Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Gary Phaserman

Mr. Phaserman's Log

Greetings and welcome to my head. as you can see, there is plenty of space available for rent. just watch out for the cobwebs. the only request is that you not disturb the 3 brain cells.

All silliness aside, it's my second day here, technically, and from what I have gathered, I am like 7 posts away from becoming a lieutenant. So my goal is clear: make Lieutenant before I leave next thursday. anyone who has payed attention to my previous posts knows that I am going to play in the big Sandbox called Iraq.

:assimilated:

is it wrong to post 43-44 posts in a span of a few hours?

is it wrong to post 43-44 posts in a span of a few hours?

No, it's been done before. :laugh:

it would be, but the fact that he is an officer would make things...complicated. that and I don't think either of us would want to be on the same ship, taking into consideration world events, and especially looking at the Cole incident. that and I don't think Dad wants to see a repeat of the Sullivans.

Comming back safe and sound is the one standing order I fully intend to comply with. as the scheduled date of deployment looms closer, I realise that I am really going to be missing alot. my children will all have birthdays I will miss, my twins are graduating from Kindergarten in May, and I will miss that..all sorts of stuff...

Damn, I haven't touched this in a long time. Obviously, I did come home safe.

So, it's 8:24 AM, and the youngest of us Phaserbrothers, Tom, JUST got home from Prom. He's staying with us this weekend since Dad is out of town. If he hadn't called me and told me he was staying at Nicole's house, I might have been worried. I had full intentions of congratulating him today, because he said he was going to propose to Nicole at Prom, but he chickened out, so Jim and I may have to razz him about that.

I've got today off, which is nice, considering that both Friday and Yesterday I worked 12 hour days. Working 24 hours in 2 days wouldn't be bad, if I got an hourly pay rate, but I'm salaried, so I don't get Overtime. That's all for this Update. I'll check back later.

I have to wonder: Why do I choose jobs that require you to learn a new language? The fact that the Navy has it's own language (See: Deck, Bulkhead, Skuttlebut, COMNAVCINCPAC), but Domino's has it's own too, or so it seems. Today, during the lunch rush, We were "20 down". This means that there is 20 items on the screen to be made. Friday night we did a "hundred Pie Hour". Now, this doesn't neccisarily mean we sold 100 pizzas, just 100 items. If you step into the store, you probably couldn't tell who in the store is an INSIDER and who is an OUTSIDER. An Insider is a cover-all term for anyone who, well, works inside. CSR, Manager, Pizzamaker, all are "Insiders." OUTSIDER is pretty much a fancy-smancy term for one group of people: The Drivers. Why Outsider? Well, because they work OUTSIDE the store. We are required to UPSELL. Upselling is easy: "Okay, so that's a large pepperoni, handtossed, and can I get you any wings, breadsticks, or drinks this evening?" That simple. Upselling is a way to boost the AVERAGE TICKET, the average cost of each order. And then there's the slang. I'm going to put this in spoilers, because some of the terms are...uh...well, let's just say mature...

» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

Menstrul Pie: Slang for the "America's Favorite Feast", Pepperoni, Mushroom and Sausage (Topping code: PMS)

Bondage Pie: Sausage and Mushrooms (SM)

Fliers: Pepperoni, because of their similarity to frisbies (and their excellent flight charactoristics)

Fungus: Mushrooms. Obvious, isn't it?

Alpo: Sausage. Looks like Dog food...

Green Slime: Green Peppers.

Hemorage: Pizza with Extra Sauce.

Heart Attack: Pepperoni Feast--Double Pepperoni and Extra Cheese.

Blue Quarters: What we do when we're bored. Put a quarter through the oven. They turn blue. I'm absolutely serious! I'll have to take pictures.

Beef Darts: A game played in some low-quality pizza places. Throw bits of beef at the wall, usually against a paper target shaped like a dart board.

[/spoil]

Yesterday was the worst day I've ever had at work. We had the Micheal Waltrip #55 Domino's Pizza showcar there yesterday. That was fun. And it was customer appreciation day. $2.99 Medium Cheese Pizzas, and $4.99 large cheese pizzas. Got so busy, I had to drive. Luckily, the Supervisor and the Franchisee, plus the manager from our sister-store was on-hand. Well, about 4:30, I'm coming back from a delivery. I hit my turn signal, apply brakes, and check my rearview mirror for some odd reason as I start my turn. 3 teenage girls in a Ford Explorer, not paying attention. I kept the car from spinning out into the utility pole, other cars, and the building, and managed to get it into the parking lot. But my little red kia is done, in all likelyhood. Noone was injured,but those girls were scared sh**less. As said, though, the Kia is probably done. the right rear of the car is seriously crumpled, and neither passenger-side door will open. part of the bumper is actually digging into that rear tire. And the damage to the other car? Negligable.

