Sign in to follow this  
Captain Jean-Luc Picard

U.S.S. Voyager - In Trek XI?

For the sake of discussion, let's assume that Trek XI will be a VOY movie.

Would you like to see the U.S.S. Voyager used in the movie, or would you rather see the crew get a new ship? If a new ship, do tell!

Me, I think Voyager was an ingenious design for a starship in the Trek universe. I'd like the ship to make it to the movies, but with subtle upgrades to the outside. As for the interriors, I'd like them to be the same basic "shape" of the sets from the series, but with a totally new look for the movie.

If they decided to replace Voyager after being destroyed/decommissioned, should that be it, or should there be another Voyager? If they did decide to replace it, I say the name should be something to this effect:

U.S.S. Voyager NCC-74656-II

Istead of using letters like the Enterprise, use roman numerals to be unique instead of copying the Enterprise's tradition.

Anywho, what are your thoughts on seeing the ship in a VOY movie?

well the letter after the registry is not just an Enterprise tradition, its a basic Starfleet principle, as i understand it, and its easy to read because if you saw:

NCC-74656-II

you might think it was N-C-C-7-4-6-5-6-2

i think Janeway should get a movie with the same crew, but with an Akira-Class ship, and Seven shouldnt be there (cause shes with Unimatrix Zero!) :bow:

Edited by trekzone

Stardate:213699.8

As in the original timeline in Endgame i think Voyager will more than likely be made into some sort of musuem so i think that the Voyager II idea is a good one

I'd like to see another Intrepid class Voyager,since the original will almost definitely be made into a museum piece.But unless Janeway accepted a demotion,who would be commanding officer?Captain Chakotay?Hmmm....

That said,I probably would not want to see a Voyager film.I was never a fan of the series,though I did watch frequently.

I think Voyager would be a great movie, hopefully with the same crew, should be interesting to see what the storyline would be.

:bow:

trekzone, nice idea there. Didn't think of possible confussion like that. Anywho, I have never seen a ship that follows the tradition of carring the same name and registry number, followed by a letter, in any series or movie. Can you provide a few examples? Perhaps Starfleet would decide to do the same with Voyager, so we have two famous ships? :bow:

Geranimo, in the original timeline, Voyager had been lost in space for 23 years. After that much time in the Delta and Beta quadrants, sure the ship would become a museum. However, only 7 years in the Delta Quadrant in the alterred timeline? I would think the ship would still be servicable, 7 years isn't long for a Starfleet ship.

captainfreeman, keep in mind that Admiral Kirk commanded the Enterprise in movies 1-3, and "supposedly" had a 2nd 5-year-mission between the first and second movies.

captainfreeman, keep in mind that Admiral Kirk commanded the Enterprise in movies 1-3, and "supposedly" had a 2nd 5-year-mission between the first and second movies.

Well in The Motion Picture Admiral Kirk took a tempory grade reduction to Captain, in The Wrath of Khan Kirk was not the commanding officer until the ship went on active duty and as he was the highest ranking officer on the ship at the time he took command, and of course in The Search for Spock Captain Spock had died so Kirk was left in command and then basically stole the ship.

So in a way it could be argued that Kirk never commanded the Enterprise for a long mission as Admiral. Therefore, the only way that Janeway could command Voyager would be to:

a) Be aboard the ship in the middle of an emergency

b) Take a tempory grade reduction (only good for one film)

c) Be demoted

Edited by TransporterMalfunction

:force: I would like to see Voyager in the next Star trek movie if there is one.

But I think that it should also include some of the crew from Deep Space Nine and the Defiant.

I believe that the next movie assuming there is one will probably have a new ship with Ryker as it's captain. Since he was given his own command in Nemesis.

I would actually like to see a blending of the crews of all 3 shows.

A voyager movie would present several problems. Chakotay and B'elena are not Starfleet, and neither is Sever. Moreover, we would be missing Neelix. In the last few episodes he was at least able to make an appearance over subspace comms. And like mentioned above, Janeway is an admiral.

Since Chakotay and Janeway haven't been aboard Voyager for the past several years, it has had a new captain and commander (assuming that they didn't decommision Voyager, which is also a distinct possibility due to the cicumstances of Voyager for the past seven years. Also, Voyager had many experimental components that would probably need changing. We all know that the bio gel packs caused several problems.)

So why would Chakotay, Seven, B'elana, and Janeway end up being aboard, and how would they fill the gap left by Neelix.

To have a new movie it would be best for the writters to say that Voyager was decommisioned to avoid the problem of its having new a new captain and commander. Then say they have created an experimental slip stream ship. For some reason, they need it to travel to the Delta quadrant. Since those characters have experience with the Delta quad Janeway decides to bring them together and go along. Along the way they could pick up Neelix.

Now for funs sake, lets say that they take this experimental ship out of dock before its completely finished. (ie it doesn't have all of it's replicators or a name!) Upon completeing the mission, they could return to earth via slip stream and starfleet could acknowledge their great performance and decide to name the ship VOYAGER A.

