Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RikerChick

Pictures from today

Keep in mind both of these are about an hour old so they're still red. I'm going to have a little more shading done on the tattoo later, but I love it. The tattoo didn't hurt half as much as I thought it would. I just breathed through the parts where he went over the really thin skin. The navel piercing hurt like all the pain of the tattoo in one jolt. :bow: OUCH!! It was over fast though and I love it. Once it's healed I'll switch it to a smaller crystal. I've had enough pain for today though. :bow:

tattoo

Click For Spoiler

the navel piercing. try to ignore my dingy sweats, I didn't want jeans rubbing on the new stuff.

Click For Spoiler

wow, they look really cool, wish I had that kind of bravery! YAY you.

Cool, Rikerchic. I am considering getting a tatoo, but the one I want isn't allowed with the uniform (I wanted to get anchors on my forarms, but the regs say tattoos have to be covered by short sleve shirts.) But, Hey, I may get another tattoo elsewhere.

Cool, Rikerchic. I am considering getting a tatoo, but the one I want isn't allowed with the uniform (I wanted to get anchors on my forarms, but the regs say tattoos have to be covered by short sleve shirts.) But, Hey, I may get another tattoo elsewhere.

What if you had tattoos before you enlisted?

if I had tattoos before than it's okay. but since I shipped for boot camp four months after my 17th B-Day, I hadn't been able to get a tattoo since Dad wouldn't let me.

if I had tattoos before than it's okay. but since I shipped for boot camp four months after my 17th B-Day, I hadn't been able to get a tattoo since Dad wouldn't let me.

oh ok that makes sense, I was woundering if they forced people to have removal surgery. :force:

Ya I have a bunch of friends with belly-button rings, and they were defenitely sore for a while. Lol.

The weird thing is it doesn't hurt at all now. I can't even feel it, and all the redness is gone. :force:

SWEET!!! the tat looks great, and so dont the belly ring. i knew you could do it, see i wouldnt steer ya wrong about the pain of it. i kinda thought of it as sort of a baptism or right of passage in life, something like that. ya kind of feel different afterward.

Ya I have a bunch of friends with belly-button rings, and they were defenitely sore for a while. Lol.

The weird thing is it doesn't hurt at all now. I can't even feel it, and all the redness is gone. :force:

Uh-oh I hope the nerves in the skin where you recieved the ring haven't been damaged. hehehe jk I don't think that happens, well I hope not.

Got a silly question for those who have tattoos (or anyone actually). Do any of you know how long you have to wait after you get a tattoo before you can start tanning? I guess I should call the tattoo place and ask them.

wel, i went ahead and did it anyways, hers wat i found out...

How long before I can resume normal activities

(working out, swimming, tanning, etc.) after getting a tattoo?

About two weeks. Within a couple of days a light, dry, flaky layer of skin will develop over the tattooed area. Maintain a small amount of lotion on the skin during this period to keep it from becoming dry and itchy. Most of the flaking will end in about a week resulting in getting a shiny, wrinkled layer of new skin. Once this happens, you can return to your normal activities. If any smaller spots take longer to heal, wait until theyÕre done.

wel, i went ahead and did it anyways, hers wat i found out...

How long before I can resume normal activities

(working out, swimming, tanning, etc.) after getting a tattoo?

About two weeks. Within a couple of days a light, dry, flaky layer of skin will develop over the tattooed area. Maintain a small amount of lotion on the skin during this period to keep it from becoming dry and itchy. Most of the flaking will end in about a week resulting in getting a shiny, wrinkled layer of new skin. Once this happens, you can return to your normal activities. If any smaller spots take longer to heal, wait until theyÕre done.

Hey thanks! :rofl: