Sign in to follow this  
Takara_Soong

Gosh Darn It's Cold Today!

This is for everyone who thinks when the temperature hits 50F that they are going to freeze to death.

Today, in the city I love, it is -26C (-15F) but with the windchill factored in the temperature feels like -38C (-36F). We just got through what they are calling our first blizzard of the year although it didn't seem like a blizzard since we only got around 15 cm (6 inches) of snow.

I know, where we live the temp has been about 30 degrees below normal. Our heater has been running constantly all winter. (odd for this area) This coming gas bill is gonna give me a heart attack. If I disappear in the next couple days, that's what happened.

That's cold. I think the coldest weather I was ever in was a windchill to about -13F - that was the year I moved South.

As it is, today I have on the a/c- a couple of days ago I had on the heat and it flips like that constantly.

Today, in the city I love, it is -26C (-15F) but with the windchill factored in the temperature feels like -38C (-36F).

Those are the EXACT temperatures for today here! Haha. And they were the same yesterday as well. And the trend is going to continue.

Is now a bad time to mention that today its in the low 80's and I've been outside in shorts a t-shirt most of this morning? It is? Ok then I won't tell you.

Is now a bad time to mention that today its in the low 80's and I've been outside in shorts a t-shirt most of this morning? It is? Ok then I won't tell you.

I feel sorry for you, wouldn't you like to have -20C and a lot of snow? :)

Not really, The snow messes up my tanning on the beach! :lol:

Not really, The snow messes up my tanning on the beach! :)

But snow reflects the sun and makes you even more tanned, wouldn't that be awesome? :)

And you could also bath in what we call a "vak" in sweden (make a hole through the ice and jump in, cold as hell). Me and some friends do it every january, it's about +2 in the water under the ice.. Not very pleasant but it has become a tradition (a sick tradition).. :lol:

Oh that's just not right. 1OO.gif It's 57 here right now and I've got the heat on. Man low 80's on the beach sounds like heaven.

It's Hot as Hell & Humid 'ere, I don't know what the Temp here today is but there expecting 35C (120.6F) for Wednesday here.

Klingonmike...where do you live and do you have a room you'd like to rent out to a fellow Trekkie? Right now I'm looking out my window at a blizzard!!!

Not really, The snow messes up my tanning on the beach! :lol:

That would be nice... for a vaction. But I wouldn't give up the freezing temperatures for anything. Where else would I play hockey with friends outside?? And go snowboarding with friends?? I love the winter.

Klingonmike...where do you live and do you have a room you'd like to rent out to a fellow Trekkie? Right now I'm looking out my window at a blizzard!!!

Sure MrsKirk, come on down! I live in Fort Myers beach, Florida which is in southwestern Florida. The waters warm and the beaches are pretty. My latest hobby now is snorkling, going underwater and collecting seashells and sand dollars.

It is about 50 or 60F here and I have been freezing to death for weeks. Thank goodness that my apartment complex pays for the heat.

It is about 50 or 60F here and I have been freezing to death for weeks.  Thank goodness that my apartment complex pays for the heat.

Oh come on! That's 60F is about 15 degrees Celcius, which is t-shirt weather here! Haha. That's what the temperature was like near Christmas. It felt like spring. Now it's -16 Celcius (3 Farenheit) and -30 Celcius (-22 Farneheit) with the wind-chill. Now THAT'S cold! Lol.

Stardate:21414.3

We are shellshocked here in the Pacific Northwest.We have had 8 inches of snow over the last 2 days and 3-6 inches more are expected tommorow.Plus its 17 degrees(F) right now.We were not prepared for this.It just doesnt get this cold around here.The neighbors pipes froze over and broke and we have been running water to keep ours from freezing.On top of that school was cancelled today because the roads are way too icy.The way the weather is going we probably wont go to school all week.

I hate the cold

Those temperatures are everyday things in the Canadian winters, albeit everything is cold-proof. The lines will never freeze (unless they are outside garden-hose lines that somebody forgot to turn off). Lol

We should've had more snow by now, but instead there's been flash-flooding nearby. ;) We even had a thunderstorm on New Years - that's out of the ordinary for this area. It's just unseasonably warm,,, not that I'm complaining. ;)

For people who complain about the cold these are the conditions for today where I live.

35C or about 120F (MAX TEMP)

74% Relative Humidity

Anyone who thinks that these conditions are more favorable is more than welcome to swap places with me. (If I had the money that is.)

Sure MrsKirk, come on down! I live in Fort Myers beach, Florida which is in southwestern Florida. The waters warm and the beaches are pretty. My latest hobby now is snorkling, going underwater and collecting seashells and sand dollars.

Be careful what you wish for Klingonmike...it just might happen once my back gets healed up. Today we had 4" of snow and I had to call my dad (he lives in the same apartment complex that I do) to clear the snow off of my car so I could hobble to it and drive to the doctor's office. Renting a room from a trekkie who likes to smoke weed and lives where it's warm sounds like a dream come true for me!!!

you people are lucky.

IT IS 35-39 with wind chill BELOW in canada.

You lucky.....

MISTER T

:cool: :devil: :unsure:

Oooo. Another Canadian member. Others include Takara_Soong, Jack_Bauer, Captain_Bolivar, and me. I know there are more but I can't remember exactly whom. Sorry guys. Lol.

WELL ITS BEEN EXTREMELY COLD HERE SINCE THE END OF LAST WEEK THE TEMP FOR TOMORROW IS SUPPOSED TO BE AROUND 20 BELOW (F) THATS BEFORE THE WINDCHILL. I WOULD DIE FOR 50 TO 60 THANK YOU VERY MUCH. :unsure: