Sign in to follow this  
Madam Captain

What was the first Voyager episode you ever saw?

Hi there B)

I'm new to this forum and relatively new to the world of Star Trek. I have seen several episodes of The Next Generation, most of the movies, the first season of Deep Space Nine and most of the Voyager series.

I was just wondering what was the first episode of Voyager you ever saw??

The first episode I ever watched properly was 'The Thaw'. This was a great episode to watch, as it was 'stand alone' episode of sorts and ideal for anyone who is interested in Voyager but has never seen an episode. Of course, I had no idea who the characters were or even that the Doctor was a hologram but I enjoyed it nevertheless. The next episodes of Voyager that I watched were 'Fair Haven' and 'Counterpoint'. Well, they were on in the background because my housemate was watching them (she is a dedicated trekkie) so I really only listened to them. She has also watched 'Endgame' several times but because I had never seen Voyager before, it all went right over my head (and I wasn't really watching it anyway)

My housemate suggested that we watch Voyager from the beginning and in order. She could see that I liked it after watching 'The Thaw' and thought it would be great to watch it from the start. She had seen the entire series before (some episodes she has seen many times) but as she is a trekkie, she was excited to watch them again. We are nearly half way through season seven.

Just curious,

Linda

Hello Madam Captain.

I watched (and recorded) VOY from the first episode to the last. Btw, I also did the same for TOS (not recored during first run though, VCR's hadnt been invented yet) TNG, DS9 and have all of ENT so far.

Which episode was the one with the dinosaurs??? Do you mean the one where Paris and Janeway turned into lizards and had babies??? I don't remember any episodes about dinosaurs.

I saw Caretaker first, then eventually saw them all, but probably not in order.

I watched it from the beginning. No one can stop me from watching trek. I could be on my deathbed and the reeper is knocking on my door and I'd be like, "Hang on a sec. They're still making new episodes of Star Trek. Come back in a few centuries."

Edited by Essoq

Caretaker.I remember becoming furious part way through the episode,because the local UPN affiliate went off the air about three-quarters of the way through the show and didn't return to the air until the closing credits.I could have thrown my television through the wall.But UPN replayed caretaker the next night,so I was satisfied.

I started watching with caretaker till some time in the mid fourth season then they stoped playing it on my fox station then we got upn in the start of the seventh season so now that it is on in reruns at midnight on my fox station I am catching up.

The first VOY episode I ever saw was Real Fife where the doctor made a holoprogram to expirence what it was like to have a family. I was a very emotional episode too.

Scorpion part 1, was the 1st Voyager i ever seen, i'd just got cable and it was on after school, there was nothin' else on, i watched the ep, and i was hooked, after i watched both Scorpions i watched all the preceeding eps and then watched the new ones religiously.

Caretaker. At the time,I though it was the best star trek pilot episode since Where No man has gone before and the cage.

Edited by cyphrx

I believe 3 of 7 is referring to "Distant Origin" the one where the Voth are really hadrosaurs from Earth's createous period.

Yes, that was the one. B)

B)

'Ex post facto' I beileve. I was relativley new to Star Trek, as I had only seen a smattering of TNG and DS9, but this episode hooked me straight away. I watched every episode following that fanaticly and finally got my wish when my local TV supplier re-ran VOY, start to finish.

Hi there again :blink:

Thanks for all your replies. This forum is great, much better than the one at the official Star Trek site.

I was also wondering, how do you reply to a particular post?? I have just been clicking the red 'add reply' button at the top of the thread but I think this only replies to the first post. Is there a way to reply to a post without just replying to the frist post?

Linda

Hi there again  :blink:

Thanks for all your replies. This forum is great, much better than the one at the official Star Trek site.

I was also wondering, how do you reply to a particular post?? I have just been clicking the red 'add reply' button at the top of the thread but I think this only replies to the first post. Is there a way to reply to a post without just replying to the frist post?

Linda

If you wish to draw direct reference to a point made in another's post you can use the 'quote' function. At the top of each post should be a button entitled 'quote', once selected you can reply more clearly to each statement (as shown here).

Other than that the 'reply' command button just adds your post to the bottom of the thread.

Edited by TransporterMalfunction

The first episode of Voyager I ever saw was "Scorpion, Part II." I only caught the last five or ten minutes, though.

I had just recently gotten into Star Trek, so I didn't know much about the Trek universe. I was about to go to sleep one night when I thought to check the TV to see if Star Trek was on. I wasn't expecting to see it; I didn't even have cable/satellite television at the time. But I figured I might as well check before I went to bed... it couldn't hurt. Well, I was flipping through channels when I saw something that caught my eye. It was very dark, and there was an eerie green glow to things. And I saw what I thought was a Borg. Remember, I was still new to the Star Trek world, and I had only a vague idea of what a Borg was. So I decided to sit back and watch some more. Pretty soon, I saw a guy with pointed ears. But I wasn't sure if they were pointed or not. It was very dark, and I thought my mind was playing tricks on me, making me see what I wanted to see and not what was really there. But the uniforms looked oddly familiar. And the communicator badges they wore were also familiar, though different.

Well, I eventually figured out that it was, indeed, Star Trek. What a coincidence that I happened to catch it. It was fate, I tell you! At this point, I had only ever hear mention of Voyager once, and I had forgotten about it until then, so I had no idea there was even a Star Trek: Voyager. I was very surprised to find this new series.

The end of that episode intrigued me greatly, so I tuned in the next night at the right time and saw my first whole episode of Voyager, "Worst Case Scenario." I loved it, and I especially loved Tuvok. Of course, I was kind of confused. Why did the computer make the Doctor disappear? What are these Maquis? What's up with this Seska? But in time, I learned who the characters were and the background of Voyager's story. I liked the idea of them getting lost in the Delta Quadrant. I've been a big Voyager fan ever since.

Guest -*Madam Captain*-
The first episode of Voyager I ever saw was "Scorpion, Part II."  I only caught the last five or ten minutes, though.

I had just recently gotten into Star Trek, so I didn't know much about the Trek universe.  I was about to go to sleep one night when I thought to check the TV to see if Star Trek was on.  I wasn't expecting to see it; I didn't even have cable/satellite television at the time.  But I figured I might as well check before I went to bed... it couldn't hurt.  Well, I was flipping through channels when I saw something that caught my eye.  It was very dark, and there was an eerie green glow to things.  And I saw what I thought was a Borg.  Remember, I was still new to the Star Trek world, and I had only a vague idea of what a Borg was.  So I decided to sit back and watch some more.  Pretty soon, I saw a guy with pointed ears.  But I wasn't sure if they were pointed or not.  It was very dark, and I thought my mind was playing tricks on me, making me see what I wanted to see and not what was really there.  But the uniforms looked oddly familiar.  And the communicator badges they wore were also familiar, though different.

Well, I eventually figured out that it was, indeed, Star Trek.  What a coincidence that I happened to catch it.  It was fate, I tell you!  At this point, I had only ever hear mention of Voyager once, and I had forgotten about it until then, so I had no idea there was even a Star Trek: Voyager.  I was very surprised to find this new series.

The end of that episode intrigued me greatly, so I tuned in the next night at the right time and saw my first whole episode of Voyager, "Worst Case Scenario."  I loved it, and I especially loved Tuvok.  Of course, I was kind of confused.  Why did the computer make the Doctor disappear?  What are these Maquis?  What's up with this Seska?  But in time, I learned who the characters were and the background of Voyager's story.  I liked the idea of them getting lost in the Delta Quadrant.  I've been a big Voyager fan ever since.

Hi there :lol:

I can remember stumbling across Voyager once, when I had stayed up late and I was looking for something to watch. As I had only ever seen The Next Generation episodes before, I wasn't really interested in Voyager, especially because all the characters were different. I also watched a few minutes of Deep Space Nine once and I liked it when I saw O'Brien because I remembered him from TNG. Apart from those times, I never got into Voyager or DS9 until earlier this year. Its hard to get into Star Trek when there isn't anyone else around to explain things. My housemate is a trekkie so she has been answering all my questions (and I have lots!)

I love Voyager and I'm just starting to get into DS9. Eventually, we are going to watch TNG from the start too. I really want to go to a convention now but as I live in Australia, there isn't many (and even less in Perth, where I live) My housemate saw Kate Mulgrew at a convention in Melbourne (along with Rene Auberjonois sp??) and Ethan Phillips at a Perth convention. I'm very jealous!

Linda

The first one I saw was Caretaker on the night it was originally aired. Other then TOS (because I wasn't born yet) I have seen all of the Treks on the night they aired.

Caretaker was the first one, I taped them all in order up through the 2nd season, but I already had a huge box of tapes when I was taping TNG, so decided I had to stop. I did tape a few of the others, Scorpion, and the series finale. But I watched the series from the first episode to the very last.

I saw Caretaker in America ( :P) when it first aired, i was quite xcited, i was in California at the time and me and my family were flicking through the channels, the one and only dealing i have had with UPN!

The first one I saw was the one where Ichib wants to give Seven his nurel node because her's is malfunctioning. As you can see I started very late in the game.

The first one I saw was the one where Ichib wants to give Seven his nurel node because her's is malfunctioning.  As you can see I started very late in the game.

Imperfection 7.1, wasnt it?