Sign in to follow this  
Jack_Bauer

Would you like to see Shran a regular?

Would you like to see Shran as a regular?  

53 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to see Shran as a regular?

• Yes
    • No
    • Not Sure

I know I bring this up every time the Andorians are on the show but I'm interested in getting an idea of who agrees with me.

Personally, I think it would add such an interesting dynamic to the crew and Shran is such an intriguing character. I think if done properly, he could develop really well. Plus this would further the eventual formation of the Federation.

Or, would you prefer to have Shran as a recurring character?

I'm really just interested in whether you think it is a good idea. :P

Of course I voted yes. I have liked Shran since the first episode he was in. Every Andorian episode is fantastic..It would be neat to have him as a regular character or even a recurring regular character..DS9 had a lot of them and Shran would certainly be interesting to have on board. I like the interactions between him and Archer and T'Pol..He even had a neat scene with Trip this week. Shran would add character to the crew that's for sure..I know for certain we haven't seen the last of him and the Andorians..

I was thinking about this last night and how they could do it. The way I was thinking about it he could be the Andorian equivalent of what T'Pol was for the Vulcans, an advisor. Having that dynamic on Earth's first Warp 5 ship would force the Vulcans to be more open with the humans and would, in the end bring them all closer together (but more importantly would bring the Vulcans and Humans closer together.

I also think it would boost ratings a great deal.

I'm with TUH. I love the character, but I think seeing him every week would be overkill. Besides, if he were made a regular cast member, he would have to be relegated to only a few lines in any episode that focused primarily on another character. For a character as strong as Shran, I'd hate to see him in the background - I like it most when he shows up and becomes central to the plot.

I think he's perfect for the recurring (often) role.

I'm liking the idea of seeing Shran as a reoccuring character.

A regular character every week would just be too much.

An Andorian subplot in Enterprise has great potential to show how the first building blocks were laid for the Human/ Vulcan/ Andorian founding of the Federation. Correct me if I'm wrong on that one please.

Jeffery Combs has definitly made Shran into a likable, if not totally trustworthy, character. I've always been a fan of Andorians. I think it's mainly because other than TOS episodes "Journey to Babel" and "Whom Gods Destroy" and in the background of a few of the TOS movies we haven't really seen them. Hard to believe that they weren't included anywhere that I saw in TNG, DS9 or VOY. Couldn't at least a few have been in Quark's bar on occasion?!?!?!? It was also nice to have seen a Tellarite introduced in an earlier episode of Enterprise too!

Enterprise has really impressed me so far. I like seeing "how it all began".

Just my opinion. Like it or not, we all have one. :P

I agree with CLIFF, I would not like to see Shran as a regular character, I don't think it would be as interesting as having the "enemy or friend?" relationship that Archer and Shran has now. They don't quite know if they can trust each other. I would love to see Shran in a couple of eps. per season, but not as a regular character.

:laugh: I HAVE ONLY SEEN A COUPLE OF EPISODES WITH ANDORIANS IN,

AND I LIKE WHAT I SEE,SO YES GIVE ME MORE :laugh:

I also voted yes.

Going through the posts you made I understand that everyone likes Shran and enjoys seeing him.

A question is how you define "regular". Is a regular only a person you see in every ep?

The more complex a story line gets the more characters you have in. And in each and every ep you can have only a few main characters. The rest I would deferentiate between regulars and recurring characters.

I would define Admiral Forrest, Ambassador Soval (or Porthos *lol*) as regulars because they are deeply embeded in the ENT universe and show up when they fit to the plot. Silik, the future guy, Daniels and til now Shran are for me recurring characters which have their place in the ENT family.

Unter that definition I'd love to have Shran as a regular, which means MORE SHRAN PLEASE.

It depends really. I love the andorian episodes and would like to see more of them, but sometimes when they have regular character they end up recycling the same theme over and over and over again (like the Dominion on DS9, or the Suliban on ENT). I know some people will disagree with me but they would be wrong. :laugh: Just kidding about that last part. :laugh:

I don't want to see Shran as a regular anymore than I'd want to see Q in every episode.

