Sign in to follow this  
Stardreamer

Season 3

Which one do you like most and why?  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Which one do you like most and why?

• The Xindi
    • Anomaly
    • Extinction
    • Rajiin
    • Impulse
    • Exile
    • The shipment
    • Twilight
    • North star
    • Similitude
    • Carpenter Street

Well I know I ask for a hard decision. There are so many awesome episodes but let me know your votes.

My ranking is:

Twilight - such an exciting episode and a very touching one in many aspects

Extinction - Great acting and a typical star trek ending - I love Jon for his decision

Similitude - Very touching, tissues were very needed and again a typical ST topic

The shipment - I love the statement that no everyone from an enemy species is really an enemy

North star is out of this ranking - it's the optical effect *big grin* what counts for me. Jon just rocks!!!

I love them all, but I voted for Capenter Street based off of one scene that I loved.

Click for Spoiler:

The scene where Archer tells T'Pol to untie the guy, which she does. Then Archer punching him and telling her to tie him back up, saying that he did not feel right hitting him while he was tied up. Then when the guys smarts off to him telling T'Pol to untie him again.

I just loved that scene.

Tough choice. I went with Twilight.

Click for Spoiler:

A very exciting episode right from the beginning when we see Earth destroyed..And later we learn what is wrong with Archer and why he isn't the Captain anymore. I also enjoyed seeing both T'Pol and Trip as Captain at different times. Also, I know that it can't happen in the real time line but I enjoyed see T'Pol in a Starfleet Uniform..

Stardate:213937.5

Definitly Twilight.That episdoe just plain blew me away!!!!!Anamoly was also a very good episode as well

Twilight is thus far the best Episode of Enterprise yet. Similitude follows very closly, but Twilight has your attention from the start and never lets go. I can definiantly say that season three has been great thus far.

As much as I admired the tough issues raised with "Similitude," (and the tasteful precursor to episode 15) I'd have to say that Twilight edges it out ever so slightly.

1.)Twilight 2.)Similitude 3.)Anomaly 4.)Impulse (I adored Archer in this ep) 5.)The Xindi--a great beginning to the season and the "misunderstanding" between Trip and T'Pol is priceless. They're both so funny in that scene. :dude:

This is extremely difficult! Twilight edged out Similitude by a heart beat. Both were very moving stories. The rest come very close also. Season 3 rocks!

For those that chose Twilight - what particularly did you like best? Was it the time issue or the glimpses of the future and the battle scenes. Was it the relationship between T'Pol and Archer?

Just curious, everyone seems to have liked it a lot and I only thought it okay so I'm wondering what I missed ;)

For those that chose Twilight - what particularly did you like best?  Was it the time issue or the glimpses of the future and the battle scenes.  Was it the relationship between T'Pol and Archer?

That's a difficult to answer because I cannot say "I like it because this particular thing". The whole episode was just electrifying. Normally I sit back relaxed in my chair and just enjoy the show. While I saw "Twilight" for the very first time I sat very upright and tense. I barely dared to breathe and the episode went in a blur. Afterwards I was so excited and NEEDED someone to talk about. Thanks to Startrekfans.chat I was able to do so.

You asked for particular things I like, ok let me point some scenes out - but what really counts for me is the overall impression of this ep

Click for Spoiler:

- seeing earth destroyed was very impressive. A brilliant special effect. I was totally shocked and thought "uhh what did they do, that cannot be true"

- T'Pol confronting embassador Suval and accusing him the same things Jon always does. Fav quote: T'Pol: I cannot leave them - Suval: Them or him?

- I didn't realize before how important long-term memories are and that they belong to our basic abilities we need to fit in any job. And how stuck we would be without them.

- I liked seeing Trip as Captain, not for a short time and being aware that it's temporary as we have seen it before. I liked the difference in his attitude

- the scene when Jon came back to Enterprise was too touching, I couldn't held back my tears

- the will to fight the Xindi although there was no hope to win. Trip did very well.

- the scene when the bridge was destroyed - shocking!

and there are so many lines I do love like not because of their literal meaning but the way, the tone they were said:

- I could make movie nights mandatory to senior officers

- I feel like a shuttle pod landing on my head

- and of course "Fortunately I don't take orders from you"

I loved Trip being captain in "Twilight" as well. I always enjoy seeing him in command. Trinneer's presence in the command chair reminds me of a young, less hammy Shatner.

Click for Spoiler:

The differences in his personality resonated in terms of story. A few folks complained that he was disloyal for not immediately trusting Phlox near the end and trying (what must have seemed to a 22nd century person who wouldn't take time travel and the like as a given) a bizarre solution about wiping out history completely. Trip as captain was guarding the last human colony in existence; the Xindi ships' threat was imminent. All Phlox was asking was for him to take the weapons off line for a few hours ;) --not a problem with imminent destruction on the way, certainly. ;) The Trip of old might have immediately jumped at the chance to help Archer, no matter how seemingly desperate. Trip who had been captain for nine years and who was guarding the last of humanity should have reacted skeptically. "You know I'd do anything to help the captain, but......"

It made sense in terms of character development that Trip would react that way under such dire circumstances. Sure it turned out badly, but that's how a man who's been captain for nine years with so much at stake should have reacted and I appreciated Sussman for scripting events that way. Trip would have changed after nine years. He still wanted to help Jonathan, but he had other responsibilities and he wasn't the young man who hero worshipped Archer anymore. He thought of the ship and the colony first. A captain should be reluctant to take weapons off line.

Add in Jolene's luminous performance and the fact that seeing Earth destroyed gave the Xindi threat some real teeth and Twilight cast quite a spell on me. I couldn't help but be moved by Jonathan's plight and T'Pol's guilty regret at seeing her captain and friend afflicted as a result of rescuing her. Twilight's story moved me--and I'm someone who usually gags at the implication of any Archer/T'Pol romance. It didn't make me want to see it continue in the present, but in that alternate future it made sense.

Edited by MoulinRouge

Twilight is definitely the best ENT ep. yet, Similtude was great too..

And I almost forgot Anomaly, very good ep.!

I didn't care much for Exile, it wasn't bad, but I think it was not even close to the standard of the other episodes we have seen so far.