Sign in to follow this  
VaBeachGuy

Roller Coasters

Are you ready to ride the roller coasters?

Are you sure?

Ok...

These are from Kings Dominion in Doswell Virginia (outside Richmond).

Is that the "Rebel Yell"? I once rode that 11 times in a row!... :)

Oh, I'd love to try #2 & 3. Also saw a few nice ones in the 4th video.

Below is a sampling of some of the best coasters in our neck of the woods. 1st is X-treme. You go up the lift backwards, at the top, the chair pod you are sitting in flips you forward so you are facing towards the ground as you drop giving you the sensation it is going to plow you face first right into it. Then through the course of the ride your seating pod continues to flip you forward or backward at the most inconvenient of times.

During that video, look out over the park while at the top of the lift; see that orange and yellow ride: meet "Tatsu"

Goliath: (2oo foot drop, 85 mph)

Superman: The Escape (worlds first linear induction propelled ride)

Batman (worlds first suspended looping)

Riddler's Revenge (worlds first stand-up looping)

I am a Coaster Junkie, anybody been to Disny MGM Studios and rode the Aerosmith Rock N Rollin Coaster?

that was fun, but the best place for Coasters IMO is either Cedar Point, (for fast speed extreme Coasters) and Kennywood, for the Classic Wooden coasters

I love Coasters

evil...just evil

:)

Is that the "Rebel Yell"? I once rode that 11 times in a row!... B)

Yep, that's the Rebel Yell (Video #1). The first time I rode it I was 7 years old. They have it so you can ride it 2 different ways now. One car faces front and one car faces backwards.

Anyone that's interested should rent the 1977 movie Rollercoaster, Kings Dominion and the Rebel Yell were featured in it.

Oh, I'd love to try #2 & 3. Also saw a few nice ones in the 4th video.

#2 is the Anaconda, somewhere I have a picture of me and one of my nieces on it. I'll have to find it and post it.

#3 is the Volcano, it was brand new the last time I went so the wait was about 2 hours to get on and I didn't feel like waiting so I've never actually been on that one. It looks really cool though.

I've ridden the Rebel Yell - also I rode- I think it was the Shockwave - where you're standing up when you go upside down.

Yeah, that's the Shockwave. It stands where the old Galaxy Roller coaster used to be (for anyone that went to KD in the 70's they should remember the Galaxy). I love the sideways turns it puts you through.

I am a Coaster Junkie, anybody been to Disny MGM Studios and rode the Aerosmith Rock N Rollin Coaster?

that was fun, but the best place for Coasters IMO is either Cedar Point, (for fast speed extreme Coasters) and Kennywood, for the Classic Wooden coasters

I love Coasters

I've been to MGM but that was in 1997 and I don't think they had any Roller Coasters at that time. At Kings Dominion a great wooden roller coaster is the Grizzly.

no I was there in 96 and they didn put that coaster in until later, I'm not sure when, Its an indoor Coaster, like the Outer Limits ride at Kings Dominion was, the aerosmth Coaster I think was new when me and Alana came down to Disney a few years ago

Edited by Itchygomba69

I rode the Aerosmith coaster at MGM.........Awesome ride and awesome music!... :)

no I was there in 96 and they didn put that coaster in until later, I'm not sure when, Its an indoor Coaster, like the Outer Limits ride at Kings Dominion was, the aerosmth Coaster I think was new when me and Alana came down to Disney a few years ago

Is the Outer Limits gone? I think I read that they had to rename it becasue their contract and naming rights expired but if it's gone completely that's a shame. That was a great ride.

I think it was just renamed to Flight to freedom, but I am not sure

Oh ok, I thought they were just going to rename it so hopefully it's still there. I'm hoping on some company in the next year or 2 and that would be one of the roller coasters I'd want to take them on.

Here's the Flight of Fear at Kings Dominion, it's a really awesome ride. I've also added one of my all time favorites, the Grizzly.

Now I want to go on all of these :blink:

I REALLY want to do this one...

This is the thing I told you about that hangs upside down....

I am so jealous that you live near these now. Robert says you've created a monster. :blink: