Sign in to follow this  
VaBeachGuy

Wow!

When I last checked the spider logs Google had visited about 450 times, I just checked and that's up to 609 now. The one that made my eyes pop out though was Hot Bot, they had also visited about 500 times before the storm knocked me offline and now it's up to 1,778 visits! The spiders have been veyr busy this past week LOL.

hmm...how do you get the spiders to come so often??????

I'm not really sure what attracts them. I believe it has to do with how many searches are made and how much content they (the spiders) find to "crawl", the more popular a site is and the more content a site has the more they will crawl. I have talked to people that have had 10,000 and 15,000 visits by spiders. I've also talked to people with less then 100 so I don't really know why they crawl the sites they crawl.

I know that over the past week as I've visited this site,one or both spiders were always here.Even during the one time I logged on and was all alone here,the hotbot spider was with me.

The Spiders have really been crawling A LOT lately. It was just on Sept 26th when I posted about increased spider activity. Now here it is October 7th, only 11 days later and look how much they've craled now:

spiders.jpg

Google has crawled over 1000 times in just the last 2 or 3 days and it's "deep crawling" all the way back to March. I've even seen where it's "crawling" on the PM and E-mail functions as if it were trying to PM or e-mail someone lol.

The Hot Bot is winning!

I saw the GoogleBot Spider using the Personal Messenger, whats up with that?

The spider was just indexing the PM link, I've seen it also viewing the e-mail form for a few members too. It's not actually PMing or e-mailing, just indexing those pages.

Hotbot is winning right now but so you can see what Googlebot's been doing here's another snapshot of the Spider logs that's only 6 hours older then the one above:

spiders2.jpg

If it keeps up like this Google will be getting close to Hotbot lol

Um... What exactly are these weird spider bot things? They sound scary and, dare I say it, evil.

spiders are "robots" sent out by the search engines to investigate sites and bookmark them - basicly remembering them - then adding them to the search engines list of site to look for..

try it:

go to http://www.google.com

type startrekfans

and in there should be this site..

Here's the latest Spider log for anyone interested.

spiders4.jpg

Here's what a difference a month and a half can make with the spiders:

bots.jpg

Here we are about 3 weeks after the last spider post, I thought you might like to see how Hotbot's done:

spiders5.JPG

Here's the latest Spider log for anyone interested.

spiders4.jpg

Here's what a difference a month and a half can make with the spiders:

bots.jpg

Here we are about 3 weeks after the last spider post, I thought you might like to see how Hotbot's done:

spiders5.JPG

Here's an update on the Spiders progress.

spider6.jpg