Sign in to follow this  
Theunicornhunter

What is Halloween?

What do you think Halloween Represents?  

42 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think Halloween Represents?

• A Pagan Holiday
    • A Satanic Holiday
    • A Cultural Tradition morphed from a Pagan Holiday
    • A Cultural Tradition morphed from a Satanic Holiday
    • A Cultural Tradition morphed from a Catholic Holy Day
    • A Combination of some of the above
    • An Economic Opportunity for retailers.
    • Other

Myself I feel that it is a combination of the above. I have never felt the holiday to be satanic in any way though. Myself it is probably the most celebrated holiday for me each year as it also happens to be my birthday. I usually spend the day or the friday before going out and spending time with friends and just having fun and relaxing.

I voted A Cultural Tradition morphed from a Pagan Holiday. Just like so many of the "christian" holidays around the year, like Christmas, Easter, even Valentines. (Athough that has been further morphed into corprate heart day...)

Well, a cultural tradition in the U.S., anyway.

Edited by wishfire

I said cultural tradition evolved from pagan holiday, but I do not distinguish paganism, and satanism, in the way I do not distinguish methodists and baptists. I would have said all of the above if that option was available.

I said cultural tradition evolved from pagan holiday, but I do not distinguish paganism, and satanism, in the way I do not distinguish methodists and baptists. I would have said all of the above if that option was available.

276902[/snapback]

That's like saying that satanism and paganism are two forms of the same religion, as methodists and baptists are two form of Christians. Paganism is a generic term that is used to describe many non-mainstream religions, whereas satanism is an adverse form of Christianity.

Edited by wishfire

Wishfire's right mj, paganism and satanism are very different and shouldn't be classified as the same. You should read up on them.

Edited by Matt

A traditional holiday made now fr kids more then anything

Its by Far Satatic When it was started by the Church to celebrate the dead

i think halloween is what ever you make it. i think it's also mostly a time for people to dress up and be someone or thing their not and have a good time either by visiting a haunted house or a party or whatever.

tm