Sign in to follow this  
Captain Jean-Luc Picard

U.S.S. Voyager - In Trek XI?

A version of Voager should be used as the ship in Star trek XI.

Why?

It would make sense for paramount and the ST franchise to use all the publicity of using Voyagers captain in the borg experience at vegas and in the last film.

If they were to have a Voyager film it should be the fact that Janeway would have to be more of an invited guest as say a diplomatic admiral or somesuch to truely make it a Voyager movie

It would make sense for paramount and the ST franchise to use all the publicity of using Voyagers captain in the borg experience at vegas and in the last film.

I admit that may be good reason to do a VOY film but my #1 priority is Story.

2nd would be the Story and finally, it would need to have a Good Story.

For the record, IMO a good story will have nothing to do with finding out what the characters have been up to. It, like previous Trek films, must advance the saga forward in some important way (btw, I thought NEM DID do that.)

I think TPTB are going to be seeing this opening as a pseudo film meant to buy them at least three (or 4) more years of time before another true film would be finishing up production.

I was under the impression that the sets for Voyager were ditched after the series ended, making it unlikely to appear in a film unless they recreate the set at cost.

The sets were torn down, but look at the Enterprise-E. They rebuilt those sets for the 9th and 10th movies. The Voyager crew would probably either get an upgraded Voyager or a new ship.

well first off there are alot of gaps that need filling i think if they did they should just do away with neelix, it will only take away from the movie..and who says they have to have hte full cast? the problem with making a voy movie is the same as making a DS9 one.. they split hte cast up at the end, they should just milk TNG for another movie.. then see what ENT can do

VOY's cast was not split up. We saw Voyager return to Earth, but the fate of the ship and crew are unkown beyond Janeway's promotion to Admiral and assignment to Starfleet Command. The only characters I don't see "returning" for a VOY movie are Kes and Neelix. The others could be written in provided the actors agree to return.

an ENT movie would be cooler

Voy movie cool

ENT.. has a lot more possiblities that Voy..(general thinking).... mostly becuase of the temporal cold war..

hey now here's an Idea... A movie about the The Temporal Cold war.. talks about how the federation fell... new form of goverment.. Daniels and his organization.. that could be crossed over with ENT

A voy movie... Neelix pleas for help in the DQ.. says Voyager is needed back into the DQ for some reason.. or a DQ race invades the AQ.. like species 8472.. but they are attacking not only the federation but we can say the klingons, cardassions.. romulans.. also...

i but then again wut do i know

Edited by thestupidvulcan

Voyager

1. Movie about 3rd Borg invasion.

2. Movie about Species 8472 invasion.

3. Movie about Voyager using transwarp drive to return to the DQ for a reconassiance mission.

Enterprise

1. Movie about the Romulan war.

2. Movie about the founding of the UFP.

3. Movie about the TCW.

Either show would make great movies. :)

I think that i will take this oppurtunity to remark that THERE IS A STORY OF WHAT HAPPENED TO VOYAGERS CREW AFTER THEY GOT HOME... its called "homecoming" and every one needs to know that it is the best ST book i have ever read... it would also make a great movie for further referance look up the book and read it!

also:

qoute from: captain jean-luc picard

I thought voyager was "dismantled" when it got home, because it had too much technology on it

Based on what?

HOMECOMING!!!!!

:naughty: