Snow Removal

How do you remove your snow?  

16 members have voted

1. 1. How do you remove your snow?

• Shovel
    • Snow-Blower
    • Just let it sit there
    • It doesn't snow where I live

I just got in from shovelling the snow in -20 degrees Celcius (-4 degrees Farenheit). I have a snow-blower and it even has heated handles, but I never use it. I always go for an old-fashioned shovel. I've never really thought why. Lol.

So how do you clear the snow off of your driveway or your deck or whatever?

I shovel..I've never used a snowblower..Luckily I only have a small driveway to clear..

I survived several winters of snow - usuing only a basic shovel. One day I said enough and moved back to Florida. Everytime I am tempted to complain about the heat I reminisce about shoveling snow.

I'm out there with shovel in hand. It's snowing and blowing right now so I'm going to have to shovel again once it quits. I had to shovel a couple of days ago after we got about a foot of snow. Thankfully it was the light and fluffy stuff as this also appears to be. That's not too bad to shovel. It's the wet, heavy that is the back killer.

Honestly? Let it sit there and use it as an excuse not to leave the house. :laugh: Whenever I absolutely need to get out, however, I use the shovel. Also have a pretty good sized driveway.

EDIT: Answer change here; I forgot that once in a while, a guy w/ a bulldozer comes to our neighborhood, and we all pay him to get rid of all the snow from the driveways. It's the easiest way there is. :laugh:

Edited by Ace

I have a friend who works with clearing snow so I just act very friendly against him for a while, and then I tell him to clear my driveway.. It usually works, otherwise I use a shovel :laugh:

Honestly? Let it sit there and use it as an excuse not to leave the house. :laugh: 

I don't know how things are where you live but I was always motived by the fear of a Lawsuit!!! Yes, the fear of being sued if someone slips on your sidewalk has sent many a reluctant shoveler out of doors. We may not have shoveled the entire width of the sidewalk but there was always a clear path from our door to the property line.

CJLP, you shovel before it turns to ice and then you put salt down. If it gets icy then you put more salt down.

I do remember one blizzard once where I would have given anything for a flamethrower - they snowplowed the parking lot and piled all the snow behind everyone car's - it was like digging out of a fortress.

CJLP, you shovel before it turns to ice and then you put salt down.  If it gets icy then you put more salt down.

We don't have a concrete driveway, but rather a gravel driveway in dire need of new gravel. Shovelling would lead to a muddy mess, so I guess I'll vote to leave it be.

CJLP, you shovel before it turns to ice and then you put salt down.  If it gets icy then you put more salt down.

We don't have a concrete driveway, but rather a gravel driveway in dire need of new gravel. Shovelling would lead to a muddy mess, so I guess I'll vote to leave it be.

You live in a rural area don't you? You have the option to leave it alone if you want - if you live in a city you usually have to shovel the sidewalks if not the driveway.

Honestly? Let it sit there and use it as an excuse not to leave the house. :laugh: 

I don't know how things are where you live but I was always motived by the fear of a Lawsuit!!! Yes, the fear of being sued if someone slips on your sidewalk has sent many a reluctant shoveler out of doors. We may not have shoveled the entire width of the sidewalk but there was always a clear path from our door to the property line.

I live in a rural neighborhood with a large yard; rarely is there any reason for anyone to come up to our door. If I were to shovel from the front door to the road, I think I'd need a couple days to recover. :laugh:

I live in a rural neighborhood with a large yard; rarely is there any reason for anyone to come up to our door. If I were to shovel from the front door to the road, I think I'd need a couple days to recover. :laugh:

Hey, riding snowblowers - it's wonder no one's thought of if?

I? I don't remove snow. My father does :laugh: He uses a shovel, so I voted for that.

Mrs. Captain Picard

Personally, I pay to have it done. :laugh:

Seriously - I grew up in a rural setting, but we ALWAYS shovelled. I've lifted many a ton of snow. Otherwise, I lived on a corner of the family farm, and my grandfather used his tractor to do the majority of it. Now that he's 89 and not able to do it himself, my brother plays in the snow with it.

Stardate:2148.8

Well since we dont get that much snow to begin with (about 1-6 inches) I just leave it alone.The rain will remove it for me

i dont live at home anymore so its the wifes responsibility, i went over a couple of times and she told me not too so i guess i have to abstain with an i dont remove snow, but i did use a snowblower when i was home. actually i voted just let it sit there. :)

Edited by cptwright

I don't do snow. I've grown up in San Diego and Phoenix. I've only seen snow once since I was three.

Hey guys. Wave%20Hello.gif

Doing pretty good. Just took a little break, but I'm back. Thought you all got rid of me didn't ya? winker.gif Good to see you guys.

Just when I was starting to enjoy the unseasonable warmth,,, it drops to single digits! :spock: Dunno about y'all, but I'm staying inside.