Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BakulaBabe

incontinentia's log

Personal Log Stardate 40218.232

Hey, I just became a Captain! Cool! :lol:

We may get a couple of free rose bushes if we get permission to dig them up from our former neighbor's yard. They'll have to be dug up soon, anyway, before the mobile home next to us can be hauled out. Don't know what color they are, but I don't care if they're free!

Although I won't miss my current boss when he leaves, it'll be soooo much worse if one who lives near my store takes over. On the other hand, if "the other choice" takes over, It'll be soooo much better! (I really hope that the "nearby one" is doing so well at his store that he'll be kept there - he's a power hungry bully & a tyrant, and that's the last thing we need.)

Now I'm off to my blog to see if I can make it worth reading.

Thanks, LOTB! Actually, I have a rather "colorful" vocabulary (when I'm not at work), but I try to watch where I use it. If "the dreaded one" (one of two!) becomes my new boss, I'll REALLY have to watch my language!

(Log update - the boss I'm thinking of doesn't actually live that close - that's someone else!)

Personal Log Stardate 40220.0102

Well, there's some weird stuff going on at work. Apparently someone did something because of what someone said or did, or is it something going on because of what someone didn't do, and then said something? :lol: I guess the boss is gone, even though he wrote on the schedule that it wasn't his last day yet. I guess he didn't come in even though he was scheduled, and someone else came in for the day shift who was supposed to be working the night shift, so the mgr. who had the day off had to come in. (?). I asked who was closing on my next night shift and was told it'll be either one or the other of the remaining mgrs. (???). Uh, yeah, OK. :) :lol:

I sure have an interesting job. (?????)

I'm SOOOO glad I have the day off tomorrow.

Personal Log Stardate 40221.165

HAPPY HAPPY JOY JOY!!! :blink:

I just got the news about who the new boss will be - & it's NOT the tyrant!!! I'm SOOOOO happy!!!!! ;) Now I won't have to knock myself out looking for another job! HURRAY!!!

Personal Log Stardate 40225.243

Well, it's been a while since I posted so I guess I should post something...

something

hahaha I crack myself up :vbg:

I have three days off, and there's a big storm comming, so we can't finish the rose-planting & tying-them-to-the-arches. :vbg: .

Since my (literal) "pain in the neck" is getting worse at work, maybe I can convince my new boss to convince the DM to arrange for me to get a 2nd oppinion & further treatment.

HAHAHA I REALLY crack myself up! :vbg:

Personal Log Stardate 40226.243

I don't really want to go back to work after 3 days off, but I suppose I should, especially if I want a paycheck. Guess I should plan on wearing my hair to cover my ears, since I don't know what the new boss will think of my 13 ear piercings! The dress code allows only 2 per ear, but do I care? Well let me think.....uh.....NO!

There's one thing for certain - at least I'll get along with the new`guy better than I did with the last few!

Personal Log Stardate 40313.240

Finally got all the roses planted including two that we got from the yard next to us because the neighbors are gone. Yes, we had permission to take them! We have no idea what color they are, but we don't care because they were free. All we had to do was dig them up. As soon as everything is blooming, I may take some pics & post them.

Since it was my day off, I did almost nothing, except check out the NASA & Hubble sites, go to a nearby mall to look around and have dinner, and update my lame blog. Then I came here & updated my lame personal log. How exciting.

Personal Log Stardate 40314.112

It was certainly a different day at work. No yelling, no swearing, no hostility. A very nice change. And since I've been working more hours, I'm making more money - another very nice change! B)

The roses are still looking good, but I need to get some ladybugs soon, cuz the aphids are starting to appear on the new buds - not good. :)

I had a few political comments, but I think I'll save that stuff for my blog. ^_^

Some day I'll have to start crocheting again, as long as it doesn't cut into my time here too much. ^_^ So many projects, so little time...

