Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jim Phaserman

A day in the life of a US Naval Officer.

For the record, I am NOT leaving because of the Signature thing. I have other personal reasons for leaving. Sorry for the confusion I caused.

Well, as most of you know, I am back. I am up to my armpits in sorting out a problem at my board. This is a real test of one's leadership and problem solving abilities, I tell you. for someone like me, handling this in a diplomatic manner isn't neccisarily easy, but I think I am doing good.

Today I had to be at work from 05:30 till 18:30, then I had to go pick up the kids. I saw Julie only for a few minutes today. luckily I have tomorrow off.

I returned from Easter Dinner at my grandmother's house this evening. two of my great aunts and my great grandmother were also in attendence. wow. These ladies could probably teach Howard Stern a thing or two about dirty jokes. They didn't make one sailor blush, they made two <Julie used to be in the Navy, also>, which is an accomplishment. My dad, sister, and youngest brother were also there. made for an interesting evening.

It's always the elders that make you blush cause (with me at least) you expect them to be innocent of thoughts and behaviour like that.

I was surprised at how well behaved my dad was, he's usually the one making all the off color jokes. he likes to try to make my sister choke on her food or spray her drink out her nose at dinner by telling as many drinks as possible.

It don't take much to do that to me. I was flirting with a guy tonight and he said something completely innocent and I sprayed my water all over my monitor. Shows my a) maturity and b ) sense of humour. My dad and uncle are the main culprits behind this kinda behaviour when they get together.

Today is the first time I've taken a sick day in 15 months. Just a warning, when I am under the weather, I tend to have an increase in hostility. I will attempt to contain it as much as possible.

Today is friday, thank god! I feel better, the weather is nice, I think I am gonna take the kids to the park in a few minutes (and they let me out of the office at noon, so life is good!)

Right now I am dealing with some insomnia, but hopefully I will get over it. there is a Thunderstorm in the area that I am monitoring with The Weather Channel, and Other than that, I'm bored.

My shift is over, an uneventful night as the Nightshift OIC. I was seriously bored. I would have done anything for a problem like someone trying to install a camera in the female head.

this morning around 10:30 or so, my CO says,

"Ensign, you work too much <I laughed>, go home. hang out with your wife for a while. besides, nothing's doing today."

anyone know how hard it is to find Size 17 boots and shoes? Argg. I need new boots and new leathers (Leather shoes for my uniform, Navy regulations state you can't have Corframs, which are plastic shoes that never need shining, so we get to shine our leathers ourselves).

Sir,

You could always raid the initial issue room, they seemed to have nothing but large sized shoes for recruits :eekout: I know, going through bootcamp I had on size 13 ee Boondockers. and my feet are a size 8. If all else fails, Try NMCRS Thriftstore, if its still there. Otherwise let me know!

Doc Niel out

Thanks for the advice, Doc.

Lieutenant JG's Log, Suplimental. (Sounds good, doesn't it?)

Well, I've been soo busy these past few days, I've decided that, with my CO's blessing, I'll take a day off. I can't afford to wait till the weekend. I've been told to do the "Call in" muster for thursday and friday, and I'm off monday.

Sweet! :( I wish I was off today, will be soon.

Sir hope you have a goooooodddddddd Holiday weekend!

Your welcome for the advice

today was nice. after soo much hard work, it's nice to get some time off. For those wondering, Sergeant McMillian leaves tomorrow.

I'm slightly buzzing. I'm drinking a coke and smoking a Swisher Sweet Blunt before bed.

Becareful, you can be discharged for being caught with marijuania.

today was nice. after soo much hard work, it's nice to get some time off. For those wondering, Sergeant McMillian leaves tomorrow.

If you don't mind me asking, where is he headed off to???

Sorry about the delayed response. I've been a bit busy. the good Sergeant is in Afghanistan, carrying on the hunt for Osama Bin Laden, and helping out the Afghani people.

I haven't been able to post as much as I would like to recently, because my cell phone has been ringing off the hook, keeping me busy. some days I swear my office would fall apart (figuratively) without me.

alumnus. I think that's the proper singular.

Yep. Almnus--masculine singular; alumna--fem. sing; alumni--masc. plural (and if there are both men and women); alumnae--fem. pl. Yay for Latin.

And congrats.

Do be careful with the pot...

with the pot?I haven't done pot since...well, never.

turns out my direct superior (a lieutenant Commander) is being replaced because he pissed off someone up high, so now I get to be the one to brief the new guy on what goes on. this new officer, also an LCDR, is coming over from the other side of the base. tomorrow should be...interesting.

alumnus. I think that's the proper singular.

Yep. Almnus--masculine singular; alumna--fem. sing; alumni--masc. plural (and if there are both men and women); alumnae--fem. pl. Yay for Latin.

And congrats.

Do be careful with the pot...

actually nominative, fem, pl...

accusative fem pl is alumnas...

etc...

look it up...

LATIN NERDS RULE!!