This would allow the entire main cast to be in the delta quad like the series to give it the same feeling.

Starfleet could then recognize the importance and take the liberty to keep them together on the ship and allow them to continue such missions.

Well in The Motion Picture Admiral Kirk took a tempory grade reduction to Captain, in The Wrath of Khan Kirk was not the commanding officer until the ship went on active duty and as he was the highest ranking officer on the ship at the time he took command, and of course in The Search for Spock Captain Spock had died so Kirk was left in command and then basically stole the ship.

So in a way it could be argued that Kirk never commanded the Enterprise for a long mission as Admiral. Therefore, the only way that Janeway could command Voyager would be to:

:force: Take a tempory grade reduction (only good for one film)

c) Be demoted

Actually, it was Decker that was temporarilly reduced in rank, Kirk was still Admiral. He had the ranks of Admiral and was referred to as Admiral.

This would allow the entire main cast to be in the delta quad like the series to give it the same feeling.

See, this would kill the movie for me. I'd like to see the full cast, aside from Neelix unless they go back to the DQ, and Voyager or a suitable successor... However, I'd like to see something totally new, not more of the same. That's what's killing Trek, fans want more of the same and won't let the producers be creative and inventive. I love your idea. Chakotay "was" Starfleet, and if pardoned, could rejoin and possibly command Voyager. Seven can go to the Acadamy, and B'Elanna could get a commissioned rank of Ensign instead of making her finish the Acadamy. However, with Janeway being Admiral, Torres would probably keep her Lt. rank. hehe

:force: Take a tempory grade reduction (only good for one film)

c) Be demoted

Actually, it was Decker that was temporarilly reduced in rank, Kirk was still Admiral. He had the ranks of Admiral and was referred to as Admiral.

If you watch The Motion Picture I think you will find that I am correct as Kirk changes into a blue Captain's uniform once on board the Enterprise. He is also referred to as 'Captain' by the bridge crew once he has taken command and he makes a 'Captain's' log.

However, you are right that Decker was also reduced in rank temporally. :)

Edited by TransporterMalfunction

My question is: Why does an Admiral need to be reduced in rank in order to command a starship? Besides, Admiral Ross on DS9 commanded his own ship. Admiral Riker, in the "All Good Things..." future, commanded a futuristic Enterprise-D. We've seen other Admirals command ships, why couldn't Janeway if desired?

I would like a blend of DS9 and VOY elements in ST:XI. I like the idea of Chakotay being awarded command of Voyager and most of its crew while Admiral Janeway is given a new vessel, possibly the Prometheus? As for a story I don't have any real ideas, although I'd like to see the Gamma quadrant investigated a bit further. Oh and we should definetly see Bajor and hwht has happened to it since DS9 ended.

Commander Bolivar, you seem to know what happens to the VOY crew and that this would effect what were to happen if a VOY movie were made. Can you tell me where you got this info and why you think it would effect a future VOY movie, or did you make it up for your movie idea? :o

Well i feel that we all need to acknwoledge that voyager the ship will not be in the 11th movie as much as we love that ship starfleet's section 31 would have it taken apart dissected put back together and taken apart again so that starfleet could gain a tactical advantage over the romulans and other such attacking alian species seing as voyager has technology from the future..... from the borg...... and several alien species hostile or other wise... not to mention belanna's ideas and work on the SLIP STREAM DRIVE and i believe that commander bolivar's iidea is not good because if they are there only to explore around then go home then there is never any real danger when anything happens....

I would be sooooo cool to see a Voyager movie, since it's the best series in my oppinion. However, I doubt it's going to happen. The next one will probably be either DS9 or ENT :( :clap: However, if they are smart, they would make a voyager movie. That's something I'd put money into

I would love to see a Voyager and Deep Space Nine movie combined. I love both series (even though I haven't seen the entire seven seasons of DS9 yet). I think the characters from both Voyager and DS9 would complement each other very well. However, I hope a new movie is made soon because the actors from both series would be getting a bit old by now.

Madam Captain out!!

I think a movie would be great...but the plot would be?...maybe the Caretaker in the Alpha Quad..just a thought

:laugh:

well, since Voyager is destroyed, I think there has to be a massive battle somewhere, so they decide to put Voyager back together, and send it off to save the universe! Ok, maybe not THAT big of a battle. But make it a galactic battle, involving many races. And of course, the emh and ech would both have to come back. And he just might save the day :-) There would also have to be at least a BIT of time jumping. Then vulcans also have to play a big part. Now, just mash all of those ideas together lol.

Voyager wasn't destroyed. :o

Ugh, I'm so sick of the "universe is at stake" story, becuase we know the universe won't be destroyed and it's so overused, it's just plain predictable.

What I'd like to see is a story where someone besides the Federation :o is at stake and the Voyager crew are just the ones who can help due to their DQ experrience.

What, like Insurrection?

I would like to see Voyager in a movie: but just a support role like the Defiant in First Contact. That was well done!