Sign in to follow this  
Takara_Soong

NHL HOCKEY POOL

Here are the standings as of games played November 23, 2003:

NHL Hockey Pool

I wish I could have seen the Tampa/Carolina game. Finished up a 0-0 tie and the Bulin Wall was standing tall. The Hurricanes outshot the Lightning 37-21 for the game including 8-1 in the overtime period.

Here are the standings up to and including games played November 25, 2003:

NHL Hockey Pool

Injury Report and Updates:

Calgary: Goaltender Roman Turek (MCL sprain) is expected to be sidelined until at least early January.

Chicago: Center Alexei Zhamnov (back surgery) is expected to be sidelined until at least late November. Goaltender Jocelyn Thibault (hip) is sidelined indefinitely.

Colorado: Left wing Paul Kariya (wrist) and center Peter Forsberg (stomach muscle) are sidelined indefinitely.

Detroit: Ray Whitney (groin) is day-to-day.

Edmonton: Goaltender Tommy Salo (hip) missed Tuesday's game against Columbus and is day-to-day.

Los Angeles: Right wing Zigmund Palffy (facial) missed Tuesday's game against New Jersey and is day-to-day.

Ottawa: Right wing Martin Havlat (hamstring) missed Tuesday's game against Atlanta and is day-to-day.

Philadelphia: Center Jeremy Roenick (back) is day-to-day.

Phoenix: Right wing Mike Johnson (shoulder) is sidelined indefinitely.

Pittsburgh: Center Mario Lemieux (hip) is sidelined indefinitely.

St. Louis: Defensemen Al MacInnis (eye) is sidelined indefinitely.

Toronto: Right wing Alexander Mogilny (hip) is day-to-day.

Washington: Center Michael Nylander (broken leg) is sidelined indefinitely.

and i pull into last place. lol. i think i may have to do some trades (however i dont think i still have 3 left. unless i read the rules wrong at the beginning. i was under the impression that we could have 3 trades total. im pretty sure i have made one trade at least. but im also sure i still have at least one left so......)

i would like to trade Al Macinnis for Sergi Gonchar.

and i pull into last place. lol. i think i may have to do some trades (however i dont think i still have 3 left. unless i read the rules wrong at the beginning. i was under the impression that we could have 3 trades total. im pretty sure i have made one trade at least. but im also sure i still have at least one left so......)

i would like to trade Al Macinnis for Sergi Gonchar.

You were correct. You've made 2 trades so far. I make a note of them on the original team post if anyone isn't sure how many they have made.

Here are the trades you've made bysty:

Al MacInnis traded for Nicklas Lidstrom - October 19/03.

Paul Kariya traded for Mario Lemieux - October 23/03.

Injury Update:

Edmonton: Goaltender Tommy Salo (hip) is sidelined indefinitely.

Ottawa: Defenseman Wade Redden (back spasms) is questionable for Thursday's game

NY Rangers: Right wing Anson Carter (wrist) is day-to- day

Toronto: Right wing Alexander Mogilny (hip surgery) is expected to be sidelined until at least late January.

Washington: Right wing Jaromir Jagr (groin) is day-to-day.

ya. (i never should have aquired lemieux. ugh.)

now that ive already traded macinnis, now i need to think of someone else to boot to get some points. lol.

Oh Mighty Commissioner Takara, I beseech thee: Please let me drop Forsberg and add Markus Nasland. I would be ever so grateful. :(

On to other matters. How the Sam Houston did I end up in first place? I know I have plenty of experience in fantasy sports, but I know squat about hockey. I guess this proves it is not what you know, but what resources you know! :lol:

Oh Mighty Commissioner Takara, I beseech thee: Please let me drop Forsberg and add Markus Nasland. I would be ever so grateful. B)

On to other matters. How the Sam Houston did I end up in first place? I know I have plenty of experience in fantasy sports, but I know squat about hockey. I guess this proves it is not what you know, but what resources you know!  :lol:

I've updated my records to indicate the trade Ed.

