Sign in to follow this  
thinkoutofthebox

Chess

Do you like chess  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like chess

• Yes
    • No

Yes, I do like Chess alot. I haven't played it in a long, long time. I don't even think I have a chess set anymore..I've often considered getting a computer Chess game..Maybe that's the way to go..

Stardate:213806.7

I like Chess, never been really good at it but its fun anyways

I'm not too good at chess, but I still love the game. My favorite variation is the

one-sided reflexive game (I think that's what it's called) - the player plays both sides of the board, but only uses one set of pieces, visualizing the opponents pieces in his head.

Of course, it's not as good at developing skill as playing a better opponent, but it's a great way to relax.

I like chess however i can not realy play because everyone i now ever doesnt like it or doesnt have time rto play. :wow:

:blink:

I love chess. I was member of our local chess club 20 years ago but never had been so good at it.

But I still love the game, unfortunately I do not have someone to play with. Anyone interested in a far distance game via PM/e-mail? But I have to warn you I have forgotten lots of my knowledge about the theories on openings and endings

one of my favorite games of all time is Chess. It's not as difficult to learn as you may think. I've only been playing for about four years, I learned from a friend of mine when I was in high school.

Yes, I do. I actually like playing chess a lot. I used to play it when I was in middle school, but the club met on a day I could not go because of gymnastics practices. Also will play against my sister, brother and mother.

I like chess, I used to be quite good. I'm more of a backgammon player now. Any other backgammon players on the site?

i was taught by my cousin. beat her the first time i played. i haven't played in a while even thought i have a tng chess set where the pieces are represented by the characters. it's pretty cool.

tm :laugh:

I used to play all the time in the service. I'm not terribly good at it, however.

I sometimes play chess on my old Playstation.

I like chess, I never really get a chance to play it that much anymore. Oh, and I'm really, really super bad at it, I'm dead in like one move: It's actually pretty sad.

Any chess players here every play the computer variation, BattleChess? Where the game pieces become animated to move on the board and will go to a battle scene when you take your opponents pieces?

I have a chess game installed in my Palm and I would play chess on it whenever I'm at a meeting and it gets too boring to participate.

I learned how to play chess from my Dad, and actually got quite good at it. In elementary and middle school I was on my school's chess team and participated in several tournaments. I have not had as much time to play lately though, and I have forgotten a lot about stategy and the like, though I still enjoy a good game.

I like chess. I used to play it all the time, but I haven't been able to play it in quite a while. The last time I played was at some gothic after party I ended up going to. I was rather bored, so I became the bartender. And to keep myself entertained I challenged various people I didn't know to games of chess. It was actually quite fun.

I like it, but I rarely meet someone else who does so it is hard to play.

Have you considered playing by email or PM? If I had a chess set right now I'd challenge you. Sadly, I don't have one right now. :P

It's a game that I've always wanted to learn, but never had the patience.

Edited by Gummy

It's a game that I've always wanted to learn, but never had the patience.

The basics are't really that hard.