Sign in to follow this  
Takara_Soong

NHL HOCKEY POOL

Here are the standings as of games played October 12.

NHL Hockey Pool

If you see any errors, please let me know. I did discover (and correct) a couple of formula errors which changed a couple of people's totals. I am going by game summaries now but once a week I will check player by player to make sure I haven't missed any points.

I don't have the right software installed on my computer to read the Excel spreadhseet.... :)

I had dill test the link for me and he didn't have Excel on his computer and it worked so no fear. He told me that it opened an Excel viewer for him so he could view the spreadsheet.

Great.I'll give it a go.

The link will take you, I hope, to a Excel spreadsheet (I love Excel) that I have uploaded to my website.

I accessed the site, but used the Microsoft Works Spreadsheet (already downloaded) to view it. It "works" just fine.

:)

INJURY REPORT:

Center Alexei Zhamnov (back surgery) is expected to be sidelined until at least late November.

If an injury is listed as day-to-day or the player is expected to miss only a few games, do you want me to include it in the injury reports or would you prefer that only injuries that will keep someone out for over 1-2 weeks be reported?

I say we keep the 1-2 weeks going. If he's only out for a few days, who cares? Lol.

And I would just like to thank you, Takara. You're putting alot of work into this project and it is very kind. :bow:

I don't have the right software installed on my computer to read the Excel spreadhseet.... B)

I had dill test the link for me and he didn't have Excel on his computer and it worked so no fear. He told me that it opened an Excel viewer for him so he could view the spreadsheet.

If Internet Explorer will not let you open the file then make sure that you have completed your windows updates and update to the currrent version of IE and it will work.

I say we keep the 1-2 weeks going. If he's only out for a few days, who cares? Lol.

And I would just like to thank you, Takara. You're putting alot of work into this project and it is very kind.  B)

Thanks Bysty! It's been a labour of love so far. B) This pool has really helped me get back into following the game on a daily basis again. When my Jets were here I could name and give information on at least 10 - 15 players from every team in the league. Before I started watching last year's playoffs, I didn't even know there was a team in Carolina. D'oh!!

And here are the updated standings:

NHL Hockey Pool

I did the weekly check to make sure I hadn't missed any points so one or two players' totals have been corrected.

Edited by Takara_Soong

Injury Report:

Blues captain Al MacInnis had eye surgery Friday and will miss at least Saturday's game against the Washington Capitals.

The Blues declined to release further information on MacInnis' condition although an update is supposed to be given before the Blues next game against Washington.

TSN is reporting that the best-case scenario for MacInnis could be a month or two out of the lineup. The worst case scenario being that MacInnis could miss much longer, though it's premature to suggest the injury could be season- or career-ending.

I'll update this as more becomes known.

Here are the standings for games up to and including October 16, 2003:

NHL Hockey Pool

Here is an update on Al MacInnis:

Blues D MacInnis out indefinitely following eye surgery

Pool Trade:

Lessa Soong and Takara Soong have both traded Al MacInnis for Sergei Gonchar.

More on the MacInnis injury:

Click for Spoiler:

Former Norris Trophy winner Al MacInnis of the St. Louis Blues could miss the rest of the season after undergoing surgery to repair a torn retina in his left eye.

Doctors also addressed weakening in MacInnis' right retina during Friday's procedure at the Barnes Retinal Institute.

According to Blues general manager Larry Pleau, the 40-year-old defenseman will miss at least a month.

"The doctor has told him there is a healing process that is going to take place over the next four to 16, 17, 18 weeks," Pleau told reporters before Saturday's game against Washington.

"Nobody knows how long it'll be. ... What happens over the next 16-20 weeks, nobody knows."

Pleau also said he is moving under the assumption that MacInnis will not return this season.

Edited by Takara_Soong

Takara - you need to check your addition. Riker's Rockers has 36 points as of 10/16.  Thanks for all your hard work, nonetheless.

:clap:    :clap:

Whoops! Thanks for letting me know. When I made the Nylander/Sakic trade for your team one of my formulas got messed up a bit but it is fixed now. Double-checked everyone else's while I was at it. BTW, you guys should be glad I've got Excel doing my adding or the numbers would really be screwed! :)

I'll post an updated standings later this evening. It's a very light schedule tonight.

Red Wings assign Curtis Joseph to Grand Rapids of AHL

DETROIT (Ticker) - Detroit Red Wings goaltender Curtis Joseph, who is rehabilitating a surgically repaired ankle and soon may be looking for a new team, was assigned to Grand Rapids of the American Hockey League on Monday.

Joseph underwent surgery August 20 as doctors removed a bone chip from the back of the right ankle. He is expected to join the Griffins for Wednesday's and Thursday's morning practices and be available to play Friday against Utah.

The Red Wings have been trying to trade Joseph since six-time Vezina Trophy winner Dominik Hasek rejoined the team this summer after a one-year retirement.

The 36-year-old Joseph has two years and $16 million left on his contract, as well as a no-trade clause. But when Hasek announced his intention to return, the Red Wings picked up his $8 million option for the 2003-04 season.

Red Wings general manager Ken Holland hoped to deal Joseph before the start of training camp in September, but surgery backed up that timetable. Detroit also couldn't get rid of him in this month's waiver draft.

A 13-year veteran, Joseph left the Toronto Maple Leafs and signed with Detroit last summer to strengthen his chance of winning a Stanley Cup. But he was outplayed by goaltender Jean-Sebastien Giguere in Detroit's stunning first-round playoff loss to the Mighty Ducks of Anaheim in a four-game sweep.

Joseph went 34-19-6 with a 2.49 GAA and .912 save percentage last season but was criticized for his inconsistency.

