Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jim Phaserman

A day in the life of a US Naval Officer.

Friday, 13 Februrary 2004.

04:30-Reviele

04:35-First cup of coffee. probably first of 10 or 15 by 0800.

04:40-04:50-Shower.

04:55-05:10-Iron uniform.(2nd cup of coffee)

05:10-05:15-place ribbons, insignia, name tag, and other devices on uniform.(3rd cup of coffee)

05:15-get dressed.

05:20-out the door.

05:20-05:30-in transit to Recruit Training Command Great Lakes.

05:30-Report in.

08:00-Colors.

08:30-Morning staff meeting

09:00-begin paperwork.

10:00-11:00-observe Training Companies.

11:00-12:00-report observations, meet with recruits.

12:00-12:30-Chow

12:30-13:30-paperwork

13:30-14:00-Afternoon meeting.

14:00-14:10-Transit to Home.

14:00-18:00-engage in various activities with the children.

15:30-Julie Leaves for work.

18:00-18:30-Dinner.

18:30-18:45-dishes, while watching children.

18:45-19:45-activities with Children.

19:45-bed time for the kids.

19:45-20:00-bed time story

20:00-00:00-Personal time.

====Thursday, 14 Feb. 03===

00:30-Julie comes home.

02:25-Electrical fire averted.

Vanroy, that time between 0530 and 0800 is called "Gee, doesn't it suck to be the Junior officer?" Time.

Today is a federal holiday. so I am at home all day. whoopdiedoo!

Friday, 13 Februrary 2004.

15:30-Julie Leaves for work.

18:00-18:30-Dinner.

18:30-18:45-dishes, while watching children.

18:45-19:45-activities with Children.

19:45-bed time for the kids.

19:45-20:00-bed time story

20:00-00:00-Personal time.

====Thursday, 14 Feb. 03===

00:30-Julie comes home.

Jim's least favorite time of the day. He is like a little kid when I come home. a BIG little kid, but still.

Thursday, 19 February 2004

04:30-Reviele

04:32-First cup of coffee. probably first of 10 by 0800.

04:40-04:48-Shower.

04:55-05:10-Iron uniform.(2nd cup of coffee)

05:10-05:15-place ribbons, insignia, name tag, and other devices on uniform.(3rd cup of coffee)

05:15-get dressed.

05:20-out the door.

05:20-05:30-in transit to Recruit Training Command Great Lakes.

05:30-Report in.

05:30-08:00-File reports, run memos, copy agenda for OIC/AOIC/OOD

08:00-Colors

08:10-09:00-OIC Staff Meeting

09:00-12:00-Paperwork

12:00-12:45-Chow

12:45-14:00-CO Meeting w/ Admiral

14:00-15:10-Come home/pick up children/stop by Hospital to say hello to Mrs. Phaserman.

Friday, 20 Feb. 2004

TOday is alittle different. I have to be in at 1500 and I can expect to be there till at least 2100.

I got a phone call from a School District up in the northern part of the county. well, turns out school was cancelled and someone had to go pick up my youngest siblings from school.

My conference ran over today and I got home at 2300. but I think I did teach my fellow officers a thing or two about leadership and followership.

Wow Jim, if all men kept a daily log of what they did, perhaps we'd have more hardworkers in this world. (jk guys, don't take it personally :force: )

:force:

Jaina

Today I attended a family function. nothing special, but it was still fun.

by the way, if I ever open a resteraunt, DON'T Expect me to cater to anyone who does not speak english...sorry, random blurt

Yesterday (Friday)

I spent the morning at home, then went to the base later in the evening. I was treated to a tour of the brand new USS Arizona. USS Arizona is a brand new barracks here. it is tradition that barracks around here are named after ships. the Arizona has peices of her namesake's hull. I wish I would have been able to attend the dedication ceremony on tuesday, as there was a survivor of the Pearl Harbor attack present. I also recieved an E-mail from my brother, who is doing well in Iraq. he said he is amazed by the fact that even while serving overseas in a hostile area, he will be able to vote for who he wants as his Commander In Cheif.

Today I went to the local Community college at the beheast of a recruiter, to talk to a group of students about how the Military can help pay for college, and what kind of things you can do in the Military. I fielded questions on everything from what's it like to kill someone (which, by the way, I surprised them with my answer), to what is it like to be under the Polar Ice Caps (if you listen to the Hydrophones, it's reminescent of a haunted house).

My best buddy here at STF.net is a man I know I can count on. He'll risk an increased warning level for me. He'll be there when I need him. when he knows I want to rip into someone on the board and can't for any number of reasons, he will do it for me, without my permission. He doesn't care that I outrank him, All he cares about is that he and I are buds. we're mates, as the Brits and Aussies would say. So, Hardcharginsarge, next time you come back on leave, I owe you a drink :bow:

Why in the heck would you want to "rip into" a fellow board member? :blink:

A situational thing? Here's the situation as I see it. We at STF are a community. (A situation that has been made abundantly clear to me on two distinct occasions in the year that I've been here.) We may be much like a community that is formed when a Navy ship is sailing the open seas. I'm sure that an atmosphere of camaraderie and teamwork is encouraged on such a ship. "Ripping into" your fellow shipmates would only serve to diminish the effectiveness of the ship as a whole and make it less able to accomplish it's mission. So it is with STF. While debate is healthy and encouraged and can cause personal growth of members, "ripping into" fellow board members to the point that one is "increasing his warning level" is not conducive to the health of the community.

Perhaps it is your terminology that I do not understand. "Ripping into" sounds rather predatory. Maybe I am misunderstanding?? :blink:

How does "Agressively addressing" sound?

you mentioned being on a ship, also. much like being on a ship, there are people here who I do not like, and likewise, don't like me. the fact that we post in the same Forum often means that we are likely to encounter each other, thus increasing the likelyhood of conflict.

So tonite I attended the final public skate night at the local Ice arena. got my skate caught in a small rut in the ice. I fell, banged my knee, nearly broke my arm, and bruised some ribs.

A bad day! Argg! I understand it is the 1 year anniversary of the war in Iraq, but that does NOT give ANYONE a reason to address me as ANY of the following!

BABYKILLER! You'll be thanking whatever god you believe in if I don't knock your head off.

BUTCHER! See the above!

MURDERER! I am NOT a murderer! War is hell, but it certainly isn't murder!

Last Entry in this log.

I asked a question, and I got some honest answers. Thanks, to those of you who answered the question.

Computer, End Log.

Cya around the Galaxy, Guys.

Last Entry in this log.

I asked a question, and I got some honest answers. Thanks, to those of you who answered the question.

Computer, End Log.

Cya around the Galaxy, Guys.

There is no need for you to leave. This is a STAR TREK site. Your signature would not bother anyone if your posts were about Trek and not the military. If you would talk about Trek and not the military, there would be no problem. :unsure: Please, stay and discuss Trek with us!