Sign in to follow this  
VaBeachGuy

Wow!

Google better get their act in gear.  :P

The numbers can be misleading. Google crawls deeper while Hotbot crawls the same things over and over and over and over.

For instance if Google and Hotbot are here at the same time Hotbot might crawl the main page 15 times while Google crawls 5 different threads from 3-6 months ago.

Google gives a much better quality.

As an update to the ongoing saga of the Spiders I thought I'd post this.

Google has really taken a liking to us, especially since the upgrade. You'll see 2 different listings for Google because the name for the spider changed with the upgrade, but you can see that since the upgrade how many times Google's spiders have indexed the site. They've been nonstop almost!

spiders.JPG

spiders are "robots" sent out by the search engines to investigate sites and bookmark them - basicly remembering them - then adding them to the search engines list of site to look for..

try it:

go to http://www.google.com

type startrekfans

and in there should be this site..

98473[/snapback]

Freaky. I always wondered what those spider bots were.

Here's an update on the Spiders for anyone that's interested. The bottom 2 on the list are the original 2 Bots that were indexing the site all last year. Once we upgraded 15 days ago those 2 bots fell almost completely silent (there's been a little bit of indexing from them but not much).

As you can see, the new Google Bot spider has been all over the site and is just about to surpass the original Google Bot. The Original one took a year to reach 33,512 but the new Google Bot took only 15 days to reach 29,432 (and still counting).

It seems that the spiders like Invision 2.0 much more then the older version. You will also notice that the list of visiting spiders has grown quite a bit since the upgrade. That means more net visibility for us so the more the merrier!

spiderlog2.jpg

post-897-1097109206.gif

Is this why so many images aren't showing up???

Edited by Jeanway

spiders are "robots" sent out by the search engines to investigate sites and bookmark them - basicly remembering them - then adding them to the search engines list of site to look for..

try it:

go to http://www.google.com

type startrekfans

and in there should be this site..

98473[/snapback]

Freaky. I always wondered what those spider bots were.

249332[/snapback]

I suppose I could have just scrolled up. :b-day::b-day:

WOW, wont be long till google has over 100K That will b a huge diffrence comparedto the last one, Wait it already is a huge diffrence, lol

Yeah, the more the bots search the higher it will get on search engenes, the more people will see it, and more people will join. but then to many people could join more spamming could evolve, alot busyer mods cant controll it all and the site gets shut down. It depends on what sort of people it attracts i guess.

WOW, wont be long till google has over 100K That will b a huge diffrence comparedto the last one, Wait it already is a huge diffrence, lol

280740[/snapback]

Google actually already has over 100,000. They changed their spider about a year ago so they show up twice. The first one has 30,000+ and the second has 90,000+

Is this good for the site VBG? :frusty:

280741[/snapback]

Yeah, it's very good for the site. The more the spiders index the easier it is for people on search engines to find us.