53 members have voted

1. 1. Who should NOT be in Trek 11?

• The Next Generation
    • Deep Space Nine
    • Voyager
    • Enterprise
    • Mixed Crew
    • New Crew

I voted for no new crew thats just how i feel,if they do make a 11th film then i would only like to see the TNG crew in it.

Anyone heard of the term "Ol' Reliable" Thats what TNG, Voyager and DS9 are. They already proved they have an audience. But, you never can tell a new crew might get it but look at ENT they are a new crew that are about to get cancelled!

I'd really rather not see a new crew. What I'd like best would be a TNG crew with a lot of guest appearances from DS9 and Voyager.

I voted against Ent. However, I'd watch it even if its there. I certainly would like to watch a mixed crew.

I voted against TNG. We've had enough of them. Four movies, and seven seasons! It's time someone else spearheaded the Paramount Star Trek movie movement.

I voted against a mixed crew. There are weekend-Trekkies (which go to see Trek as long as it's in a theater) and then there's series-Trekkies (who prefer a specific crew). A specific-crew Trek movie is the best option for everyone, because weekend-Trekkies will go see it, series-Trekkies will go see it because it has a specific crew, and all other Trekkies will go see it because it's Trek.

I have nothing against a cross-over cameo (like Janeway in Nemesis or Kirk, Chekov, and Scotty in Generations) but if another Trek movie is made (and I'm sure it will) it should stick to one crew. I don't care which, though. I like it all!

Hello. Im back in the hood after a long sebatical. Apologies for my lack of posting in recent months but I have been very very busy and havent had internet facilities. Im amused to see that this old chestnut is still being batted about the table - a movie with a mixed cast of series characters. This is a horrendous idea that lacks origininality and holds on to old dead threads that should just plain be brushed out of Star trek. Having a film where, say, Kirk comes back from the dead due to the power of an evolved Sisko and jumps into a ship with Janeway etc etc to do something is just a load of old twaddle in my opinion. I have read that the Star Trek production team are heading in the direction that I have always approved of: a new movie with new characters set in a different time period. Something that wont leave cinema goers thinking 'oh no, not them off the telly again!' but something fresh and exciting. Im sure with a good director, not an over load of special effects and strong characters, the new Star Trek movies will become almost like a little series in itself that will compliment Enterprise and what has come before but at the same time give us something new and leave us coming back for more. Just my opinion, and no disrespect to those of others.

Yes, prometheus, I agree, to an extent. They should make a movie with a new cast, but then move it on to a series. Kinda like an oposite of the series going into movies.

Either way, a movie with one single crew (and maybe a cross-over cameo) is the best option.

I'm not sure, it's a difficult one. At first I thought a Voyager crew movie wouldn't be a great idea but I think it might actually be able to work. I'll vote for a new crew.

Even though "New Crew" is in the lead for what people don't want to see I think this has the biggest chance of success. Star Trek has used every formula except for a movie spawning a series.

It worked for Battlestar Galactica (the original). It worked for Alien Nation. I think it could work for Star Trek as well.

I'd love to see an all DS9 cast movie, but with the way they scattered them to the four corners of the galaxy at the end of the series, I don't see how it would be possible.

I wish we could have a movie based on the events of the DS9 relaunch series of books ... there is a mix of old and new in that one and the new people are just as interesting to me as the veterans. You have Kira, Bashir, Dax, Nog, Kasidy, Jake and Quark, but you also have Ro Laren added to the mix, plus a few very good supporting characters.

Sisko's return from the Celestial Temple should be at the end and not the beginning. A cameo from Avery Brooks would be more credible and less contrived than his return at the beginning of the movie ... that should be the climax at the end of the film, I think.

I voted no "all-new" cast .... boring.

Edited by gul_nodrog

Keep the old crew, and throw in some crossover between DS9 and Voyager. It would be nice to see what Harry Kim, Seven of Nine, and The DS9 crew were up to.

But i would also like to see the franchise move forward, Peter David's New Frontier series would be a good crossover.

I know they are getting on in years and that it is IMPOSSIBLE,

but I would like to see TOS crew !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:( :wow::wow: B) :laugh::laugh: :( B)