Personal Log Stardate 40316.101

Holy Balony, I can't believe the conditions at work today - and it was my day off!!! I called to tell them a friend of mine would be there looking for me, when I heard that the "favor" I did for a co-worker by trading days didn't work out - the co-worker is no longer allowed to do the job since she was reasigned. Oh well, it's always something, especially when jobs and personel are changing every few days. At least it isn't boring! I can hardly wait to go back tomorrow to see what new "balony" they'll come up with.

I think I'll go post something rude in my blog for fun.

Personal Log Stardate - why do I keep posting the Stardate when the posts are automatically dated??? :wow:

Enough with the stardates! The date & time are already there, anyway.

St. Patrick's day was uneventful - no one pinched me for not wearing enough noticable green. Since I'm neither Irish nor Catholic, I don't feel especially obligated to celebrate.

What a waste of my day off, spending most of it with a raging headache :blink: . At least it's almost gone now. Finally.

Strange thing - I couldn't post a reply in a beamed topic. Maybe I can just send a PM. Or I can try again tomorrow.

Two of my new cacti are already starting to dry up & die off. Gee, maybe I should water them more. :o

Personal Log Entry 38

I think I counted that right.

Had to change my mood to "full" tonight, because we just got back from a late breakfast to celebrate the Vernal Equinox. We weren't really hungry, but it seemed like a good idea.

It was actually kinda fun at work, thanks to a temporary manager who is training some people for a new department. He kinda reminds me of Carson on "Queer Eye for the Straight Guy". He's one of the most popular managers we've had, & he'll definitely be missed when he goes back to his own store.

I really need to start crocheting again, so I can get the bags of yarn & thread out from under the living room table. Of course it would help if I spent less time here - OMG, what am I saying?!? :huh:

Personal Log Entry #39

Had a nice day off. NASCAR Nextel Cup was on, and it went well, until Jeff Gordon T-boned another car that got turned around sideways, making it a real short race for #24. :) At least Dale Jr. finished in the top 10, so it wasn't all bad.

Went to a couple of new-age stores, but one is now re-modeled to accomodate more classes and workshops, but less merchandise, so I'll have to cross that one off my list of places to hang out. I'm just not into "readings", "auras", etc. At least my fave store always has interesting stuff. I just wish some of it wasn't so expensive! :tear: Oh well, the gemstone bracelets are cheap, and I can never have too many bracelets!

It's going to be a long week at work, but the extra hours will look good on my paycheck. :nono:

Personal Log Entry #40

Wow, it's been a while. Wish I wasn't so tired after work. At least the pay has been good. I just hope I can get through these last few days of doing management so I can go back to being a simple cashier. The pay won't be quite the same, but I don't need the management stress. :wacko:

Good news - got a funny "Get Smart" birthday card from my brother - very cool!

Personal Log Entry #41

Not much news. We have ANOTHER new manager, traded out from another store - BOO! Also, I decided to change my "official post color" to "salmon", and my "Personal Log Entry" color to "teal".

What excitement. :(

I like the salmon and teal, easier on the eyes. :flex:

Personal Log Entry #42

Yeah, it is! Wish I knew about these "alternate colors" sooner.

Big news, everyone - I'll be using salmon/teal now for my log entries! (slow news day)

Although I'm STILL doing management for another week, I shouldn't complain too much, because the money is good. Stepping down would be WAY better for me mentally & physically, but not so good financially.

*puts down laptop, goes to wall, starts banging head against it*

*hugs incontinentia, hands her a couple advil*

*hugs incontinentia, hands her a couple advil*

Thanks, I needed that. :flex:

Personal Log Entry #43

I FINALLY got the paperwork for my "Qualified Medical Evaluation" for work today - after several weeks of phonecalls & waiting. Now I just have to make an appointment & see what happens. And I don't have to pay for it! :)

Currently watching "Vampire Chronicals" from Full Moon Entertainment. Not bad, but I prefer the "Subspecies" trilogy. That's next on my list of must-get DVD's.

