Sign in to follow this  
amitabhverma8

Pick One Director For Star trek XI movie

which director do you think should direct the next trek movie?  

33 members have voted

1. 1. which director do you think should direct the next trek movie?

• james cameroon
    • steven spieldberg
    • john woo
    • Robert Zemeckis
    • Roland Emerich
    • Ronalnd D Moore and Nick Meyer
    • Leonard nimoy and william shatner
    • jonathan frakes
    • Robert Duncan Mcneal
    • Talented Star Trek fans

so then what do you think who should direct the next star trek movie.

i think we should go for some a A Class director or a Team Consisting or Other STAR TREK CREW what do you think. should we use them or not. what are views regarding it and who is your favorite director to direct then next movie ?

always the best choice because they are familiar with star trek franchise. but if i would have to choose i would choose john for his high flying style and james cameroon for its action. one director i forgot is jerry brukheimer he also good in making an action movie

I voted for Jonathan Frakes. He's a talented director and knows the Trek universe. The episodes he directed of TNG and the FC were all great. I would love to see a director's cut of Insurrection as I understand that is the only one he would like to change to his vision rather than the PTBs.

I went with Leornard Nimoy/William Shatner..They certainly know Trek. I know it'll never happen but it would be interesting to see what they would come up with..

Stardate:213806.7

Frankes did such a wonderful job before I would like to see him do it again

It is of absolute importance to have a director that KNOWS Star Trek well. Secondly, it is wise to stick to those that have shown they have good directorial skills. Shatner didn't live up to that, but both Frakes and Nimoy did. Since Nimoy is done with directing, and doesn't know much about current Star Trek, I think the appropriate choice would be Frakes. He should have done Nemesis. I liked the movie much, but it would have been closer to what Trek is if Frakes directed it. If Frakes wasn't up to it, maybe Burton could direct. He has proven his skill, so have some of the Voyager actors.

It is of absolute importance to have a director that KNOWS Star Trek well.  Secondly, it is wise to stick to those that have shown they have good directorial skills.  Shatner didn't live up to that, but both Frakes and Nimoy did.  Since Nimoy is done with directing, and doesn't know much about current Star Trek,  I think the appropriate choice would be Frakes.  He should have done Nemesis.  I liked the movie much, but it would have been closer to what Trek is if Frakes directed it.  If Frakes wasn't up to it, maybe Burton could direct.  He has proven his skill, so have some of the Voyager actors.

I don't think a director needs to know about Trek. They just need someone with experrience. Trek has high expectations, so why did they have some guy, who only directed 2 movies, direct NEMESIS? :lol:

Edited by Captain Jean-Luc Picard

I voted for Jonathan Frakes.

I mean, he knows the Star Trek series and he has enough experience for directing another movie. I always wonder what he would have done if he had been given the chance to direct Nemesis.

I definitely think a Trek actor should direct the next movie, I think they know better than other directors what the fans would like to see :)

Robert Duncan McNeill, Roxann Dawson or LeVar Burton also seem to be good choices :)

Mrs. Captain Picard

well i would give john logan one chance more if possible but he should be provided the data and what is being like being a trekkie. my other choices would be the cult directors of matrix Larry and Andy Wachowski, Joel Silver and lastly but not least how about jerry brukheimer and ridley scott and tim burton.

well i would give john logan one chance more if possible but he should be provided the data and what is being like being a trekkie. my other choices would be the cult directors of matrix Larry and Andy Wachowski, Joel Silver and lastly but not least how about jerry brukheimer and ridley scott and tim burton.

John Logan (a self-professed Trekkie) wrote the screenplay to Nemesis. The movie was directed by Stuart Baird who knew nothing about Trek.

Nice choices, but I fear we'd either end up with an all-out-action movie, which we just had, or a really dark movie, which we just had. I'd prefer a Trek actor or my vote which I previously posted. I'm hoping #11 will be slower paced and full of color... and starring Admiral Janeway. :)

I say give Robert Duncan Mcneal a shot at the helm, :) he did such a great job on Twilight.

I'd agree. Twilight is IMHO the best episode of Enterprise to date, and I would like to see someone who was involved with Trek get involved, like David Carson (who directed several episodes including DS9's pilot episode) directing Generations.

Speilburg definitely would get peoples attention, but keep in mind that Robert Wise, one of the best directors ever, to direct The Motion Picture, and it just wasn't Star Trek. I would definitly try to choose a director who knew what they were doing on this project.

Speilburg definitely would get peoples attention, but keep in mind that Robert Wise, one of the best directors ever, to direct The Motion Picture, and it just wasn't Star Trek. I would definitly try to choose a director who knew what they were doing on this project.

What? I thought Robet Wise did an excellent job with THE MOTION PICTURE! :)

dedicated ST fans! :) nah, i want Bruckheimer and Speilberg, with the job Bruckheimer did on Armageddon and Speilberg on Jurrasic Park (was it?).....a slower paced movie, in the form of the VOY and the NX-01????

if anybody have the privilages to add more option and more rights to add changes to these polls you do that. you are welcome here. please provide more list of director i forgot. by the way i remember more name. ron howard, ang lee and the george lucas

I think that Spealberg would make a crappy Star Trek film. Don't get me wrong, he's a great director but if he did it then it would become a Steven Spealberg film and NOT a Star Trek film.

Since Nick Meyer has directed the two best trek films to date of course I voted for him. Though I will admit that I would be interested to see what Robert Duncan McNeill would do with a full leangth movie.

I voted Frakes, but I wouldn't mind seeing Nick Meyer do another film, he easily has the best track record of any Star Trek director (with 2 and 6, helping to write 4). McNeill might not be a bad choice and I think LeVar Burton could do an excellent job.

I think it would be interesting to see Spielberg do a film, the man is a visionary.

And although I enjoy Roland Emmerich's films I think if he did a Star Trek film it would be financially successful (as Emmerich's films usually do well). However, I don't think it would be considered a great Star Trek film as his movies are often cheezy (but entertaining).

As for the Wachowski brothers (or soon to be siblings as I believe one is having a sex change), I wouldn't want to see them do Star Trek. I like the Matrix trilogy but they just took the philosophical stuff way too far. The first film's premise was simple enough but still very groundbreaking. The second film was good but there was just too much going on and people didn't get it. Which is why the third film flopped. They also had all these other side stories with the video game and The Animatrix, which fill in the cracks in the stories. However I think the general public doesn't want to invest too much time in trying to understand one film.

Frankly, I don't care as long as Stuart 'The Knife' Baird is kept far away. However, I agree with Logan writing another script, I think he did a good job (he obviously has talent since he wrote Gladiator and The Aviator, two very well received films).

I would like to see a St film with Steven spieldberg as the director,i really think he would do a great job i mean look at his track record,i cant think of one bad film he has made :elephant: