Sign in to follow this  
Takara_Soong

NHL HOCKEY POOL

Okay, let's just leave it at that. We don't want to turn this hockey pool into an insult contest.

Oh, for the record.

The average score among Canadian participants (myself, bysty and Takara Soong) is 413.

The average score among American participants (the remaining 11, whom I assume are all American, some profiles do not specify) is 382.

I thought that might finish off the argument. And yes, I realize 3 vs. 11 is not necessarily a fair comparison.

Edited by Jack_Bauer

Just further proof that good old American know-how can beat the Canadians at their own game!  (just trying to get the "hosers" riled up!)

I

HEY

AS A CANADIAN, I SERIOUSLY RESENT THAT. WE ARE FAR BETTER AT HOCKEY THEN AMERICA, THEY SUCK (EDITED BY MODERATORS) AND BTW WE ARENT HOSERS,U INSULTED US, WE INSULT U. VBG, THATS FAIR.

LOTB,

I was just teasing. I am truly sorry if you were offended.

Just further proof that good old American know-how can beat the Canadians at their own game!  (just trying to get the "hosers" riled up!)

I

HEY

AS A CANADIAN, I SERIOUSLY RESENT THAT. WE ARE FAR BETTER AT HOCKEY THEN AMERICA, THEY SUCK (EDITED BY MODERATORS) AND BTW WE ARENT HOSERS,U INSULTED US, WE INSULT U. VBG, THATS FAIR.

LOTB,

I was just teasing. I am truly sorry if you were offended.

It was just a joke LOTB. I am Canadian as well, along with Jack_Bauer, Takara_Soong, Captain Bolivar, and others. It was not meant to be offensive.

Lol. Oh we'll show you Edmcgon. Just wait. When the season is over we'll win. You'll see. B)

I thought that might finish off the argument. And yes, I realize 3 vs. 11 is not necessarily a fair comparison.

LOL Well you have to look at actual participation though, I did make a team but aside from that I had forgotten about it.

BTW is it still Hockey season?

Sorry for the delay in getting the updated standings for the hockey pool posted. You can thank EdMcGon for lighting the fire under me to do it. He told me if I didn't do it, he wouldn't let Lessa come out to play with me. B)

Here it is for games concluded on January 23, 2004:

NHL Hockey Pool

NOW I'm last. Hockey in Edmonton just plain sucks this year I geuss.

(Just got back from a very VERY disappointing Oilers game)

Sorry for the delay in getting the updated standings for the hockey pool posted. You can thank EdMcGon for lighting the fire under me to do it. He told me if I didn't do it, he wouldn't let Lessa come out to play with me.  B)

NHL Hockey Pool

Takara,

No injury lists? No playing with Lessa today! B)

Oh, and before I forget: I'M NUMBER 1!!!!! (had to get that in) B)

Sorry for the delay in getting the updated standings for the hockey pool posted. You can thank EdMcGon for lighting the fire under me to do it. He told me if I didn't do it, he wouldn't let Lessa come out to play with me.  B)

NHL Hockey Pool

Takara,

No injury lists? No playing with Lessa today! B)

Oh, and before I forget: I'M NUMBER 1!!!!! (had to get that in) B)

Lol. You go Edmcgon! Tell those Soongs!

Only back by 12 now. Watch your back edmcgon. LOL

In the immortal words of Alfred E. Newman:

What? Me worry?

If you've seen 24, you know that Jack Bauer will never give up.

So be afraid. Very afraid. :clap:

Jack's got a point there, Edmcgon. Lol. :)

Here are the updated standings for the NHL pool. Results are as of February 3, 2004.

NHL Hockey Pool

Injury Report

Anaheim Defenseman Sandis Ozolinsh (shoulder) is expected to be sidelined until mid-March.

Chicago Goaltender Jocelyn Thibault (hip) is sidelined indefinitely.

Columbus Center Andrew Cassels (foot) is sidelined indefinitely.

Los Angeles Right wing Zigmund Palffy (dislocated right shoulder) is expected to miss the remainder of the season.

NY Rangers Defenseman Tom Poti (back spasms) is day-to-day.

Ottawa Defenseman Zdeno Chara (upper body) is day-to-day.

