Sign in to follow this  
Deta

What do you think of the Cardassians?

Like them or not  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Like them or not

• I like them
    • I dont like them

I just wanna know everyones opinion of the Cardassians. Personally I dont like them they cheat and lie to get there way around... :clap:

I loved the Cardassians. At first they just two-dimensional villains, but Deep Space Nine explored so much into their culture and beliefs. Gul Dukat was brilliant and Garak was superb in every episode he was in. Although even when damra led his rebellion, I never entirely trusted that the new Cardassian philosophy would last. But I love the Cardassians, the Obsidian order, Enarbran Tain, Empok Nor, etc. What's not to love about them?.....other than the fact that they were a genocidal, Nazi-esque, murderous, torturous race of repressors.

Edited by William Stryker

This was a hard call but I think I generally don't like the Cardassians. Besides Garak and a few others they seemed too bent on being the biggest bully on the block. It took the Klingons and the Dominion's subjecting them to the same treatment as they subjected others for them to come around.

During the Dominion War, the Cardassians kinda reminded me of the Italians in WWII. the Resistance took over and they turned on their former allies. aside from that, the Cardies always seemed a bit too eager to fight.

aside from that, the Cardies always seemed a bit too eager to fight.

This was caused by two main reasons.

1) Poor resources on Cardassia. They had to fight and conquer to expand and survive.

2) Their inherant pride, which seemed to be pushing them to be involved in most situations. they joined the Dominion because of the humiliation of the Klingon attacks, and to be influential within the Alpha Quadrant.

:clap::frusty::eek:

I like the Cardasians. I don't neccessarily like they're treating of other cultures, and they're law system is really messed up, but I love they're architecture. especially on DS9. The station is beautiful.

The Cardassians got a pretty bad calling when they first got started but I felt kinda bad for them towards the end of DS9's run. The whole "Damar rush the group of Jem'Hadar" was pretty heroic.

The Cardassians are my 4th favorite alien race in Star Trek. I think they make great villians and they look really cool. I haven't seen much of DS9 but from Gul Dukat I really started to like them.

I thought the Cardassians were Great Villains in the Trek series and I learned to love to hate them (Especially Gul Dukat). I also hated Damar, I thought it was a bad idea what they did to him at the end of the series. I always thought that the Cardassians were the best Villains because you didn't know what to expect from them. With the Borg you knew their agenda; assimilate everything. The Dominion wanted to control everything, but the Cardassians they were ruthless, lying, cheating, conniving, and a bunch of other words I will refrain from using...

:dude:

I've never liked them. They looked cool but they were too much like the Nazis. I did kind of feel sorry for them once the war was over but other than that I didn't like them. Garak was cool, though, so they're not all bad.

I love them as Trek characters but of course I don't like what they did. Come to think of it they could be called monsters of sorts, their lack of planetary resources lead to some very horrendous things leading us think about ourselves and what we might be forced to become given the same situations. Haven't we already become like them in some small ways? I think we have. Brilliant Trek characters.

I think that until DS9 they were quite a 'hollow' species, we were always show that they were ruthless and murderous etc. Once DS9 came along, you got a chance to see that they aren't actually all out to kill anything they don't like and that they do have emotions and good sides etc. In a way they are victims of circumstance, although I don't condone what they did of course.

Myself I liked the cardassians, mainly because their existance created alot of plot lines that would not have been possible with any other race.

I always enjoyed the Cardassians. They always interested me. They had the most inner conflict and yet managed to remain a galactic power.

The Cardassains are great IMHO . Garak is wonderful and one of the best giuest stars on DS9. Gul Dukat is a great viilain .There culture is very interesting They are one of my fav species

Me: Other than Garak, I'd shoot at any other Cardie.

Them: Gee man, that sounds rather racist.

Me: Well, I won't trust turning my back on them. I won't want a dagger hilt sticking out of it.

I voted that i did not like the Cardies because:

1. They are a lot more murderous and unreliable than the Romulans

2. Their generals seem to be lacking compared to the Federation and the others

3. They did not have the power to back up their actions. Thing which became clear when the Cardassians found themselves unable to win a single battle without the help of the Dominion during the war

4. Their ideals and social structure is outrageous being a perfect application of Makiavelli's theories

5. How could i like a race that only seeks to dominate in order to get << vital space >>?

BUT they will make good members of the Federation if they ever choose to join ( This is not impossible after their defeat since they no longer are a Super-power able to fend for itself )