Sign in to follow this  
removed

Can you say 'Wookie'?

:huh: . i CAN NOT WAIT for this to come out. and they are also saying that they will release the clone wars microseries on dvd as well.

Stardate:213866.9

Cool.I liked the original trilogy so i will probably get this.

Bysty that picture is your original post goes so well with the words,its pretty funny too

Sweet.I've always wanted to stay up one day and watch the films back-to-back-to-back....

If the original Trilogy does come out on DVD,then all I'll have to wait for is the release of Episode 3. :lol:

The Star Wars Trilogy

Publisher: Fox/LucasFilm

Publication Date: September is the rumored month

The Pitch: Finally, after a long, long time…

Why it's Going to Rock: After a lot of haggling, nagging, haranguing and pestering, George Lucas seems to have finally gotten the message. The original word was he would wait to do the original trilogy after the third film was released, which is in 2005. No one wanted to wait that long, and apparently, neither did Lucas.

These three films won't be the originals we saw in theaters in 1977, 1980 and 1983. Nor will they be the Special Editions released in 1997, which featured the hated scene with Greedo shooting Han Solo first. Supposedly this new version will have Han shooting first again, but a whole bunch of new effects, including the light saber fight between Obi-Wan and Darth Vader. We shall see, George, we shall see.

From ign.com.

I figured this had enough new info to post. I can't wait!!

I already have the trilogy on DVD.

Lol. Yes I know. But what about the special features? What about the rumoured new scenes? What about the new special effects in some scenes (although I'm not too sure about that)? What about the great feeling of having a non-bootlegged copy? Lol.

I already have the trilogy on DVD.

Lol. Yes I know. But what about the special features? What about the rumoured new scenes? What about the new special effects in some scenes (although I'm not too sure about that)? What about the great feeling of having a non-bootlegged copy? Lol.

These are officially released lasar disc copies that contain everything that was intended to be in them.

As for great feelings, I'd rather have the cash.

But what about a new digital transfer onto the discs? And for the money issue........ you have a point. Lol. But if I really love the movies enough to own them, I make sure I buy them. I dunno. I'm just like that. I do it with music too. (But there are few bands that I do it for. They have to be REALLY good).

But what about a new digital transfer onto the discs? And for the money issue........ you have a point. Lol. But if I really love the movies enough to own them, I make sure I buy them. I dunno. I'm just like that. I do it with music too. (But there are few bands that I do it for. They have to be REALLY good).

These were bought. And like I said, they include all of the material that was intended to be included. They are the new versions of the originals, with the spruced up graphics etc.

These three films won't be the originals we saw in theaters in 1977, 1980 and 1983. Nor will they be the Special Editions released in 1997, which featured the hated scene with Greedo shooting Han Solo first. Supposedly this new version will have Han shooting first again, but a whole bunch of new effects, including the light saber fight between Obi-Wan and Darth Vader. We shall see, George, we shall see.

Interesting. B)

Though Greedo Shooting First Never Bothered Me B)

'Cept For The Sloppy Way It Was Done :rolleyes:

Though Greedo Shooting First Never Bothered Me  :)

I just always thought he did shoot first since I only saw the originals around 2 times before getting the special editions and seeing them hundreds of times. But that scene always did look weird to me. When Han dodges the laser bolt it looks like it's in super-fast-motion. I've even gone through that shot frame by frame and it still looks weird to me.

I CANT WAIT TILL THEY COME OUT ON DVD :)

THERE ARE EVEN RUMORS THAT LUCAS HAS TALKED

TO HARRISON FORD ABOUT DOING PARTS 7 8 9 ;)

:)

THERE ARE EVEN RUMORS THAT LUCAS HAS TALKED

TO HARRISON FORD ABOUT DOING PARTS 7 8 9 :)

:)

SWEET! I've always wondered that since the critical praise on the prequel trilogy is lower than expected, if they would ever do the sequel trilogy which has always been planned. I'll be the happiest guy alive if they make it. (They should do it soon so Harisson doesn't look toooo old).

Star Wars DVD Announcement Next Week?

Can we believe the Rebel Scum?

February 05, 2004 - The gossip mongers at Rebel Scum and TheForce.net are reporting that Twentieth Century Fox and LucasFilm will formally announce the long-rumored Star Wars trilogy on DVD, possibly next Tuesday, February 10.

The Special Edition versions of Star Wars: A New Hope, The Empire Strikes Back and Return Of The Jedi will be released in a four-disc set on September 21. The package would be similar to The Adventures of Indiana Jones set released by Paramount last year, with one film per disc and a separate, fourth disc for extras.

No further details were available. Cross your fingers.

From ign.com.

Sweet. I can't wait until Tuesday.

This is unrelated but it was really funny and Star Wars related so I'll add it here.

I was watching a movie yesterday called "Fools Rush In" starring Matthew Perry and Selma Hayek. Selma's character introduced Matthew's character to a friend of hers. His name was "Chewey", Matthew Perry's character shook his hand and said "Hi Chewey, I'm Luke Skywalker". I laughed so hard.

Anyway, you really need to see it to get how funny it was lol

This is unrelated but it was really funny and Star Wars related so I'll add it here.

I was watching a movie yesterday called "Fools Rush In" starring Matthew Perry and Selma Hayek. Selma's character introduced Matthew's character to a friend of hers. His name was "Chewey", Matthew Perry's character shook his hand and said "Hi Chewey, I'm Luke Skywalker". I laughed so hard.

Anyway, you really need to see it to get how funny it was lol

Lol. I remember that part. It really is very funny.

Wookie

I too have been looking forward to this realease. I like the original Star Wars trilogy. I'll have to pick it up for sure.. :bow:

:bow:

They look great but which is it, a choice? And I thought it was going to be the Special Edition versions but I don't see any mention of that fact on the packages.

They look great but which is it, a choice? And I thought it was going to be the Special Edition versions but I don't see any mention of that fact on the packages.

The 2001 Release Of The SE In New Cases Weren't Labeled As The SE Either.

The SE Are Now Just Considered The Star Wars Trilogy By George Lucas, Without Having To Put SE On The Cover.

Oh.

I've never seen a SE which did not say it was a SE but I'll take your word on it Sam. Can't wait! This would be a good place to use the elephant but I'm gonna pass on it.

No it's not a choice. The front has Luke and friends and the back has Vader. The only different one is the fullscreen version which is gold instead of silver. (You'd think the colours would be the other way around though. Lol.)