Sign in to follow this  
bevfanK

Crusher

In responce to the Crusher vs. Pulaski thread copy and paste (or what ever works) the address below skroll down a little to the "Top Seventeen Reasons why Dr. Crusher is better than Dr Pulaski." and enjoy... :)

http://www.northco.net/~crusher/books.html

Ok so it didn't work the way it was supposed to you have to click on "Top Ten Lists" then it will work..(I think) :)

Enjoy!!

all hail Bev!! :)

I like them both...but I had to laugh at this line: "Bev's voice doesn't make you shudder like nails on a chalk board" (or something...you know which one I mean)

The second season was prob my least fav season cause pulaski was in it!

well, there were some good episodes though like Q who and measure of a man

but other than that, I was so happy when bev came back!

Having Pulaski on board was like when they had admirals that no one liked aboard and everyone was unsure how to act...although she eventualy grew on me *shudder* when she just up and dissapeard I could not have been happier.

I liked Dr. Pulaski after a while. I know the way the writers introduced her caused a lot of people to dislike her instantly. I thought she helped push Data's growth much more than Bev did. Even though they had problems in the beginning, Kate and Data were friends and she did respect and like him.

After watching last night's episode, "Elementary Dear Data", it all came back to me why I disliked the character of Dr. Pulaski. No offense to the actress Diana Muldaur, who goes all the way back to TOS, but she played Dr. Pulaski with all the snootiness of someone who believes they are always superior to everything they encounter. Why she chose to play the part that way I'll never know. She was constantly harping that humans or organic lifeforms are always superior to anything cyborg or computer related and seemed to love to rub Data's nose in that belief. I still respect her as an actress because of her own star trek roots but when she played that character it just came across as snobbish. I would not have more pleased if they got rid of her by having her assimilated by the Borg. It would have been poetic justice.

lol, seeing her assimilated would be pretty ironic. But I think that was the point of her character - to stir things up. I liked her, and I'm glad she came, as it gave the writers a chance for lots of Data episodes, hehehe.

She (Pulaski) was cool I guess but her attitude was more in line with TOS not TNG but it's not entirely out of the range of possibility personalities like hers were around during that time, we saw others like her, right?

Aw, Bev rocketh. Much more than Pulaski. She was always so mean to Data. And just because he was an android. Doesn't seem right, to me. It's like... she had this kind of attitude that just because he doesn't have feelings it means that she can't hurt them and she can say anything she wants to him. Well... I just don't think that's right. And she always seemed like she had a superior attitude. And she was so darn stubborn. That one time she was convinced those kids weren't the cause of some disease... and she just had to find out and proove herself... Yeah, she really got what was coming to her. I'm glad they figured out a way to help her, though... I don't like it when people die. But yeah, I like Crusher so much better.

When I first saw her, I was pretty much outraged. I kept on yelling at the TV (because, you know, that really makes a difference.) but the more I saw of season two and and the more I considered it, I liked her more. I just think she had more personality than crusher, in some ways...

I think if Crusher had been there for the second season they could have used her personality to challenge Data without insulting him.. that has really bugged me.. I mean maybe Bev could have challenged Data by learning express himself through dance.... :) hey thats not a bad idea.. sorry I'm a little wierd.. I talk to myself sometimes... :laugh: I think I've said before that I gag when I watch second season eps.. I try and mute it when possible.. "nails on a chalk board"... ok I'm done ranting(for now) :laugh:

all hail Bev!! :lol:

I'm not sure about that. I can't really think of any episodes where Bev did anything to challenge Data and further his development. I'm in the minority but I liked Kate Pulaski more than Beverly Crusher.

writers can do whatever they want... and I know they didn't all I'm saying is there was that possibility...I'm done I've made my point clear(I hope) and I'm done...

dont be offended, bevfank! ITs a matter of opinion, and Crusher has way more fans than Pulanski...just because we're not two of them,,,,

I would have liked Crusher more if the writers hadn't been so wishy-washy regarding her relationship with Picard. I did NOT want a romance between the two. I think their friendship was much more powerful than any romantic relationship would have been.

Regarding Kate Pulaski, I think Data really respected her and did consider her to be a friend (he did invite her to his first poker game).

he invited her? cool.

They were a little weird about her 'ship with Picard - it was as though they could never really decide what they wanted to happen with it (however, I DO think it would have been nice if they had gotten together)

he invited her? cool.

Since it was the very first poker game and it was in Data's quarters, I am making the assumption that he invited her which seems to be a logical assumption.

I definitely preferred Crusher. She always had a warmer personality, you know like a doctor is supposed to have. Pulaski should have been a research scientist not a doctor, she had no bedside manner at all.

hmmm....that's an interesting idea. Beverly did have more of a doctoring personality...but I still have to say I liked Pulanski better (Crusher was great too, though)