Flames Goalie Roman Turek to miss a month with sprained MCL

--------------------------------------------------

CALGARY, Alberta (Ticker) - Calgary Flames goaltender Roman Turek has a sprained MCL in his right knee and is expected to be sidelined for about a month.

Turek injured the knee while attempting to stop a shot by Ales Kotalik 1:33 into the first period of Saturday's 2-0 loss at Buffalo. He played the rest of the way with stiffness in the knee.

An MRI revealed that Turek has a sprained ligament.

Turek, 33, is 0-2 with a 3.38 goals-against average this season - his third with the Flames since being acquired from the St. Louis Blues. He was forced to leave a game on October 11 against San Jose when Alyn McCauley crashed the crease and accidentally kneed Turek in the head.

Jamie McLennan, who is 2-0 with a shutout this season, replaces Turek as the starter.

The Flames recalled goaltender Dan Sabourin from Lowell of the American Hockey League to back up McLennan.

A native of the Czech Republic, Turek is 57-57-20 and a 2.55 goals-against average and nine shutouts over the previous two seasons with Calgary.

Player Injury:

Colorado forward Paul Kariya has a badly sprained wrist and will be out of the Avs line-up indefinitely.

Player Return:

Martin Havlat to make season debut for Senators tonight. He signed a contract with Ottawa in mid-October and is now ready to join the line-up.

Standings as of October 22, 2003:

NHL Hockey Pool

Trade announcements:

Takara Soong (Omicron Theta Androids) have traded Paul Kariya for Zigmund Pallfy.

jaz4debo (Riker's Rockets) traded Paul Kariya for Peter Forsberg.

Edited by Takara_Soong

Standings up to and including games played October 27, 2003:

NHL Hockey Pool

Injury Reports Updates (as of October 28, 2003):

Calgary: Goaltender Roman Turek (MCL sprain) is expected to be sidelined until at least late November.

Chicago: Center Alexei Zhamnov (back surgery) is expected to be sidelined until at least late November.

Colorado: Left wing Paul Kariya (wrist) is sidelined indefinitely.

Montreal: Center Saku Koivu (knee) is doubtful for Tuesday's game against Boston.

New York Rangers: Right wing Alexei Kovalev (MCL sprain) is probable for Tuesday's game against Anaheim.

St. Louis: Defensemen Al MacInnis (eye) is sidelined indefinitely.

Washington: Center Michael Nylander (broken leg) is expected to be sidelined until at least early November.

Here is an update to games played November 6, 2003:

NHL Hockey Pool

Injuries & Injury Updates:

Calgary: Goaltender Roman Turek (MCL sprain) is expected to be sidelined until at least late November.

Chicago: Center Alexei Zhamnov (back surgery) is expected to be sidelined until at least late November.

Colorado: Left wing Paul Kariya (wrist) is day-to-day.

Montreal: Center Saku Koivu (knee) is day-to-day.

NY Rangers: Defenseman Tom Poti (flu) is day-to-day.

Phoenix: Right wing Mike Johnson (shoulder) is sidelined indefinitely.

St. Louis: Defensemen Al MacInnis (eye) is sidelined indefinitely.

Washington: Center Michael Nylander (broken leg) is expected to be sidelined until at least early November.

jaz4debo has traded Mike Johnson for Mike Knuble effective today. This will be the final trade allowed for jaz4debo as we have a 3 trade maximum.

Doh! My team sucks now. Lol.

You still have 3 trades if you want to make any moves but the season is still early. lol

Here are the updated standings up to and including games on November 9, 2003.

NHL Hockey Pool

This has been so much fun so far. I can't believe how many hockey games I have listened to on internet radio since the start of the season. I usually go from game to game as one ends and another starts. Although I'm not a Coyotes fan it sure has been nice to hear Curt Kielback's wonderful play-by-play again.

Updated standings to games completed on November 14, 2003:

NHL Hockey Pool

Injury Reports and Updates:

Calgary - Goaltender Roman Turek (MCL sprain) is expected to be sidelined until at least late November.

Chicago - Goaltender Jocelyn Thibault (hip) will undergo surgery to be performed at a Pittsburgh hospital on Saturday morning. There is no word on how long the netminder will be sidelined. Center Alexei Zhamnov (back surgery) is expected to be sidelined until at least late November.

Colorado - Left wing Paul Kariya (wrist) played Thursday against Phoenix. Center Peter Forsberg (groin) missed Thursday's game and is day-to-day.

Edmonton - Goaltender Tommy Salo (hip) missed Thursday's game against Minnesota and is day-to-day.

Ottawa - Right wing Marian Hossa (sore foot) played Thursday against Philadelphia.

Phoenix - Right wing Mike Johnson (shoulder) is sidelined indefinitely.

St. Louis - Defensemen Al MacInnis (eye) is sidelined indefinitely. Center Doug Weight (suspension) is eligible to return November 19th against Anaheim.

Washington - Center Michael Nylander (broken leg) is expected to be sidelined until at least early November.

Here are the updated standings to and including games played November 18, 2003:

NHL Hockey Pool

Injury Reports and Updates

Calgary: Goaltender Roman Turek (MCL sprain) is expected to be sidelined until at least early January.

Goaltender Jocelyn Thibault (hip) is sidelined indefinitely.

Colorado: left wing Paul Kariya (wrist) and center Peter Forsberg (stomach muscle) are sidelined indefinitely.

Edmonton: Goaltender Tommy Salo (hip) is day-to-day.

Phoenix: Right wing Mike Johnson (shoulder) is sidelined indefinitely.

Pittsburgh: center Mario Lemieux (hip) is expected to miss Wednesday's game against Minnesota.

St. Louis: Center Doug Weight (suspension) is eligible to return Wednesday against Anaheim.

Washington: Center Michael Nylander (broken leg) is sidelined indefinitely.