My anticipation to seeing "Proving Ground" was based on getting to see Shran again. If he was on every week, why would I care? The whole point of characters like Shran is that we don't know what they're up to...until...

How about something like this, after the Xindi arc is completed Enterprise could focus on they budding relationship between the Andorians and Earth. Since it seems unlikely that Enterprise will deal with the formation of the Federation and likely won't cover the entire war with the Romulans (if they cover it at all) they could have an arc that starts in season 4 and spans many episodes (spread out) over the course of the next few seasons in which joint missions with the Andorians are undertaken. I'd like to see Enterprise visit Andoria in fact.

Since there is such a high level of distrust between the Humans, Vulcans and Andorians it would take several years of close contact to break through that to the point of them (the Andorians and Vulcans)agreeing to a "United Federation of Planets". I think that storyline has more potential then the actual formation of the Federation (That could be saved for Series #6).

Anyway, to tie this in with Shran this would us give ample opportunity to see more of him and the relationship that he and Archer are forming.

I definitely think having Shran as a regular character would be interesting. Maybe him and his crew could defect due to the events that they were just ordered to carry out with the Xindi weapon.

I definitely think having Shran as a regular character would be interesting.  Maybe him and his crew could defect due to the events that they were just ordered to carry out with the Xindi weapon.

GOOD GRIEF! I'm seeing the episode tonight, USE THE SPOILER BOX!!!!!!!! B) ;) B) B)

I definitely think having Shran as a regular character would be interesting.  Maybe him and his crew could defect due to the events that they were just ordered to carry out with the Xindi weapon.

GOOD GRIEF! I'm seeing the episode tonight, USE THE SPOILER BOX!!!!!!!! ;) B) B) B)

That wasn't really a spoiler for the show, but this is the kind of thing that could be handled in a friendly PM rather then an Angry posting.

GOOD GRIEF! I'm seeing the episode tonight, USE THE SPOILER BOX!!!!!!!! B) ;) B) B)

That wasn't really a spoiler for the show, but this is the kind of thing that could be handled in a friendly PM rather then an Angry posting.

Sorry, but that wasn't in the preview, so I call it a major spoiler since it gave away a major plot. I'm gonna be watching it in 50 mins.

Sorry, but that wasn't in the preview, so I call it a major spoiler since it gave away a major plot. I'm gonna be watching it in 50 mins.

As moderator of the Enterprise board I have decided that this is not a "major" spoiler and have decided not to take any action.

In the future please contact the moderator of the particular board in which you find something objectional so that the issue can be dealt with correctly. Please do not post reprimands on the board as you are not a moderator.

Click for Spoiler:

How can the Andorrians joining forces witht the Xindi not be a major spoiler? B)

lol, CJLP, that isn't even what the post said....go watch your show and enjoy -nothing's been given away

Click for Spoiler:

How can the Andorrians joining forces witht the Xindi not be a major spoiler? B)

The decision has been made, in fact I consider your post to be more direct and therefore a spoiler.

If you have any complaints then you can contact me via a PM. If you continue to argue this point on this thread then your posts will be deleted.

It actually was insinuated in the previews:

Proving Ground Promo

I'm with TUH. I love the character, but I think seeing him every week would be overkill. Besides, if he were made a regular cast member, he would have to be relegated to only a few lines in any episode that focused primarily on another character. For a character as strong as Shran, I'd hate to see him in the background - I like it most when he shows up and becomes central to the plot.

I think he's perfect for the recurring (often) role.

I agree 100%

I like Shran, but he seems almost to high in rank to simply go to the Enterprise. Plus I can't think of what he would do. Unless Reed got taken out, and I'd hate for that to happen. I wouldn't mind seeing Lt. Talas on the Enterprise. She had a good repore with Reed, but the crew won't trust her all at once. Plus, I can see her replacing some one like Mayweather or using another bridge console. But I can't see Shran as the pilot or in the back ground.