Sign in to follow this  

Name: Q

Species: Q

Position: First officer

Background: I left the Q continume I joind the Maquis. i was captured by the challenger but sence u were caught in the badlands and caus4e of my knoledge of the area i was made first officer to help escape.

Name: Q

Species: Q

Position: First officer

Background: I left the Q continume I joind the Maquis. i was captured by the challenger but sence u were caught in the badlands and caus4e of my knoledge of the area i was made first officer to help escape.

The ship is preparing to enbark on its first mission after its construction having been completed. Also, I doubt that the captain would put his trust in a Q or a former member of the Maquis as his first officer on the ships first mission. I also know that Starfleet would not allow either to be an officer on the ship.

3 of 7 I am sorry that I have not responded as of yet, but I have no problem with their being a borg threat just don't overdue the whole thing. 

Also, once the RPG is started it will continue indefinitely, once one mission/threat has been completed a new mission will be assigned to the ship and it will continue on.

No, I will not overdue it.

PS.: Is it possible for me to play one of your crew as well? So I can play a friendly character as well, and continue on Challenger's missions after Challenger's grew have won over the bad me? :laugh:

PPS.: I know the rules are that we can only play one character at a time, if not said otherwise by a mod.

:lol:

Here is what we can do if it is okay with you. You can choose a character that will be a part of the crew, but while the borg are in play your character on the ship will need to remain idle so that we don't end up with a collaberator. lol. We can have it listed that the character has been assigned but has not been brought aboard the ship yet.

Okay. Hey, Ddillard, Is this ship outfitted with the standard weapons' loadout established in DS9? according to the MSD at the back of the bridge on DS9, the ship has 4 pulse phaser cannons and 2 torpedo tubes forward, and one torpedo tube aft.

Edited by Ensign Jim Phaserman

Well, I was considering, if the Admiral Okay'd it, adding a pair of Pulse Phaser Cannons aft, and maybe fitting Type X phasers along the sides of the Nacelle Pods. this would increase our ability to hit a from all angles.

I have added the weapons compliment to the ships stats/roster. You got your two aft pulse cannons and an extra aft torpedo laucher, but not the type X phasers as starfleet engineering has determined that having a phaser bank mounted on the necelles would cause the ship to be at extremely high risk for a warp core breech or engine failure during battle.

Okay. I'll have to review weapons systems in the Tech Manuals and see if I can come up with something else. but, hey, now we have some extra firepower to discourage a close persuit.

Here's some extra ship info that might help. :)

1. Defiant-class ships are capable of planetary landings and lift-offs like the Intrepid-class. All four landing struts are located on deck four.

2. To my knowledge, there is only one shuttlebay on decks 3 and 4 with a "drop" door, like the NX-01 Enterprise has, located at the center-bottom of the ship. It's assumed that the tractor beam assembly is embedded in the shuttlebay door. I've also heard that the ship has three shuttlebays, 2 and 3 being near the rear of the ship where it meets the nacelles. However, with a four deck ship and a crew of fifty, this is highly unlikely.

3. There is a probe, possibly a torpedoe launcher, at the bottom of the deflector dish.

Not sure if you guys new this, but I'd thought I'd share just in case.

Also, where on Earth are the ships's airlocks?

I have added the weapons compliment to the ships stats/roster.  You got your two aft pulse cannons and an extra aft torpedo laucher,  but not the type X phasers as starfleet engineering has determined that having a phaser bank mounted on the necelles would cause the ship to be at extremely high risk for a warp core breech or engine failure during battle.

I've seen a few Galaxy-class ships with phaser strips on it's nacelles durring DS9's run. Then again, they also had extra shielding between the nacelle and the phaser strip. Perhaps the Defiant-class ship could use this?

I have added the weapons compliment to the ships stats/roster.  You got your two aft pulse cannons and an extra aft torpedo laucher,  but not the type X phasers as starfleet engineering has determined that having a phaser bank mounted on the necelles would cause the ship to be at extremely high risk for a warp core breech or engine failure during battle.

I've seen a few Galaxy-class ships with phaser strips on it's nacelles durring DS9's run. Then again, they also had extra shielding between the nacelle and the phaser strip. Perhaps the Defiant-class ship could use this?

I was thinking and looking at the defiant in the DS9 tech manual, mounting a pair of Phaser strips on the Dorsal hull inboard of the Nacelles, maybe curving partially around the Deck 1 superstructure,would give the ship better cover over the forward, latteral, and dorsal fields.

I was thinking and looking at the defiant in the DS9 tech manual, mounting a pair of Phaser strips on the Dorsal hull inboard of the Nacelles, maybe curving partially around the Deck 1 superstructure,would give the ship better cover over the forward, latteral, and dorsal fields.

That would be okay with me. Just put up a complete set of the specs for defense, propulsion, armament etc. when you get it done and I will post it.

Okay. 4 forward Pulse Phasers, 2 aft Pulse Phasers, 2 forward Torpedo tubes, 2 aft torpedo tubes, two dorsal type X phasers inboard of nacelles and outboard of Deck 1 Superstructure. Shields should be capable of taking a dozen Type X phaser hits, and the ship should have a maximum Warp of 9.975. Hull Armor should take 2 Phaser hits before buckling. at impulse the ship travels at .27c (standard Federation is .25c I believe) the ship is capable of a 180 degree turn in 2 lenths, and a 360 degree roll in 2.2 seconds.

Edited by Ensign Jim Phaserman

3 of 7 I am sorry that I have not responded as of yet, but I have no problem with their being a borg threat just don't overdue the whole thing. 

Also, once the RPG is started it will continue indefinitely, once one mission/threat has been completed a new mission will be assigned to the ship and it will continue on.

No, I will not overdue it.

PS.: Is it possible for me to play one of your crew as well? So I can play a friendly character as well, and continue on Challenger's missions after Challenger's grew have won over the bad me? :lol:

PPS.: I know the rules are that we can only play one character at a time, if not said otherwise by a mod.

:naughty:

Here is what we can do if it is okay with you. You can choose a character that will be a part of the crew, but while the borg are in play your character on the ship will need to remain idle so that we don't end up with a collaberator. lol. We can have it listed that the character has been assigned but has not been brought aboard the ship yet.

Yepp, that does sounds fine by me. I'll PM you as soon as I know what I shall call my friendly character. :borgqueen:

:laugh:

Also, i found a few pic's of Galaxy Class Starships and Defiant Class Ships so you can compare em....

Click for Spoiler:

Galaxy Class;

Ent-D04.jpg

hiryu2.jpg

Defiant Class;

TNtype10.jpg

image009.jpg

thats it, i'm not sure if they are right.....

Note: these are for comparison between Galaxy Class Ship's and Defiant Class Ships. You can check them out yourself at.....

GALAXY:http://images.google.ca/images?q=Galaxy+Cl...&oe=UTF-8&hl=en

DEFIANT:http://images.google.ca/images?hl=en&lr=&i...+Class+Starship