:laugh: I am glad to hear that you are all right! This morning I was almost in accent myself. There was a truck that speeding and cutting across the freeway lines and almost hit me from the side. It took over an hour for my blood pressure to go down. I also had a doctor’s appointment today, and had a fun time explaining why my blood pressure was far from normal. :laugh:

I hate Domino's Politics.

My boss, the Franchisee, wants to retire. But, he can only do that if others buy his stores. Well, none of the other franchisees in the area are either looking to buy a store, or can buy a store, so he wants to sell to his managers. Well, I put in an Application to franchise, and I was turned down. The latest rumors, circulating around from those closer to the boss than myself, indicate that he has a franchise-approved manager in mind for my store. Which means, yes, Gary loses his job. If it is true (And the sources are ones I trust), I could be out of a job in January.

That truly sucks, Gary. I hope it isn't true. I spent 15 years in the food business and I know how brutal it can be. Thats why I eventually wised up and got out of it.

I'm planning on directly asking the Franchisee about it Tomorrow. I've been offered a chance to be a recruiter for the Navy, and the offer is still open. If the rumors are true, I'm gone as soon as possible. I'm not going to stay at a job where I know I'm going to be fired.

It truly sucks when you are on a job and know you are going to be fired. Some years ago, I was the Assistant Food Service Director at a hospital here. They started doing massive layoffs. I found out from someone that my job was going to be eliminated. It was pretty horrible going to work every day wondering if that was the day the axe would fall.

Hey, what about that opening with the Police Department? Surely with your credentials, you can get in.

The Police Department would probably take me, but if I was a police officer, and I found the guy that robbed one of my drivers last night and broke his jaw, I'd probably shoot him. Not a very good career move.

That is up in the air right now. The Boss was straight about it. Said "yes, we are considering it"....After last night, though, I'm not worried about it. I just wanna make sure I keep my people safe. My driver will be okay. Bastards robbed him, he gave them the money and the Pizza, then went to leave. They pistol whipped him as he was walking away.He played it by the book, and still got hurt.

Update on my driver: Dude is a tough sumbich. He's got a broken jaw, that is wired shut, but he's still working, and is still unafraid. I told him, if he wanted to, I'd bring him inside as a management trainee, but he passed.

So, yeah, we got pounded by the same winter storm that caused all sorts of havoc in Dallas, Oklahoma City, KCMo, and St. Louis. The City (Chicago) got it pretty good. only 3-5. Up here on the far-north side, though, it was bad. the county averaged about 11 inches, and up here at the top we got hammered with close to 20. My drivers who had a 4WD vehicle brought them out today, cus they needed them.

Punching the boss is normally a less than career enhancing move. Unless you're really good at your job, your boss is cool, or you were just goofing around...

Yesterday one of my drivers and I, in a slow moment, were goofin' around, shadow boxing, and he didn't pull up quick enough. Took one on the jaw. I gave him a look like "Run. Fast." his eyes got really big. Then I started laughing...didn't really hurt that much. I just shrugged it off.

YOU not fainting and ducking humm!

Still a little under the weather from New years :yucky:

By the way Beleated HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU AND YOURS.

And the rest of the phase clan

Not sure how often I'll be on here, so I'll leave yall with some Clint Black...

"What do you say when it's over

I don't know if I should say anything at all

One day we're rollin' in the clover

Next thing you know we take the fall

Still, I think about the years since I first met you

And the way it might have been without you here

And I don't know if words from me can still upset you

But I've just gotta make this memory stand clear

I know I'm leavin' here a better man

For knowin' you this way

Things I couldn't do before, now I think I can

And I'm leavin here a better man

I guess I always knew I couldn't hold you

But I'd never be the one to set you free

Just like some old nursery rhyme your mama told you

You still believe in some old meant-to-be

Still I'm leavin' here a better man

For knowin' you this way

Things I couldn't do before, now I think I can

And I'm leavin' here a better man

Yes I'm leavin' here a better man

For knowin' you this way

Things I couldn't do before, now I know I can

And I'm leavin' here a better man

Yes I'm leavin' here a better man"

:laugh: I'm sorry, for both of you... :elephant:

My prayers for Gods will to be done in your lives; your eventual reconciliation.

Matthew 19:4 And he answered and said unto them, Have ye not read, that he which made them at the beginning made them male and female,

Matthew 19:5 And said, For this cause shall a man leave father and mother, and shall cleave to his wife: and they twon shall be one flesh?

Matthew 19:6 Wherefore they are no more two, but one flesh. What therefore God hath joined together, let not man put asunder.