Just don't get too cocky, there's still a little over 4 months to go. :(

Takara, I'd like to make a couple if trades.

As much as I like Mogilny with him injured it buts a drag on my team

So I'll trade Mogilny for Todd Bertuzzi.

I'll also trade Martin St. Louis for Alex Tanguay.

Hopefully, those trades will put me into first place.

Takara, I'd like to make a couple if trades.

As much as I like Mogilny with him injured it buts a drag on my team

So I'll trade Mogilny for Todd Bertuzzi.

I'll also trade Martin St. Louis for Alex Tanguay.

Hopefully, those trades will put me into first place.

I've made the changes to my records, Jack. Good luck.

Here are the updated standings to and including games played December 8, 2003:

NHL Hockey Pool

ddillard made two trades today as indicated on his team post so he has now made his trade allotment for the season.

Injury Report:

Anaheim: Defenseman Sandis Ozolinsh (hip pointer) is day- to-day.

Calgary: Goaltender Roman Turek (MCL sprain) is expected to be sidelined until at least early January. Center Craig Conroy (knee) is sidelined indefinitely.

Chicago: Goaltender Jocelyn Thibault (hip) and center Alexei Zhamnov (back surgery) are sidelined indefinitely.

Colorado: Left wing Paul Kariya (wrist) and center Peter Forsberg (stomach muscle) are sidelined indefinitely.

Columbus: Defenseman Jaroslav Spacek (groin) is day-to-day.

St. Louis: Defenseman Al MacInnis (eye) is sidelined indefinitely.

Tampa Bay: Defenseman Dan Boyle (concussion) is day-to-day.

Toronto: Right wing Alexander Mogilny (hip surgery) is expected to be sidelined until at least March.

Vancouver: Left wing Markus Naslund (groin) is day-to-day.

Yeah, bysty and you're not doing so hot in the other pool on yahoo. You know, the one that therabidirishman started. No big deal, its just for fun anyway.

Yeah, bysty and you're not doing so hot in the other pool on yahoo. You know, the one that therabidirishman started. No big deal, its just for fun anyway.

Ya I havent even been to the Yahoo pool in sooooo long. That one I stopped caring about after it picked my team for me. I thought that was pretty weak. Lol.

Takara, I am still showing Nylander on my team, and did you make the other trades that I sent?

The trades have all been made. You're updated team is shown in this thread. In the Excel spreadsheet he is still listed because the points he got before the trade are counted in your totals. The players you traded for points total start from the date of the trade so if you traded for a player who had 14 points on the day of the trade those 14 points do not become part of your total.

Here are the updated standings up to and including games played December 18, 2003:

NHL Hockey Pool

Sorry for the delay in updating the standings. My only excuses are Christmas and writing.

Injury Report:

Anaheim: Defensemen Sandis Ozolinsh (rib cage) is probable for Friday's game.

Calgary: Goaltender Roman Turek (MCL sprain) is expected to be sidelined until at least early January. Center Craig Conroy (knee) is sidelined indefinitely.

Chicago: Goaltender Jocelyn Thibault (hip) and center Alexei Zhamnov (back surgery) are sidelined indefinitely.

Columbus: Defenseman Jaroslav Spacek (groin) is day-to-day.

Detroit: Left wing Ray Whitney (groin) is probable for Friday's game.

St. Louis: Defenseman Al MacInnis (eye) are sidelined indefinitely.

Toronto: Right wing Alexander Mogilny (hip surgery) is expected to be sidelined until at least March.

Washington: Right wing Jaromir Jagr (lacerated left hand) is expected to miss Friday's game against Toronto. Center Michael Nylander (broken leg) is sidelined indefinitely.

Sorry about that. This is the first one of these that I have ever been part of.

And BTW what is a puck? :laugh: just kidding

Sorry for the delay in getting updated standings posted. My excuse - the holidays. LOL

Standings up to and including games played December 31, 2003:

NHL Hockey Pool

Injury Report and Updates:

Anaheim: Defenseman Sandis Ozolinsh (shoulder) is expected to be sidelined until mid-March.