Phoenix Right wing Mike Johnson (shoulder) is sidelined indefinitely.

Pittsburgh Center Mario Lemieux (hip surgery) is expected to miss the remainder of the season.

St. Louis *Right wing Pavol Demitra (hip) is expected to miss Wednesday's game against Edmonton. Al MacInnis (eye) is sidelined indefinitely.

Toronto Goaltender Ed Belfour (back) is day-to-day. Right wing Alexander Mogilny (hip surgery) is expected to be sidelined until at least March.

Vancouver Defenseman Ed Jovanovski (shoulder) is sidelined indefinitely.

Washington Defenseman Sergei Gonchar (shoulder) is expected to be sidelined until late February. Center Michael Nylander (broken leg) is sidelined indefinitely.

Holy moly Batman, I think half my team is on the injury list!!! Sigh!!!

Only back by 12 now. Watch your back edmcgon. LOL

Jack,

Up to 22 now. Should I start worrying? ;)

Congrats to my Hockey Borg for being the first (and so far only) team to break the 600-point barrier! :laugh:

Once again I apologize for the delay in updating the standings. So without further delay here are the standings to and including games played February 21, 2004.

NHL Hockey Pool

Injury Report

Anaheim: Defenseman Sandis Ozolinsh (shoulder) is expected to be sidelined until mid- March.

Atlanta: Left wing Vyacheslav Kozlov (strained shoulder) is sidelined indefinitely.

Chicago: Goaltender Jocelyn Thibault (hip) is sidelined indefinitely.

Colorado: Center Peter Forsberg (hip) is day-to-day. Defenseman Rob Blake (hairline fracture in left leg) is sidelined indefinitely.

Columbus: Center Andrew Cassels (foot) is sidelined indefinitely.

Detroit: Goaltender Curtis Joseph (sprained right ankle) is day-to-day.

Los Angeles: Goaltender Roman Cechmanek (groin) will miss Saturday's game against Columbus. Right wing Zigmund Palffy (dislocated right shoulder) is expected to miss the remainder of the season.

NY Islanders: Center Alexei Yashin (lacerated right forearm) is expected to be sidelined until late February.

Philadelphia: Center Jeremy Roenick (shattered jaw) is sidelined indefinitely.

Phoenix: Right wing Mike Johnson (shoulder) is sidelined indefinitely.

Pittsburgh: Center Mario Lemieux (hip surgery) is expected to miss the remainder of the season.

St. Louis: Defensemen Al MacInnis (eye) is sidelined indefinitely.

Toronto: Goaltender Ed Belfour (back) is day-to-day.

Vancouver: Left wing Markus Naslund (concussion) is expected to be sidelined until late February. Defenseman Ed Jovanovski (shoulder) is sidelined indefinitely.

Washington: Center Michael Nylander (broken leg) is sidelined indefinitely.

Hope it is not to Late to join this little pool.

SFMC

bf2.jpg

Forwards:

JAROMIR JAGR

VINCENT LECAVALIER

BRAD RICHARDS

MARTIN ST. LOUIS

TEEMU SELANNE

MIKE JOHNSON

Defense:

DAN BOYLE

MATHIEU SCHNEIDER

DEREK MORRIS

TOM POTI

Goalies:

NIKOLAI KHABIBULIN

J GIGUERE

bf2.jpg

And if anyone can guess the team the majority of my players come from then you will have my overall Favorite NHL team.

Entry into the pool officially closed when the season started but I can keep tabs of your team unofficially. In other words I'll include your team in my updates but you won't be able to win.

Well, Dufray, I would guess that you favourite team is the Tampa Bay Lightning as you have 5 of them on your roster:

VINCENT LECAVALIER

BRAD RICHARDS

MARTIN ST. LOUIS

DAN BOYLE

NIKOLAI KHABIBULIN

Personally, I have nothing against the Lightning.

(RANT)The only thing I don't like about them (well not them, the entire Southeast division really. Well, not even the division, the playoff format) is how easily they get home ice advantage.

