Sign in to follow this  
BSA Dave

An idea

I like them the way they are so that it is uniform across the board so that it is not difficult for anyone to see and understand the ranks.

I like them the way they are so that it is uniform across the board so that it is not difficult for anyone to see and understand the ranks.

if you cant understand the different starfleet ranks such as command or science or engineering well then the person is a bloody dumb ***

Edited profanity

Edited by ddillard

if you cant understand the different starfleet ranks such as command or science or engineering well then the person is a bloody dumb ***

Edited profanity

I do not find that to be exactly true as the link that you provided also allows for ranks from the Ferengi, Klingons and other races. I still believe it better to have one uniform ranking.

Edited profanity

I do not find that to be exactly true as the link that you provided also allows for ranks from the Ferengi, Klingons and other races. I still believe it better to have one uniform ranking.

the rank system should difine you and what you would rather be in. not having everyone in command. I want to me secruity i want gold (I'm trying to say a bad word but can't) pips. maybe others feal this way but are to afraid to sayso fearing punishments. from what i heard this is a opressive board

And I agree (w/ ddillard). Too much diversity in the rank-types would make the look of the site 'flow' a little less nicely. Now if it were just an issue of getting to choose what color - color being the ONLY difference - such as either red, blue, aqua-ish (medical), or gold, that would be pretty cool. However, the ranks work just fine the way they are - no need to complicate matters. Good suggestion, though, Dave. :assimilated:

EDIT: and as to your last comment - This isn't SFA, Dave. This is the nicest board I've ever been on, and people are always open to opinions. You just have to know how to voice your own with a little more.... tact. This place is huge, so you can't just go around demanding things; there's a process. :assimilated:

Edited by Ace

how do you know about sta. oh wait you ace 3 somthing or other. you tend to give me advisce there there im captain dave that board and i didnt get along. maybe i heard from someone who had a bad thing about here. but STA is the moist anal board ever

Edited by BSA Dave

I dunnow. I'd like it if we had one for "US NAVY OFFICERS" but since I am the only one I know of here, I'd be kinda unique...wait, what's the problem with that?

new rank sets would be awesome come one please allow it

It's not a matter of allowing it or not allowing it. This software doesn't have the ability to give that option.

then how do other boards have different rank sets to choose from

What software do they use? This board is running on Invision v1.2. Multiple rank systems is not an available option.

invision 1.3

I think you'll find that they are using a custom modification for that as it's not part of the Invision software.

The rank system we have in place is the one that we're going to continue using. If Invision 2.0 has the ability for multiple ranks then we'll get it when we upgrade to that. I'm just waiting for it to be released.

invision 1.3

I think you'll find that they are using a custom modification for that as it's not part of the Invision software.

The rank system we have in place is the one that we're going to continue using. If Invision 2.0 has the ability for multiple ranks then we'll get it when we upgrade to that. I'm just waiting for it to be released.

ok cool

BSA dave, it seems to be, IMO, that you seem to think everyone should do what you want. its not like that, if the software is good enough, meh, watcha gonna do? VBG, is a nice guy, but if he did wat everyone wanted, he would be so busy he wouldnt have time with his real life!

and response to your post

from what i heard this is a opressive board
That is a total falsehood, i have been on this board for a few months, and they have been OVERLY generous with me, even though i have broken the rules a few times, so hush up please.

Note: i don't take kindly to insult to this site, and its President, get my meaning?

the only good thing i have to say to you is:

nice pic, i think.

BSA dave, it seems to be, IMO, that you seem to think everyone should do what you want. its not like that, if the software is good enough, meh, watcha gonna do? VBG, is a nice guy, but if he did wat everyone wanted, he would be so busy he wouldnt have time with his real life!

and response to your post

from what i heard this is a opressive board
That is a total falsehood, i have been on this board for a few months, and they have been OVERLY generous with me, even though i have broken the rules a few times, so hush up please.

Note: i don't take kindly to insult to this site, and its President, get my meaning?

the only good thing i have to say to you is:

nice pic, i think.

where the (I'm trying to say a bad word but can't) do you get that i want everything to do what i want. infact thats not how i am. im just giving our suggestions. and if you cant (I'm trying to say a bad word but can't) see that then well bloody well piss off