NASCAR tomorrow!!! And it's my day off!!! Too cool :roflmao:

OMG, at the end of Vampire Chronicals, they said there's going to be a 4th Subspecies movie!!! :)

Personal Log Entry # 44

It just ocurred to me that I haven't posted on a Trek thread in a long time. I hardly ever do. Hmmm. :huh:

I'm still considering doing a second blog where I can use all the "bad words" and "bad thoughts" I don't use here or at my first blog - something like an "evil twin" blog. Oh, who am I kidding? It'll be the REAL me blog!!! :clap:

If I stay up much later, I just might do it.

I'm still considering doing a second blog where I can use all the "bad words" and "bad thoughts" I don't use here or at my first blog - something like an "evil twin" blog. Oh, who am I kidding? It'll be the REAL me blog!!! :clap:

If I stay up much later, I just might do it.

:huh:

Personal Log Entry #45

Well, I did it. I have another blog, this time it's for my "evil twin", and it's gonna be lots of fun - for me, at least. Since it has "bad words", I won't include a link to it.

Saw 24 Sunday, & I'm STILL shocked and sad. :) :) I still have to see the tape of tonights episode. Although I want to see it, I'm not looking forward to it. :)

Personal Log Entry #46

Well, my Are You Not Entertained blog has been "cleaned up" a little, and my "other" blog - well, hasn't. One for the good twin, one for the evil twin. Kinda like Data - Lore.

Speaking of Data/Lore, I haven't been "there" in a while - I'm long overdue!

I'm STILL upset about a recent episode of 24. <_<

As much as I love the show, I'm not sure I want to know what'll happen next.

Was going to post again in "5 things you don't know about me", but I couldn't think of 5 things - either I'm too tired, or too boring! :P

Personal Log Entry #47

Work really stinks now. There appears to be a "conspiracy" to get our former manager fired from the store he was tranfered to. It's not enough for "them" to get him transfered, they now want him fired! He doesn't work at our store anymore, he may not even stop by, and he has nothing to do with our daily operations, so what's their problem? Hatred? Vengeance? I can't figure out how to warn him without naming names & getting myself fired. Maybe something will occur to me, especially if anyone from Corporate visits. Hopefully it'll be soon. I'm sure I'll think of something.

Some people just aren't happy unless they can make somebody else unhappy. uhuh.gif It's really sad. Glad to know you're not like that. :)

Some people just aren't happy unless they can make somebody else unhappy. uhuh.gif It's really sad. Glad to know you're not like that. :frusty:

Fortunately I'll have a chance to talk to the boss tomorrow to see what he thinks of the current situation. Although I don't want to get "the vengeful one", in trouble, because I like her, but her public need for revenge against a former boss that I like has made things awkward. Hopefully the new boss will be able to calm things down, and help those with lingering hostility realize that whenever we get a new boss, the problems with the old boss are over. I can vouch for that from personal experience.

Now for some good news (for me, anyway) - apparently, "American Gothic - The Movie" will be made, starring Gary Cole!!! :frusty:

(Info from the Yahoo group "The Knight Breed".)

Personal Log Entries will no longer be numbered - too much bother.

Had a miserable day at work :blink: but at least I got to talk to the boss about "the problem". Fortunately, he agrees with me - what's in the past is over, so get over it & move on. Vengeance serves no purpose, and only causes more problems.

Recently joined a Yahoo Group called "The Knight Breed", dedicated to the Horror genre. Both fun & interesting.

Day off tomorrow! We plan to go to a huge outlet mall to have coffee, shop a little, have more coffee, shop a little more,...

What an exciting life I live. This entry sounds about as flat as I feel. B)

I've now decided to do regular log entries in the usual "salmon", and reponses to comments in teal. How's that for excitement. :)

I'm currently listening to "Audioslave", which really surprises me, because I didn't think I liked "grunge". Next on my shopping list is "Soundgarden".

OH PHOOEY! I didn't do laundry like I should have today - good thing I bought a new blouse today. Speaking of clothes, I now enjoy wearing all black. I NEVER did before. Hmm, I wonder what that indicates. And I also bought yet ANOTHER spring-clip hoop earring - the kind that looks like a pierced earring but isn't. Like I need more of them. I should just get more piercings and get it over with! Lets see, I have 13 ear piercings now, I think I can get at least 2 more in each ear.....