WOULD YOU GO BACK?  

27 members have voted

1. 1. WOULD YOU GO BACK?

• YES
    • NO

A LOT OF NEW COMERS ARE FROM ST.COM,

MOST LEFT BECAUSE THE CHAT ROOM CLOSED

I MYSELF LEFT ALSO FOR THIS REASON WHAT I

WANT TO KNOW IS IF IT RE-OPENS WILL YOU GO BACK????

I WOULD NOT.

i was very new to st.com,and only there a short time before it closes the chat room.I much prefer this then st.com because of the topics and the people i have come in contact with here.

i will "pop" over there from time to time to see whats going on,but i feel this is where i want to be the most :blink:

i to came hereafter st.com closed its chat room.like it here better more intresting. will i go back maybe for a vist but regularly not a chance

Guest Mike_Hines01

I might go back for the odd visit, but this place is much better. I originaly came here for the chat room but I find that even the boards are more fun as well.

I left the ST.com forums long ago-last April because I got sick of all the spamming and hate-mongering. STF.net is the greatest and most friendly place. I consider it Home. Kudos to VBG, all the mods, and the members for making STF.net the wonderful place it is. May STF live long and prosper!!!!!

I, like Riann, escaped from st.com long ago because of the childish and idiotic behavior of many posters over there. The message boards were bad enough, so I didn't even BOTHER trying to get in to the chat rooms. I did glimpse at the st.com chat room once, however, and the entire screen was covered by one person typing the word "nude" over and over in bold capital letters. Cute. I'm glad to see many others migrating here from st.com and I hope you all decide to make our little community your permanent home. I've even gone so far as to set stfans.net as my home page!

I was a dedicated member of Startrek.com. I frequented the chat service that they had there, but often found myself leaving it to persue other endeavors. I found that the topics there usually would stear in the same direction every night. I simply got tired of it.

I love this place.

:cool:

I left the message boards back in October, and only went back to get my Vulcan avatar! There were some good people there, but there were too many regular "troublemakers" spoiling things. :)

I am an official member of St.com/chatroom

and i vote no.

Stfans.net is numero uno.

Felt like in a Flagship ten forward deck room.

I can chat all the crew members from all over the world & beyond.

:jawdrop: Wow what a flash back..hard to belive its almost 3 years old this poll..could of been 1 of my first posts.

Nice find Raja 62.

St.Com can kiss my "buttocks". They screwed us over 3 years ago. I've never gone back there and I never will. This is my home now.

I probably would go back. I'm not much for forums anymore, and I've been looking for an active chat room ever since the old lounge closed. I just hope it would draw back some of the former regulars. :yucky:

Even though we have no rafters to hide in

or couches to hide behind. No

I origanly left cause I was flamed by my so called friends and then this new adnim they had 2 years ago had real issues and deleted everyones posts. I ocationaly pop in there and maybe post one or 2 things. When I post here a lot of it is in places where the posts aren't counted. I also pop in here every so often cause I really like this board but I had such a bad experence there also I haven't really made any friends. :-'(

I probably would go back. I'm not much for forums anymore, and I've been looking for an active chat room ever since the old lounge closed. I just hope it would draw back some of the former regulars. :yucky:

I was there today althought there are poeple that are actualy making good topics the spam has spread from ten forward to my home forum the first one i ever went to TNG.

I kinda can't say that I'd go back, since I never left. :yucky:

It's hard to ignore the "speim," but I still find enough good arguments... erm, I mean, "topics," to post in.

You mean we can bust off maybe

i'll go back just to see what trouble i can

get into :yucky:

"Bust off?" Um, no... I think.

In any case, the vast majority of the spam is in the 10-F board. Most of the other boards are (usually) spam-free.

Yeah, the Wurfs are trying to annoy people. As far as those of us who remain constant, they're just a minor inconvenience.

I just go to st.com once in awhile to catch up on the latest trek news and doing some polls but if the chatroom were to be similar to what we had I might go back once in awhile and here as well but all my posts are all here never made many posts in st.com to the posts I've made in stf.net.

i used to love it me and a few Brent spiner fans would go wild and talk about what we would do if we where alone with him or data or lore but I think such ranting and random polls would get me banned here and for thoughts of you who don't know I Am Odogoo. Yeah you found me hehe. Random and simi clothed. For the children's shake no random naked runs LOL!

St.Com can kiss my "buttocks". They screwed us over 3 years ago. I've never gone back there and I never will. This is my home now.

My sentiments exactly!!! This is my home now also. This website is the best Star Trek website going today. :P

It's a good site. It simply gives you nowhere to hide if you can't defend your posts. Which sounds reasonable to me.

Its even harder to defend your views in the chatroom where you don't get 30 minutes to carefully construct what you are going to say but..............THEY TOOK IT AWAY!........ :P

I like ST.COM, which I still go to every now and then. I come here everyday, and maybe ST.COM once or twice a month (maybe a little more than that, but not as much as here)

It's a good site. It simply gives you nowhere to hide if you can't defend your posts. Which sounds reasonable to me.

I disagree with that. ST.com is a joke to be quite blunt. I have been to many websites in my day and i have never seen such rude,despicable people as i have at ST.com.(don't get me wrong, there are nice people there also,but they are in the minority to say the least) For example, i have seen others get quite personal and vulgar in their attacks and have nothing done to discourage this behavior, meanwhile the victims of these attacks usually end up having their accounts "deactivated" Imo, very ghastly indeed. After about 8 years at ST.com i found this place and have forever left that site far behind. The people here are very cool and treat each other with respect,plus everyone has a good time. Without a doubt, my fave of all star trek websites. :P

I disagree with that. ST.com is a joke to be quite blunt. I have been to many websites in my day and i have never seen such rude,despicable people as i have at ST.com.(don't get me wrong, there are nice people there also,but they are in the minority to say the least)

Define "rude" though. What one person considers rude may be perfectly acceptable to others.

For example, i have seen others get quite personal and vulgar in their attacks and have nothing done to discourage this behavior, meanwhile the victims of these attacks usually end up having their accounts "deactivated" Imo, very ghastly indeed.

My cousin posts on the official website. He has never mentioned any problems. Members on that site tend to have enormous post counts which suggests that account deactivation is not very common.

After about 8 years at ST.com i found this place and have forever left that site far behind. The people here are very cool and treat each other with respect,plus everyone has a good time. Without a doubt, my fave of all star trek websites.

"Treating each other with respect" could actually be a case rather of people posting things in order to please others. For example Member A says something. Member B is offended. So the next time Member A posts something, they dilute it in order to avoid offending someone else. But since offense is often in the eye of the beholder, it can have the effect of creating a "safe" and bland environment where no one is willing to post their honest opinions for fear of upsetting others, which I don't think is particularly constructive.