Sign in to follow this  
Stephen of Borg

Actor David Carradine Dead At Age 72

Oscar-nominated actor David Carradine, best known for his leading role of Kwai Chang Caine on TV's Kung Fu in the 1970s, died Wednesday in Bangkok, where he was shooting a film, his manager confirmed Thursday. The star was 72.

According to manager Chuck Binder, the movie's producer went to Carradine's hotel room and found that he had passed away. Binder told Fox News the death is "shocking and sad. He was full of life, always wanting to work ... a great person."

Married five times and divorced four - he is survived by his widow, Annie Bierman, whom he married in 2004 - Carradine was nominated as Best Actor for his role as folksinger Woody Guthrie in 1976's Bound for Glory. Among his later screen roles was in Quentin Tarantino's Kill Bill, in which he played Bill.

http://www.imdb.com/news/ni0817508/

sad :rantoff:

Edited by Stephen of Borg

According to manager Chuck Binder, the movie's producer went to Carradine's hotel room and found that he had passed away

This article doesn't mention the fact that Carradine committed suicide by hanging himself in the closet. How ironic that the movie he was getting ready to start shooting was titled..........."Stretch"?

Very sad case. Everyone seems genuinely shocked that he killed himself. I think the last thing I saw him in was when he played Wild Bill Hickok on "Deadwood".

According to manager Chuck Binder, the movie's producer went to Carradine's hotel room and found that he had passed away

This article doesn't mention the fact that Carradine committed suicide by hanging himself in the closet. How ironic that the movie he was getting ready to start shooting was titled..........."Stretch"?

Very sad case. Everyone seems genuinely shocked that he killed himself. I think the last thing I saw him in was when he played Wild Bill Hickok on "Deadwood".

I don't think it's a confirmed suicide at this point. There are rumours/theories that is may be some sort of auto-erotic asphyxiation gone wrong based on the fact that a second (or possibly the same) rope has been mentioned tied around part of his body (I'm not gonna say which, but I think it's pretty much implied).

Anyway, still sad. RIP

I don't think it's a confirmed suicide at this point. There are rumours/theories that is may be some sort of auto-erotic asphyxiation gone wrong based on the fact that a second (or possibly the same) rope has been mentioned tied around part of his body (I'm not gonna say which, but I think it's pretty much implied).

Anyway, still sad. RIP

Yeah, you'd assume that hanging would implicate suicide but there seems to be some strange circumstances in this case. At the very least it sounds like "death by misadventure" or even murder made to look like suicide.