For instance, look at the current standings:

1. Ottawa 81

2. Philadelphia 80

3. Tampa Bay 76

4. Toronto 80

5. Boston 78

6. New Jersey 76

7. Montreal 68

8. NY Islanders 68

9. Buffalo 63

10. Florida 60

11. Atlanta 56

12. NY Rangers 55

13. Carolina 53

14. Washington 48

15. Pittsburgh 31

Tampa is automatically given third spot because they lead the weakest division in the league, and believe me it is the weakest (Playoff teams by division: Northeast=4, Atlantic=3, Southeast=1, Central=2, Northwest=3, Pacific=3). Now, I'm not saying Tampa is a bad team, they're actually very good but they have not earned the spot they're in. Without the current playoff format, Tampa would be fighting just for 6th. Although, they would still only 5 points back of first (Which is better than other years). I'm not complainig about Tampa Bay but rather the NHL playoff system.

Of course, in my opinion the system is designed to keep all the Canadian teams from getting home ice advantage. Think about, with all the Canadian teams is two divisions they can't possibly all earn home ice thus ensuring that more or at least equal American teams have home ice (RANT).

Anyway, I like the Lightning (one of very few Eastern Conference teams I like) I just hate the system which gives them an undeserved advantage but they are still a good team. Hopefully, you can see my point. Sorry for getting away from the focus of the Hockey Pool thread.

Sorry for getting away from the focus of the Hockey Pool thread.

No problemo Jack. Back on topic:

THE HOCKEY BORG ARE WINNING!!!!! (you have been assimilated):tear: :lol: :andorian::waaaa:

Yeah, your team is doing really well. I don't think there is anyway I can catch you at this point in the season. Of course, the gap between me and third place is about the same as the gap between you and me. So I'm fairly certain that I've got second place locked up. Not bad for a team named after the most doomed people in the history of Star Trek (The Red Shirts).

I won't stop trying to catch you, but I'm not counting on it. But hey, anything can happen.

Edited by Jack_Bauer

Here is the updated pool results as of games completed on February 28, 2004:

NHL Hockey Pool

Injury Reports

Anaheim: Defenseman Sandis Ozolinsh (shoulder) is expected to be sidelined until mid-March.

Atlanta: Left wing Vyacheslav Kozlov (strained shoulder)is sidelined indefinitely.

Chicago: Goaltender Jocelyn Thibault (hip) is sidelined indefinitely.

Colorado: Center Peter Forsberg (hip) is day-to-day.

Detroit: Goaltender Curtis Joseph (sprained right ankle) is day-to-day.

Los Angeles: Goaltender Roman Cechmanek (groin) is day-to-day. Right wing Zigmund Palffy (dislocated right shoulder) is expected to miss the remainder of the season.

New Jersey: Defenseman Brian Rafalski (right leg) is day-to- day.

New York Islanders: Center Alexei Yashin (lacerated right forearm) is expected to be sidelined until late February.

Philadelphia: Center Jeremy Roenick (shattered jaw/concussion) is sidelined indefinitely.

Pheonix: Right wing Mike Johnson (shoulder) is sidelined indefinitely.

Pittsburgh: Center Mario Lemieux (hip surgery) is expected to miss the remainder of the season.

St. Louis: Defensemen Al MacInnis (eye) and Barret Jackman (shoulder) is sidelined indefinitely.

Vancouver: Defenseman Ed Jovanovski (shoulder) is sidelined indefinitely.

Here are the updated standings as of March 14, 2004. Sorry for taking so long. No excuse other than I was lazy. icon19.gifUneasy.gif

NHL Hockey Pool

I've done the injury report a little different this time. When you open the spreadsheet you will notice that some players have a little red triangle in the upper right-hand corner of their cell. This indicates the player is injured. If you move the cursor to the cell a little box will come up and say what the injury is and how long the player will be out.

Takara,

Been playing with Excel, aye?  :)

Discovering new things everyday. HeheWink.gif You'll have to watch out now too - I reorganized all my smilies today so I now have something for every occassion and situation.

Now if I could only figure out how the darn vacuum works. Hum.gif

I here by tip my hat to edmcgon. Well played.

I can't believe I lost a hockey pool to a guy from Georgia :laugh: , no offense. I just don't associate Georgia with hockey knowledge.

Any chances of a playoff pool, Takara? Maybe get some of the new Canadian members in who weren't here when this one started.