Sign in to follow this  
jaina27

Time Travel--was it worth it?

My answer of course is yes. What Star Trek series HASN'T had a time travel episode?? I know people complain that "they never make sense" but that's what I find so fascinating about them. I especially love the episodes where you have to pay close attention all the way to the end, because they never make any sense until the last few moments of the episode and then everyone is like "Oh so that's what they were...." and "so that's how they got there...."

Time travel is a complex notion, those episodes are not for the faint of heart or those who need to see everything in black and white. (No offense to those of you who think like that. God made each person in their own special way) I was made for the time travel episodes; I like to have my mind challenged every once in a while. Even the "latest news" section has an article posted about a time travel episode!! One of my favorites, in fact: "Trials and Tribble-ations" How can any true trekkie not like the time travel episodes??? Each series (even Enterprise is starting the Time Travel episode tradition) is littered with time travel episodes!!! I love time travel!!!!

:frusty:

Jaina

Jaina, I completely agree. I wish the original Enterprise would travel back in time to this year so I could meet Spock! Heehee. Back on topic, yes, definitely, travel is always so much fun in the episodes/movies.

Time travel is the greatest thing that happened to trek ever i dont feel its overused at all.. its amazing!! where wood we be without time travel the answer is of course without two of the greatest movies of all time, first contact and the voyage home!!!.. the best time travel episode is far beyond the stars.. if you want to call that a time travel ep in a way i guess it could b an unorthidox one...

I love time traveling.

It is essential to Star Trek, for without it the Fed won't even exist. Well for the current Trek universe we are watching, because without time travel the Borg won't invade 2063 & First Contact "will never happen" in that universe.

The 29th century people thank the Borg for that. :)

"In a way, we owe you for our existance."

Anyway I quite dissagree about "time" being a confusing subject, its quite simple when you think about it in a way. :)

I manage to piece all of them properly & understand what on earth is going on, lol.

I love time traveling.

It is essential to Star Trek, for without it the Fed won't even exist. Well for the current Trek universe we are watching, because without time travel the Borg won't invade 2063 & First Contact "will never happen" in that universe.

The 29th century people thank the Borg for that. :)

"In a way, we owe you for our existance."

Anyway I quite dissagree about "time" being a confusing subject, its quite simple when you think about it in a way. :)

I manage to piece all of them properly & understand what on earth is going on, lol.

Wether the Borg went back or not, Cochrane would still have launched the Pheonix, causing the Vulcans to land on Earth in search of this "warp signal". :)

Yes but that's in other universes/stories

In our current one, the one we are seeing & its events, it all depends on that Borg intervention.

Without it, the whole timeline would be different. Be it better or worst its infinite of possibilities.

:)

Yes but that's in other universes/stories

Nope, our Trek reallity.

In our current one, the one we are seeing & its events, it all depends on that Borg intervention.

In our current Trek timeline, the Borg alterred the timeline so first contact didn't happen, but Picard and crew went back - they were protected by the temporal rift's wake - and repaired the damage to history. Fortunately, the people who died didn't have any severe impact on the future.

Without it, the whole timeline would be different.

Without it, the NX-01 would have a different name and "Regeneration" wouldn't have happened.

I know you seem to think that the Borg's attempt to stop First Contact caused it to happen, so tell me what you think would have happened had they not gone back?

I'd love to discuss this but just the thought of it gives me a headache :)

I know you seem to think that the Borg's attempt to stop First Contact caused it to happen, so tell me what you think would have happened had they not gone back?

Simple,

if they hadn't gone back, then we'll be watching a universe where the Borg's intervention is not required.

That's all :)

Simple,

if they hadn't gone back, then we'll be watching a universe where the Borg's intervention is not required.

That's all :unsure:

It's the same universe! :nono: Alterred timeline or not, it's the same universe. :)