Sign in to follow this  
VaBeachGuy

STARTREKFANS.NET Episode Guide

Over the past few weeks we (the Mods and I) have been working on getting an Episode Guide online. Not simply a copy of the STARTREK.COM episode library though, ours will only original reviews of the episodes.

As you can imagine this endeavor is a huge undertaking, there's almost 700 reviews to type up counting the movies. We've only just started so we only have a few reviews online and I don't quite have all of the series sites updated, I still need to make the Voyager and Enterprise pages as well as the Movies page but we're getting there.

To see the episode guide just click the link below:

http://episodeguide.startrekfans.net/

Looks good so far! :laugh:

Thanks, it's a much larger project then I initially anticipated when I formulated the thought to do it several months ago. But it's great fun in doing it.

Looks good so far! :laugh:

Thanks, it's a much larger project then I initially anticipated when I formulated the thought to do it several months ago. But it's great fun in doing it.

If you need help I would be a good helper!

Wow, that is awesome! You're right, it is quite a big project. It's great that you want to do this, and I'm sure it will be a good source of information once it's completed.

If you need any help in writing these things, I would be glad to offer my assistance.

I'm going to be starting to work on my section soon.

I'm sure for those that would like to help out can (we can use all the help we can get)

Master Q

StarTrek_Master_Q@yahoo.com

Over the next week or so we'll be revamping and updating the Episode Guide. The new version will use the forum and will allow individual member reviews of each episode.

We only have a small fraction of "Official" STF reviews completed so the majority of the episodes will have no information until such a time that we get a chance to type our official review but once the new guide is fully set up everyone will be able to type their own review and rate each episode.

We'll be ready to make the guide available soon, once it's available everyone will be able to type their own reviews and give their own opinions.

Other then the usual forum rules that we have (no profanity, no personal attacks etc...) the only rule that we have for the reviews is that any posts made in that forum be a review of the specific episode that you are posting about.

We don't want any discussion of the episodes in those forums, just reviews. So for instance if I type a review for the DS9 episode "In the Pale Moonlight" and you disagree with everything I posted or if you have questions about what I posted don't respond in that thread, start a new thread in the DS9 forum for the discussion or questions.

Each episode will also have a rating poll so you can vote on a scale of 1 to 5 how well you liked or disliked the episode.

We'll be ready to make the guide available soon, once it's available everyone will be able to type their own reviews and give their own opinions.

That is pretty cool.

I'm in the process of opening up the Episode guide right now.

Everyone is invited to submit a review of any Star Trek episode or movie that you wish to.

The only posts that will be allowed in the Episode Guide are reviews of the Episodes or movies, if you wish to have an indepth discussion about some of the details of specific epsiodes please post comments in the proper series forum here: Series Forums

We look forward to reading your reviews of the various episodes from all of the series and movies.

Sounds like fun :P

I've been thinking about starting a new project for the Episode Guide, mostly just for the fun of it.

What I've been looking into is actually turning the Episode Guide into 5 books, each series would be covered in it's own book. I haven't worked out all of the details yet but this is my idea. I would write a series overview for each series along with my thoughts and observations and maybe a season overview for each season. Then there would be an "Official" STF synopsis for each episode. After each synopsis there would be member reviews of the specific episodes.

So if you were to write a review here in the Episode Guide for 5 or 10 (or even all) of the episodes they would also be printed in the book as being "Fan reviews".

I'd do the "Self Publishing" thing to get them published, which I'd likely have to get at least 200 copies printed. I'd offer them for sale here on STF and any sales (if any) would go to support the operation of the board.

Of course I wouldn't be doing it with the thought of selling a lot but I think it would just be something cool to have for the site and anyone that contributed to the book would then be immortalized in print.

Who knows, maybe one day you could walk into a public library in your home town and read your own words in a book lol.

What do you all think?

Does that mean people all around the world will be reading my Voyager reviews? In paper form? :assimilated:

Edited by sea trooper