Sign in to follow this  
Takara_Soong

Favourite Riker Episodes

What is your favourite Riker episode?  

43 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favourite Riker episode?

• Hide & Q
    • The Icarus Factor
    • The Vengence Factor
    • A Matter of Honor
    • A Matter of Perspective
    • Future Imperfect
    • Schisms
    • Frame of Mind
    • Second Chances
    • The Pegasus

What is your favourite Riker episode and why? If it isn't on the list, let us know which episode it was.

I voted for Frame of Mind. I think it is Jonathan Frakes' best performance in the series. He was incredible. The storyline can be complicated to follow at times but it is worth the effort.

Riker is my LEAST favorite character!! But, I feel that Frame of Mind was the best of his episodes, so I voted for that one!

I picked Frame of Mind

I’ll post something that I did before . . .

Frame of Mind

Aired: May 3, 1993

Stardate: 46778.1

I think this is the only episode that I never seen until yesterday. I really liked it or that’s what I personally think. The show keeps you on your seat! The most important factor of the show and what makes it good is the frame of reference. The frame of reference is first person from the protagonist point of view. If it was not for that and if it was third person then the show would be in no way as good as this.

Of course there are episodes that are better then this, but this goes on my ‘like list’. The show as I said gives you this point of view from the protagonist and tries to make you as confused as he is.

Master Q

StarTrek_Master_Q@yahoo.com

Well, I put Future Imperfect and then saw that Frame of Mind was there. Oops. So switch mine to Frame of Mind too. Future Imperfect would be second. :wow:

Frame of mind definitly rocked ! But when it comes to Riker...It's Second Chances all the way..Nothing like a good ol' Clone story to heat your heart.

Arrggh!This was a hard choice, but gotta be Second Chance's for the way it paid homage to TOS; The Enemy Within. Hmm, some people accuse ENT of only ever-rehashing old plotlines... _sure.gif

"Hide & Q" -- It was one of Rikers' first chances to prove his leadership in front of crew (away team). His conversation with Q was classic as well.

I never really cared for Frame of Mind, I picked Future Imperfect. Very interesting story. I wonder what happened to Jean-Luc.

I actually like that future better then the Nemesis future.

outtahere.gif

I know, I'm such a bad trekker. :laugh:

As much as I liked "Future Imperfect" (I love the scene in which Riker yells at "Admiral Picard" :lol: :o ), I had to vote for "Frame Of Mind".

The episode is brilliant - Jonathan Frakes is an amazing actor, his performance is absolutely great. I love the episode though it also scares me a bit :lol:

Mrs. Captain Picard

I liked Schisms...The alien abduction is with us in the future too!

But Frame of Mind did show his acting talent better

Of those, I think the best Riker eps are:

1- Second Chances

2- Future Imperfect

3- The Pegasus

4- A Matter of Honor

5- The Vengeance Factor

How the hell can you have a Riker episode poll and not mention Best of Both Worlds?  RIKER SAVED THE FEDERATION!!

When I put the poll together I tried to pick episodes where the "A" storyline was focused on the character. I also didn't want to skew the results because BOBW is one of the best TNG episodes period.

I liked Pegasus. I have to admit, I did sympathise with the Admiral and I have also thought that the Federation got the worst out of the Treaty of Algeron. Cloaking technoogy was too valuable to give up. I love seeing that visual of the Pegasus half bured in rock. Incredible episode.

:frusty:

Edited by William Stryker