Sign in to follow this  
Captain Jean-Luc Picard

New Tricorders!

I loved the hand phasers in Nemesis, I loved the Argo in Nemesis, and of course I loved the tricorders in Nemesis as well (I'm obsessed with latest technology :blink: ).

I think they're looking cool. I'd love to have one of those :lol:

Mrs. Captain Picard

They look better for two reasons. 1. They appear to be more functional that the other tricorders. A tiny screen and a few buttons just didn't seem user friendly for the older tricorders. 2. They don't look dated anymore. The TOS tricorders were updated with the movies. Then TNG came out with it's own tricorder. The same tricorder has been in use for too long. It is too bulky. The new ones look like a pda. The only difference is that it can scan things. To bad the 29th century tricorders now seems more dated that Nemesis tricorders... oh well.

Why was the future destroyed? It takes time for effects to ripple through the timeline. Therefore, the futuristic 29th century is the correct one. This because we see it before the changes are made to it, and those changes are prevented by their time travel, thus the timeline does not get altered.

I like those tricorders. The thing I don't like is how they look too much like PADDs. But other than that they have a very sleek and modern look. Very cool :blink: .

Why was the future destroyed?  It takes time for effects to ripple through the timeline.  Therefore, the futuristic 29th century is the correct one.  This because we see it before the changes are made to it, and those changes are prevented by their time travel, thus the timeline does not get altered. 

That's not entirely accurate.

2377 - Voyager remains in the Delta Quadrant.

2393 - Voyager returns to Earth.

2403 - Admiral Janeway travels back in time.

2377 - Voyagre returns to Earth, 16 years early.

29th Century - Episodes "Future's End" & "Relativity".

From the 29th century's point of view, the timeline where Voyager returned home 16 years early is the correct one. The reason is that the whole "Endgame" fiasco happens "before" the 29th century comes along. Now, if someone had traveled from the 29th century and allterred the 24th century history, "then" the 29th century good guys would know history's been messed with and would know to fix it.:blink:

ARGH - the main rule of time travel - DONT THINK ABOUT IT!

and Captain Bolivar - that is what i meant to say!

Why was the future destroyed?  It takes time for effects to ripple through the timeline.  Therefore, the futuristic 29th century is the correct one.  This because we see it before the changes are made to it, and those changes are prevented by their time travel, thus the timeline does not get altered. 

2377 - Voyager returns to Earth, 16 years early.

From the 29th century's point of view, the timeline where Voyager returned home 16 years early is the correct one. The reason is that the whole "Endgame" fiasco happens "before" the 29th century comes along. Now, if someone had traveled from the 29th century and altered the 24th century history, "then" the 29th century good guys would know history's been messed with and would know to fix it.:blink:

Ok CJLP

PROBLEM

There is a problem with your statement "29th Century - Episodes "Future's End" & "Relativity"."

It is this: End game did not show us the 29th century. It showed us late 23rd century or early 24th century.

We do know that Janeway alters the late 23rd century or early 24th century timeline BUT if we don't want to say that the episode "Relativity" never happened (and we don't because without it VOY cannot obtain the Doctors mobil emitter) we must say that the new timeline created by Janeway is actually the one that creates the timeline in which we see Captain Braxton and those particular tricorders. Or we could say instead that both timelines created by Janeway lead to the same 29th century. Continue reading for an analysis of both theories:

Theory 1

TIMELINE ONE:

A: Voyager goes to Delta quad

B: Voyager returns home after more than 20 years

C: Janeway goes to the past (creates TIMELINE TWO)

D: 29th century is something else

TIMELINE TWO:

B: Admiral Janeway gets Voy home early

C: Results in timeline where Braxton exists

D: Braxton goes to the past (creates TIMELINE THREE)

TIMELINE THREE:

B: Voyager encounters Braxton, Futuristic tricorders from 29th century

C: Admiral Janeway gets Voy home early

D: Results in timeline where Braxton exists

E: Braxton goes to the past (creates TIMELINE THREE)

Theory 2

There is also one more possibility! It doesn't matter which timeline Janeway creates for the late 23rd or 24th century because either one leads to the same 29th century. Theoretically speaking this is possible but highly unlikely. However, I think it is most likely because Braxton's timeshuttle has to be encountered for Voyager to acquire the Doctors mobil emitter. If they do not encounter Braxton it is unlikely that Voyager would have even survived the trip home as the Doctor saved VOY on countless occasions. This would mean that TIMELINE could not exist unless VOY could get home without the emitter.

In conclusion

Either way, the 29th century tricorders DO exist still!

Captain Bolivar

Here's how I see the timeline:

Timeline A

2371: Voyager swept to Delta Quadrant.

2373: Voyager attacked by Aeon, both ships swept into the past.

Timeline B

1969: 29th century timeships, Aeon, crashes on Earth.

1996: Events from "Future's End" occur.

Timeline C

2375: Captain Braxton, from the 29th century, attempts to destory Voyager, revenge for his Temporal Psychosys. (Not gonna go into the "Relativity" timeline mess. B) )

Timeline D

2375: "Relativity"

2393: Voyagre returns to Earth.

2403: Admiral Janeway travels back in time.

Timeline E

2375: "Relativity"

2377: Admiral Janeway arrives from the future to bring Voyager home 16 years early.

So, in conclussion, Timeline E leads to Timelines B & C which lead to timeline D which leads to Timeline E. I dunno if I got that right, it's late. B)

Well I agree that your analysis of the timeline events makes sense, except for your conclusion. I do not see how timeline E leads back to B and C. Also, I don't think you analysis changes the validity of mine as it does not say what happens to the timeline after janeway changes the timeline. I think I could add your analysis to mine to make a more complete series of temporal events, but I will save that for another day. I need to go to sleep.

P.S. sorry for saying you were wrong about the era of the future in future's end. I was thinking that future's end was end game! so I just got the episodes mixed up. Sorry about that. Still doesn't really change me analysis tho.

2377 - Voyagre returns to Earth, 16 years early.

From the 29th century's point of view, the timeline where Voyager returned home 16 years early is the correct one. The reason is that the whole "Endgame" fiasco happens "before" the 29th century comes along. Now, if someone had traveled from the 29th century and allterred the 24th century history, "then" the 29th century good guys would know history's been messed with and would know to fix it.:(

:( For heaven's sakes! Not again.

I like the new tricorders as they look more functional. A wee screen that gives you images: worth 50 times more than a row of flashing LEDs!