Chicago: Goaltender Jocelyn Thibault (hip) is sidelined indefinitely.

Colorado: Left wing Paul Kariya (wrist) is sidelined indefinitely.

Columbus: Jaroslav Spacek (groin) is sidelined indefinitely.

Los Angeles: Goaltender Roman Cechmanek (left hip) is sidelined indefinitely.

Montreal: Center Saku Koivu (concussion) missed Wednesday's game against Dallas and is day-to- day.

New York Islanders: Center Alexei Yashin (lacerated right forearm) is expected to be sidelined until late February.

New York Rangers: Right wing Anson Carter (ribs) is day-to-day.

St. Louis: Right wing Pavol Demitra (whiplash) is expected to miss Thursday's game. Defenseman Al MacInnis (eye) is sidelined indefinitely.

Well I'm in last place. Haha. Oh well. At least the Oilers beat Vancouver (after sucking so terribly bad for so terribly long).

How 'bout dem Hockey Borg?! ;) :) :) :) :) :) ;):bow:;);) :) :) ;)

(The sound you hear is thousands of Borg applauding. You don't hear anything? That's what it sounds like!)

Just further proof that good old American know-how can beat the Canadians at their own game! (just trying to get the "hosers" riled up!)

In the immortal words of General Zod, from "Superman II":

Is there no one on this planet to challenge me?
Edited by edmcgon

I will challenge you. I'm only 15 points back.

And as for that American-Canadian comment, well I won't even touch that. It's a little too easy.

And bysty, you're not last. The Redneck Romulans are still 3 points behind you.

I will challenge you. I'm only 15 points back.

And as for that American-Canadian comment, well I won't even touch that. It's a little too easy.

And bysty, you're not last. The Redneck Romulans are still 3 points behind you.

Lol. Ya but I think I'm going to stick to ESPN NHL on my XBOX. It's a blast.

And that Canadian burn... weak. Lol. We all know Canadian hockey players are far superior to the American ones.

Here are the standings as of games completed on January 10, 2004:

NHL Hockey Pool

I had to make a slight adjustment to EdMcGon's total - I discovered he was still collecting points for Peter Forsberg after he had traded him for Markus Naslund. However, Jack_Bauer's post where he said Ed was ahead by 15 is correct.

Injury Reports:

Anaheim: Defenseman Sandis Ozolinsh (shoulder) is expected to be sidelined until mid-March.

Chicago: Goaltender Jocelyn Thibault (hip) is sidelined indefinitely.

Columbus: Defenseman Jaroslav Spacek (groin) is sidelined indefinitely.

Dallas: Center Mike Modano (groin) is sidelined indefinitely.

Los Angeles: Right wing Zigmund Palffy (dislocated right shoulder) is sidelined indefinitely.

NY Islanders: Center Alexei Yashin (lacerated right forearm) is expected to be sidelined until late February.

Pittsburgh: Center Mario Lemieux (hip surgery) is expected to miss the remainder of the season.

St. Louis: Defenseman Al MacInnis (eye) is sidelined indefinitely.

Toronto: Defenseman Tomas Kaberle (shoulder) is expected to be sidelined until late January. Right wing Alexander Mogilny (hip surgery) is expected to be sidelined until at least March.

And that Canadian burn... weak. Lol. We all know Canadian hockey players are far superior to the American ones.

Of course Canadian hockey players are better. Because of this, I would fully expect Canadians to be better at fantasy hockey than Americans. Apparently, this is NOT the case.

Just further proof that good old American know-how can beat the Canadians at their own game!  (just trying to get the "hosers" riled up!)

I

HEY

AS A CANADIAN, I SERIOUSLY RESENT THAT. WE ARE FAR BETTER AT HOCKEY THEN AMERICA, THEY SUCK (EDITED BY MODERATORS) AND BTW WE ARENT HOSERS,U INSULTED US, WE INSULT U. VBG, THATS FAIR.

Edited by TransporterMalfunction