! lol. I have quite a few other odd articles of clothing but you don't want to be bored with that, do you? :lol:

Later, T ;)

i don't usally care about my appearence, other then; i am clean, and i have clothes on, and my hairs combed. i don't care if i Do make a fashion statement, and if i do,a nd people think its kool, OK! if i do, and people think its stupid, OK!, and if i don't and noone notices, OK!

average dress: BLACK!

Black knee highs or over knees boots

warm tops winter revealing in the summer (C'mon it gets hot)

Full length balck leather coat all weathers (picture the matrix and you have my exact coat)

Fashion Statement? Straight up it is!

So what if I look different. I am me, and I am always smart not sloppy!

I also have my ears pierced TWICE!

And high heels over flats thank you!

the shorter the hair the better too, without me looking rediculous!

Edited by Unadopted Angelic

When I was in high school, I hung around with the "party crowd." This was during the 70's, so the standard dress for the "party crowd" was boot cut Levi's, t-shirts, and sometimes a denim vest over the t-shirt. Shoes were usually black or dark blue. I decided I wanted to be different. I wore the Levi's and the t-shirt, but added a bright pink blazer over them. I also had a liking for high topped tennis shoes. I had a bright red pair and a bright yellow pair, but I never wore the "standard" pair--I would wear one of each color shoe, red on one foot, and yellow on the other. My friends all loved it, and I became known as "the girl in the pink jacket."

No fashion statements here. Motivation for clothing purchases: is it on sale? reduced by how much? does is fit?

It's been that way with me for about three and a half decades. No personality in my clothing choices whatsoever, although I like most of the stuff I have, and it is appropriate for me.

I almost never turn heads, and almost never generate comments. Except once my students commented on my shoes and I realized that I might have been just a bit too cheap.

Edited by mjham

the only fashion state ments i make are when i tend to cover up almost every day and dont look like a slut.. and when i wear all black.. when i were my black out fit ever and i mean every one stares at me.. i walke din to my class once and every one fell scilent.. hehe i have the power.. they are slightly scared of me too.. :blink: oh ya power = nice! no one tried to bug me.. well except for the ppl that would wisper freek as they walked by.. *shrugs* i normaly just throw on something that looks ok and go to school.. *thinks about her sexy black out fit..* hmm nice..

its not like i go out and think shoping for cloths is fun.. infact i loath shoping.. *squishes face to shop glass.. the only peice of clothing i have ever really desired is that red dress.. *shakes head* um.. well er.. andy ways.. i think ill just stop typing now..

Fashion - what's that? Give me a pair of sweats and a tee-shirt and I'm happy. I let the weather decide what I wear not the fashion industry. lol

Yeah I also have no sense of fashion except I know to wear shorts, a T'ee & flops in the summer, long jeans flannel shirt & a waterproof pair of sneakers in the winter. Unless it's a special occasion, then I cry to M for help and she puts out the proper cloths for me. :blink:

My biggest fashion statement these days is my total disinterest in my appearance.

In high school I had a Sid Vicious- spiked black hair and leather- look going on. Before that I had the Willie Nelson- long hair in a bandana- look. In College, I had (at various times) dreadlocks- mountain man beard - soul patch- various styles of goatees- a wide brimmed leather hat- assorted colors of hair- clothes that were uniformly grey.

After that long period of experimentation I decided on the economical solution buying hair clippers and shopping at the thrift store. i'm much happier now.